Party Down

James Rolf High School Twentieth Reunion

Aired Friday 10:30 PM May 15, 2009 on Starz

• A classic high school reunion episode.

This episode serves to further cement Ron as a good guy who tries too hard, but will never break out of his old life. His Party Down team is catering a 20 year high school reunion which also happens to be Ron's reunion. His delusion is that if people see him catering the event as the team leader, they will be impressed and no longer think of him as the screw up loser he was in high school.
    In other story lines, we meet Constance's roommate, played by the wonderful character actress Jennifer Coolidge, but the overall episode is brought down by the fact that Jane Lynch isn't in it. Casey also convinces Henry not to move back home with his parents in a two touching scenes at the bar and later by the staircase. Their chemistry comes as a surprise in this show, and I really enjoy it.
  • Ron's High School Reunion

I apologize to those who follow my blog as I suggested that people should watch Party Down (if they have not already) beginning with this episode. That was an error in judgment as there was no excuse for this.

The show has gotten to the point where Ken Marino and Adam Scott are funny enough to carry a weak plot, but being the penultimate episode of the season needs to be better than this.

In other news: Party Down has been renewed for a second season. Up next week is Veronica Mars' Kristen Bell guest starring on the program. Hopefully that brings in some viewers.