Party of Five

FOX (ended 2000)

Party of Five Fan Reviews (25)

• best show of the 90's

Party of Five is one of the best show I've ever seen during my teen years. This show tackles different kinds of problems that most people face in the reality. I love all the wonderful message in every episode. I admit, I'm one of the avid fan of Neve Campbell! She's a great actress and this show dominates during the 90's. I've been looking for a good copy of this show and saw it being sold at dvdbooth .com which produced a nice DVD boxset, what I received is a decent copy which has very good quality! I love to watch this show all over again the mixed of comedy and drama in its finest!
  • The best family drama of the 90's to watch!

I was a fan of the show for a long time, since the show began and ended for six seasons. I was thirteen and an eighth grader in junior high school, when the show started. I was nineteen and was out of high school, when the show ended. One of my favorite characters on the show is Julia. She is very sensitive. She has trouble getting over her parents' death. She has gone through a lot of changes like, looking after her younger sister, Claudia; taking care of her younger brother, Owen; helped her older brother, Bailey beat alcoholism, by staying sober. She has been in a good relationships with her boyfriends, and bad ones too. She was on and off with Justin after her friend, Libby commited suicide in the middle of season 3. She became involved with Griffin Holbrook, the older brother of Jill, who died of a drug overdose in the season 1 finale. Jill dated Bailey until her death. She married Griffin at 18 and then separated in season 5, after she ended the affair with her abusive boyfriend, Ned. In the shows' series finale, She started to work at NOW (National Organization for Women).
  • I must say I can't get enough of this show. Each one of them has such a unique way about them. I must say I would love to see it every day. You get hooked on their story.

The writers really put alot of heart in each one of the actors. They have made me laugh, cry, and even upset. the love they have is very touching. You feel like a part of their lives. trully a warming show. I watch the complete season 3 with 25 episotes. in 4 days. It was like reading a good book. You can't put it down. I believe if a show can move you, like movies from prior years. It must be rated number one in my book. Since I saw the whole season one, I looking forward to the next season. keep up the good work.
  • Party of Five - pure heart felt emotions - touched almost every possible emotion

This to me was such an extraordinary show because it showed 'real' life better than SO many 'real' life shows do these days. I was pregnant when this show was released here season 1, and now my child is 11 and i bought seasons 1 and 2 for her to watch, to learn from. Life can be so cruel but also so very wonderful and this show has it all. Take off the pollitically correct crap of today and put on some real honest pure fun. I know the show had alcoholism and smoking and drug overdose and sex etc ..but so does LIFE !
    Let's show our children some of the more wonderous shows of the past ... PLEASE someone get this show back on TV ! Seasons 1 through to 6 !
  • It's my favorite TV series of my childhood and then it was perfect for me. Now there are lots of dramas around which are very interesting but I dare not to compare Party of Five to them! It would be messing up with my precious memories from that times...

Party of Five is drama about a family which is specific as it consists of 5 siblings only, without their parents who were killed during the car accident. All the story begins a few months after fatal accident and they al have to pull themselves together and face a new everyday challenges which were unknown to them a few months before. The role of the father takes over the oldest of the new family, Charlie who is doing his best to keep them all together. From now on they have to help each other, count on each other and because of their very specific situation, they have to grow/man up faster than their peers.
  • A look at the younger Matthew Fox acting. Also a young Neve Campbell before Scream. The programme tackles teenage life dealing with their parents death.

well, what can i say, awesome show, good cast.
    In my opinion party of five is a classic because it has all the qualities a television programme has real issues that get the watchers to think about these issues that never get mentioned on how it effects the person(s) of who it is happening to. Also the aspect of teenage life is also a bonus, i feel this programme is a one off as it has involved love, death, disease and many more themes. The acting in party of five is not perfect but for a primetime show and its plot line makes up for the acting. I love this programme due to the nostalgia involved. Enjoy.
  • Love It!

I love Party Of Five, the first time i watched it i only watched it to see Matthew Fox because i'd seen him in Lost. But from the first episode i got really into it. Long story short, i'm addicted. I think it's a show for all ages because the 5 kids are from very different age groups which lets the show have an audience of different age groups. I love the show and will continue to watch it for a very long time.
  • I know it will never happen but it would be great to see the Salinger's back on the small screen. Today's reality TV world really makes me long for the days of Party of Five.

