Party of Five Forums

FOX (ended 2000)

is season 1 the worst season of the series?

aliviastokes

[1]Nov 6, 2010
    • level: 1

i think seasom 1 is the worst season of the series and i was wondering if anyone agrees.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

HelloStuart

[2]Nov 7, 2010
    • level: 63
    You're probably in the minority. If anything, the first season set the blueprint for the show's late-90s glory years. By seasons five and six, however you could tell PO5 was starting to run out of gas.

Xander72

[3]Jan 20, 2011
    • level: 6
    Yeah it was definitely having issues in its last season. I loved the first season especially because I was just 2 years younger than Charlie's character at the time.

DQMW154

[4]Jan 27, 2011
    • level: 9

I agree with the above. I would say the 5th and 6th season are the worst. I'm rewatching the series now, up to episode 12 in season 5. Goodness, is the show starting to grasp at straws. After a good story arch with the Cancer plot in season 4; It seems the the writers just started to throw every calamity in the universe at the Salingers. Possible kidnapping? check. Held up at knife point? check again. Abusive boyfriend? deadbeat mom? check. check.

Edited on 01/27/2011 12:19pm

hmnut7

[5]Feb 22, 2012
    • level: 12

Yeah I think most fans will say season 1 was the golden age. When the show was about what the show was suppose to be about, these kids trying to stay together. Near the end it dipped a little more into generic family drama show (not too bad, but still it was there).