Party Down Forums

Starz (ended 2010)

Underappreciated!!

[1]Apr 16, 2009
    • level: 12
    It seems like Party Down, hasn't been getting the appreciatetion that it deserves. I finally got to catch up on it the other day. It is such a good show. I like how every episode so far has had a guest star from Veronica Mars. The Jokes are hilarous the episode with the pancake lady made me laugh really hard. I just hope Starz starts promoting it more and have the fans start bringing in traffic to Party Down forums. Because I truely believe this is underappreciated and underrated show.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

CaptainYes

[2]Apr 18, 2009
    • level: 8
    I agree this is a really great show. I didn't know anything about it going into the first episode, but I have been hooked since. Great cast, sharp writing, and the wink,wink nudge,nudge from Rob Thomas really puts me over the top. I hope more people find this show!

Teh_Fonz

[4]May 19, 2009
    • level: 10
    I love this show. the humor is great, the guests are awesome and the characters as well as the actors who play them are perfect

thefanof

[5]May 29, 2009
    • level: 102
    It is a decent show, but a bit underwhelming. I expected a lot more given who was involved, but there have been some very good episodes.

On a side note, if you read USA Today's Pop Candy blog, which is one of the few blogs on the internet worth your time, Whitney constantly praises the show. So it is getting appreciation out there.

mackymacaspac

[6]Jul 27, 2009
    • level: 78
    I just think the show's humor isn't for everyone. But people should give it a chance. Hopefully, PD gets more love in the second season. Even the TV.com show forum's awfully quiet.

angeland8

[7]Aug 23, 2009
    • level: 10
    I agree. At first it was not so great, but then it became just fantastic!

fermaldehyde

[8]Sep 12, 2009
    • level: 16
    Best day ever. I met Adam Scott today, after seeing the movie "Passenger Side" at TIFF. I got his autograph, and a picture with him, and made a complete fool of myself in front of him, squealing like a star-struck school girl (which, technically, I was). I couldn't believe how down to earth he was, just walking around the theatre, going to Starbucks, and getting into a cab (yes, I did spend some time... following him). Absolutely no one stopped him, even though he was just out in public, doing his thing, which surprised me because I thought he was famous enough to be recognized. I know this is slightly irrelevant, but it was just itching to get out of me how cool the star of this show really is. The only thing I regret is not asking him to say "are we having fun yet?".

thefanof

[9]Jan 19, 2010
    • level: 102
    fermaldehyde wrote:
    Best day ever. I met Adam Scott today, after seeing the movie "Passenger Side" at TIFF. I got his autograph, and a picture with him, and made a complete fool of myself in front of him, squealing like a star-struck school girl (which, technically, I was). I couldn't believe how down to earth he was, just walking around the theatre, going to Starbucks, and getting into a cab (yes, I did spend some time... following him). Absolutely no one stopped him, even though he was just out in public, doing his thing, which surprised me because I thought he was famous enough to be recognized. I know this is slightly irrelevant, but it was just itching to get out of me how cool the star of this show really is. The only thing I regret is not asking him to say "are we having fun yet?".

Don't feel upset, I'd mark out if I saw The One They Call Derek in public too.

TypeB

[10]Apr 27, 2010
    • level: 6
    I want to add this show to my WatchList.

gabi771

[11]Jun 28, 2010
    • level: 4

totally agree. this is the best reality comedy since the office.Smile

Edited on 06/28/2010 7:08am