Party Down Forums

Starz (ended 2010)

Megan Mullally Joins The Cast: Thumbs Up Or Down?

thefanof

[1]Sep 5, 2009
    • level: 102

Megan Mullally, best known as Karen Walker on Will & Grace, and recently starred on the short-lived ABC series In The Motherhood has signed on to star in the second season of Party Down. She will play the mother of a 13 year old aspiring actress.

Thumbs up or down on the decision? I've never been a big fan and I think this could be an epic fail, but I'll wait and see.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

CCsizzle

[2]Sep 11, 2009
    • level: 2
    Good be good I guess, not really for or against her until I see her in it. I heard that there is a good chance that Jane Lynch won't be returning which is a shame because she's one of my personal favorites. Well honestly I can't really find a reason to dislike any of the characters with the exception of Jane's "replacement," Jennifer Coolidge. Maybe it's just because I miss my Constance though.

thefanof

[3]Oct 3, 2009
    Jane Lynch is not returning.

aaronc1987

[4]Oct 25, 2009
    • level: 9
    Actually, Jane Lynch and Kristen Bell are guesting next season. Bell will be involved all season with Henry, but is only signed on to actually appear in one episode. Jane Lynch is getting married, meanwhile, and the staff will be catering this in the season finale. Excited!

Bisrossk

[5]Nov 13, 2009
    • level: 9

CCsizzle wrote:
    Well honestly I can't really find a reason to dislike any of the characters with the exception of Jane's "replacement," Jennifer Coolidge. Maybe it's just because I miss my Constance though.

No, it's just because the actress and the character she's playing are extremely annoying.

thefanof

[6]Nov 14, 2009
    aaronc1987 wrote:
    Actually, Jane Lynch and Kristen Bell are guesting next season. Bell will be involved all season with Henry, but is only signed on to actually appear in one episode. Jane Lynch is getting married, meanwhile, and the staff will be catering this in the season finale. Excited!

Yes, Lynch and Bell will reprise their roles for the season finale, but the former will not be returning to the cast full-time.

thefanof

[7]Jan 19, 2010
    http://www.starz.com/originals/PartyDown

Pictures of Megan Mullally in costume.

TypeB

[9]May 20, 2010
    • level: 6

Thumbs DOWN. Megan Mullally (Lydia) just seems off-putting.

I still like this show, but I miss Jane Lynch (Constance). Her character and acting were awesome. Lynch was hilarious without even trying. Mullally on the other hand, seems to be trying but failing.

While I didn't like the show Will & Grace... I saw some episodes, and I think Mullally was a better fit in that one rather than Party Down.