Party of Five

FOX (ended 2000)

Party of Five Fan Reviews (25)

• Party of Five is about 5 siblings dealing with the sudden deaths of their parents in a car accident. The 20-year-old becomes defacto father and responsible for the family restaurant he never wanted anything to do with so that he can keep a roof over th

Party of Five was a classic family drama of 5 siblings trying to cope after the sudden loss of their parents. A very well-crafted show, but it suffered at times from being too dark. What kept me watching was the originality of the premise, the well-written scripts, and a breathtakingly awesome cast. An episode that stands out in my mind is the one where an intervention is staged to get Bailey to deal with his alcoholism. While everyone did an amazing job, it was Lacey Chabert's character Claudia whose performance blew me away. I don't know how old she was at the time, but Lacey looked about 10 or 11 and she absolutely broke my heart pleading with her brother to get help.

As the show progressed, each character evolved in a way that added so many layers to the show. I would love to see more from the producers Keyser & Lippman.
    It's also nice to see that all the major cast members
    are successful in new shows and/or movies.