Recently bought the first 2 season on DVD (Please Sony release the other seasons!!!!) and it brought back all the old feelings from when the show was originally aired. I remember reading a review when Party of Five was first on and there was a quote that said "only TV this good can make you feel so bad" and in a way it is true it really helped me get through all the bad things going on in my life. I loved this show and is still great. If you have never seen the show go and get Seasons 1 & 2 on DVD and if you were a fan back in the day get the DVD and lets band together to get the other seasons released. It was the fans that kept this show alive and not cancelled after the first couple years. We need to get this show on DVD for people to enjoy for years to come.
  • All the characters are great on this show. I do have a favorite character on this show but I'm not sure which ones. It's either Charlie and Baily. Charlie does look like one of my ex boyfriend I had in high school and his name is Bruce.

Pary of Five is a little bit like Beverly HIlls 90210. This show has a lot of actions and dramas. I really love this show, it's my second favorite. All the episodes are great, I couldn't say which is my favorite episode. I can watch the reruns of this show.
  • A bit too dramatic, but the plot made up for it!

How long since it ended? Still can't remember! Seems like it was yesterday! Party of Five was the beggining for some stars to be! Who can forget Neve Campbell as Julia, before Scream made her big? And Matthew Fox before Lost was even a project, as the responsible (Can we say that?) older brother of 5 orfans... Lacey Chambert wasn't even 13 when the show started... In the days where young people watched something as frivolous as Beverly Hills 90210 and Melrose Place was really great to have a show filled with real issues and dramas to give them something to think about!
  • where was dhs?

someone tell me why the department of human services did not come in and take those little ones away? will all the drama in that house. if it took place in a trailer park you can bet they would have take those kids away. i actually really liked this show. it brought us some of the best actors of the day. and didn't little jennifer love hewitt turn out to be a super hottie. neve cambell turned out pretty hot too.
  • Party Of Five was seemingly the next installment in the days of 90210, Melrose Place, and the less successful Models Inc. But, Party Of Five was fresh, original, and debut'd big.

The Salinger family was perfectly cast. Matthew Fox, Neve Campbell, Scott Wolf, and Lacey Chabert were 4 amazing actors finally cast together to bring one of the best and most talented cast's of television together. The writing was brilliant, being both entertaining and realistic. The show was ready to take on the problems facing young Americans. Everything from Kirsten's depression and Sarah's adoption, to Julia's loss of innocense and questions of abortion.

Unfortunatly, the show seemed to follow in the patterns of both its predecesors and successors. With each season, they tried to go deeper, deeper, more dramatic, and more unrealistic. But, the show lives on as does it's brilliant ensemble.
  • Ok....I am an old fan of Party of Five and have been searching for the song used in a old episode of Party of Five ...

7.7
    Ok....I am an old fan of Party of Five and have been searching for the song used in a old episode of Party of Five ... it was the song used for the death scene of Shane. It was when Him and her were at the lookout and He died in her arms...if anyone can save my hair from anymore pulling out of frustration i would be greatly appreciative.
  • see how toft the world can bee. there is always a way out

you follow the brother og sisters and you can stop. you follow there updown and upture with them. see that the charlie is gogen tru, he is the one there try to keep them all togehter not as allways as easy like it look. but in the end doing a good job like peranst. but most like there brother. you come to folllow them so clise as you know them like your own family.
  • A family drama with Matthew Fox from "Lost" fame.

A pretty decent show on all counts. Really good acting but this is the type of show that everyone really needs to just watch for themselves to decide. Have you ever been watching a show and have somebody ask you a question that made you wonder if you were watching the same program? Well, this is one of those shows for me. It's like I'm thinking about it differently than other people. Then you have the people that say "It's not funny if you have to explain it." While that is true sometimes, it is also true that sometimes the viewer just "doesn't get it." I hate shows that have to "dumb things down" because of how some people perceive it. a lot of really good actors got their first big shot in this series.
  • I never watched this show when it was on, I was too little. But now thanks to DVD I was able to get into it! I love the characters and the stories they tell. Party of Five is one of those Classic shows like Dawson's Creek, Buffy, and Angel.

I remember buying the DVD having never seen the series before. I bought it because of Matthew Fox. I am a huge LOST fan and I wanted to see his earlier work. I fell in love with this show!! I get so into their drama, helps me forget about my own. Each character brings something different to the table, and they deal with everyday issues in a way a family should. I love the way they stick together, I wish I had a family like them! Charlie- played by Matthew Fox whose hair got better after the first season, is deffinately a womanizer, though after finding love with Kirsten he ends all that, until he loses her and goes back to his ways, Bailey- played by Scott Wolf is the more sensitive side of the family but gets himself into trouble, especially when hanging out with the Wrong crowd!
    Julia- Played by Neve Campbell is a confused teenaged Girl, going through typical girl things, and guys. And little sister Claudia- Played by a very young Lacey Chabert, she is the typical little sister, but amazing young violinist. And Chabert is an awesome actress at her age. I love this show, I've only seen 2 seasons of the 6, but I can't wait for more!
  • Awesome show that I truly miss...

