Party of Five

Pilot

Aired Unknown Sep 12, 1994 on FOX

• Party of Five Pilot

KDOC is showing Party of Five from the beginning. Never got to watch this show from its original runs so it's interesting to see this. Also interesting to see Matthew Fox before LOST. His character of Charlie Salinger is so different from Jack.

Charlie is irresponsible, sleazy, tends to be more aggressive than passive and is anything but honest. Actually Charlie in a way reminds more of Sawyer.

Anyhow, this is a pretty good show. It still has that sitcom feeling where miraculous things happen that wouldn't happen in real life. However, the writers end up developing the character enough to be seemingly real for the most part.

In the pilot Charlie is working as a handyman something he would for a while in Season One before getting the bartending job from his Dad's friend.

We see immediately that Charlie isn't the wisest of making important decision when one of his friends fouls up a business deal using up a huge amount of the families cash.

There's a lot of funny jokes here following Charlie's colossal blunder like where Bailey acts him if gambled the house away in a poker bet.

Bailey is the younger brother. A little more reliable than Charlie but not always. The writers end up writing a beautiful Nanny into the picture.

We meet Julia, Neve Campbell. Julia is the typical teenager girl very naive and like the rest not the best at making decisions.

The little girl whose the musical prodigy is absolutely priceless. Seeing the family in hard times she sells her violin.

If I had to the pick the character I like the most it's Claudia. Still possessing that childlike innocence and not as selfish as her brothers and sisters. She's my favorite.