This show was phenominal!!! I remember tuning in every Wed. just to see what the Salanger Family was up to. The name "Bailey" became the name I want to name my future son and I fell in "love" with Jennifer Love Hewitt ALL over again!! Love really made this show even better. She is HOTT!!! However, I feel this show would have been nothing had it not had Neve Campbell as Julia. She was awesome and basically made the Scream trilogy awesome. I don't know what else to say other than that this was one of my all time favorite shows.
  • Party of Five is about 5 siblings dealing with the sudden deaths of their parents in a car accident. The 20-year-old becomes defacto father and responsible for the family restaurant he never wanted anything to do with so that he can keep a roof over th

Party of Five was a classic family drama of 5 siblings trying to cope after the sudden loss of their parents. A very well-crafted show, but it suffered at times from being too dark. What kept me watching was the originality of the premise, the well-written scripts, and a breathtakingly awesome cast. An episode that stands out in my mind is the one where an intervention is staged to get Bailey to deal with his alcoholism. While everyone did an amazing job, it was Lacey Chabert's character Claudia whose performance blew me away. I don't know how old she was at the time, but Lacey looked about 10 or 11 and she absolutely broke my heart pleading with her brother to get help.

As the show progressed, each character evolved in a way that added so many layers to the show. I would love to see more from the producers Keyser & Lippman.
    It's also nice to see that all the major cast members
    are successful in new shows and/or movies.

• Miss it! Bring it back,can't wait to begin to get the 2nd season on dvd.

Maybe if were lucky,maybe just maybe they will have a reunion episode one day.I didn't get to see the last episode and I'm highly P.O.'d .It really sux's to of watched this show for that amount of time and to of miss the last episode.I wish some network would air the reruns.
  • Rent this DVD

This show was amazing. The actors were great and so was the whole series. Everyone who has not seen this series should go out and rent the first DVD. It is an original story where these kids have to help each other grow up and sacrafice part of there childhood for their family.
  • Worth the time

Party of five about a man taking care of his 2 brothers and 2 sisters because his family died was a very interesting story and something that happens in todays world all the time. It was a heartfelt show and great to watch in time. I think it had a good 6 yr run and good thing they didn't push it too long. It went out still known as a good show unlike alot of them.
  • The trials and tribulations of a the Salinger clan once their parents are killed in a car accident, leaving their five children to deal with the family restaurant.

This series started out strong and really could have become one of the better shows on tv except for one thing: aside from Lacey Chabert and Jennifer Love Hewitt, the characters all became whining little brats with oldest brother Charley among the worst of the bunch. Lacey could run circles around the rest of the group when it came to acting. Matthew Fox and Naeve Campbell couldn't act their way out of a wet paper bag if they had to. Lacey, on the other hand, consistently brought tears to my eyes, especially in the scene she shared with Fox in which he's yelling at her for something she'd said to his ex-girlfriend. She turns around, scared that her brother will hate her for the rest of her life, and you just have to melt. The girl was incredibly talented, and unfortunately her talents were wasted in that cast. She should have gotten a show of her own instead.
    The best story of the whole series was Bailey's alcoholism. Here again, Lacey showed talent beyond her years, and this was possibly Ms. Hewitt's finest times on the show as well. They were missed when the show went off the air. Unfortunately, I can't say the same for the rest of the cast.
  • Great cast! Great show!

This was an excellent show. It had a great young cast and excellent writing. This was a family you wanted to see make it. Charlie, not really sure where his life was going suddenly finds himself as guardian for his younger siblings. His brother Bailey in the beginning seems to be more mature then him, but through the show he grows. They handled many difficult topics, alcoholism, teen pregnancy, dealing with their parents accident by a drunk driver etc.
    Over the years we grew to love this family and in a way feel like they were a part of ours. I know I always looked forward to watching it.
  • A story of when kids lose both their parents.

When mom and dad Salinger die in a car accident, their 5 children have to take care of each other.
    The strength of this series was the fact that the five siblings were five different characters of different age groups. They each had their specific problems which made Party Of Five very diverse. This series also tackled some serious issues like alcoholism and cancer. But in struggling with life Charlie, Bailey, Claudia, Julia and Owen could always count on each other.
    I was very sad when this series ended.
  • A show that tackled the struggle of life

A show that tackled the struggle of life and the struggle of a family growing up without parents. This was not a goodie goodie show. It showed the conflicts of siblings trying to make it on their own. Each family member with different personalities and different views all coming together when it was needed. Not always putting family first in their daily lives but there for each other when needed. It shows the importance of family and the struggle between brothers and sisters. It was a show that you couldn't wait till the next week to see what was going to happen.