TV.com will be making changes to the Private Message system the week of Jan 26, 2015. For more information click here

Past Life Forums

FOX (ended 2010)

Pilot Official Discussion (Spoilers)

OnePerCentClub

[1]Feb 8, 2010
    • level: 35

Please discuss here the first episode of this new series, airing February 9th.

Do not discuss other episodes here.

Enjoy!

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Yaspaa

[2]Feb 10, 2010
    • level: 79
    Well my first high profile show as editor and I haven't even watched it yet. Watching tonight.

trishuhhh

[3]Feb 10, 2010
    • level: 13
    i enjoyed it

also i feel it's appropriate it's taking over Fringe's time slot, i feel Fringe fans will enjoy it too :]

trishuhhh

[4]Feb 10, 2010
    Yaspaa wrote:
    Well my first high profile show as editor and I haven't even watched it yet. Watching tonight.

tell me youre the moderator who said "Bazinga!" on my submission hahah

Yaspaa

[5]Feb 10, 2010
    The underlying problem with this show is the fact that it deals with past lives and treats itself seriously. If like me you feel that having past lives is a load of poo, it may detract from enjoying the show, I'll see how it goes. Other than that the usual psychology, forensics and a bit of mystery. Bazinga
    Edited on 02/10/2010 10:18am

sasilik

[6]Feb 10, 2010
    • level: 8
    I have only one word to describe it - Boring. We have bunch of people doing some detective work ,we have some mystery and all that isn't even very interesting. Castle and Beckett, Pete and Myka, Gene and Alex Drake, Olivia and Peter, and so on are doing much better these kind of things. Which started my wondering if there is some standard that there must always be woman/man pair in these kind of shows in these days.

Yaspaa

[7]Feb 11, 2010
    sasilik wrote:
    I have only one word to describe it - Boring. We have bunch of people doing some detective work ,we have some mystery and all that isn't even very interesting. Castle and Beckett, Pete and Myka, Gene and Alex Drake, Olivia and Peter, and so on are doing much better these kind of things. Which started my wondering if there is some standard that there must always be woman/man pair in these kind of shows in these days.

Men like looking at women and women like looking at men, if you have one of each you're keeping most people happy. I'm not making judgements just yet. Fringe has gotten better and better, this may as well.

trishuhhh

[8]Feb 11, 2010
    this will never replace Fringe, but hopefully can hold me over until it returns :]

tamster721

[9]Feb 11, 2010
    • level: 1
    Just wondering if anyone knows what song was playing during the last scene of the pilot episode for Past Life. Thanks for your time!

Pink90210

[10]Feb 11, 2010
    • level: 7
    tamster721 wrote:
    Just wondering if anyone knows what song was playing during the last scene of the pilot episode for Past Life. Thanks for your time!

42 by coldplay, it's an amazing song and an excellent choice for this particular theme.
    Edited on 02/11/2010 2:24pm

trishuhhh

[11]Feb 12, 2010
    looooove Coldplay :]

RediNNevada

[12]Feb 12, 2010
    • level: 2

I like the premise of the show, but am finding the whole idea of solving a past life regression problem in the manner this show does a little too simplified to enjoy completely. I have to suspend my intelligence in order to watch the show. Not because I'm a non-believer. Because I AM a believer in reincarnation and past life memories.

And now that I see yaspaa is an editor and he considers it "poo", I'm thinking that the disbelief of some of it's creators is WHY it's being so simplified. And therefore not as appealing to true believers who know a bit about the subject matter.

Yaspaa

[13]Feb 13, 2010
    Yeah, I'm not a believer but my sister is and she loves the show. They may add more complexity as it goes on, and it looks as though there will be a new person each week regressing, which is something new and opens the door for possible guest stars in possible multiple episode story arcs (if the network allows that). So the show does have potential and doesn't deserve the 6.7 rating. Fringe handles ambiguous topics but manages to get away with it.

netgoddess

[14]Feb 16, 2010
    • level: 10
    Well I remember two of my past lives in detail and am a strong believer in reincarnation. This show still requires suspension of disbelief as the story is a bit too convenient. But I thought the leads have good chemistry and the story was well-written so I'm willing to give it a go. It is nice finally to have some show about past lives / reincarnation because I often feel like I'm the only person who believes in this stuff. I also really enjoy shows like Medium even though I really don't buy into the whole "talking to dead people" thing.

Still as far as real vs. fantasy it is a bit of a stretch for a "past life investigator" organization to exist, but I suppose it is no worse than other shows like Lie To Me.

haldrey

[15]Feb 20, 2010
    • level: 22
    The pilot left me flat, not very impressed. Gone to give it a couple more episodes but I see no future.

RediNNevada

[16]Feb 24, 2010
    • level: 2
    Well, I'm sad to see it canceled because I appreciated the fact that there was a show about having a past life on at ALL. It shows that the subject matter is becoming a little more mainstream, which is beneficial over-all. Just as with the ghost shows (Ghost Whisperer, Medium, Paranormal State, etc) by exposing the subject matter to a wider audience, it's helping to enlighten people who care to watch. However, I can see why it got canceled. It just skipped too many important areas that's known about reincarnation nor cohesive enough in it's storyline for those of us who are true believers... and we're the root audience for subjects like this. If we can't swallow it, then those who know nothing about past lives or worse, those who are real skeptics, surely won't watch it.

earthfaery2

[17]Mar 5, 2010
    • level: 1

WHAT IS WRONG WITH TV EXECUTIVES. THEY FINALLY PUT ON A ENJOYABLE SHOW LIKE PAST LIFE AND AFTER THREE EPISODES CANCEL IT. MY ENTIRE FAMILY LOOKED FORWARD TO WATCHING IT. BUT APPARENTLY WE ARE GETTING STUCK WITH THE REALITY SHOWS WHICH I THINK THERE ARE WAY TO MANY OF.I ENJOY WATCHING SHOWS THAT FOCUS ON THE SUPPER NATURAL AND I AM VERY UPSET TO SEE THAT PAST LIFE DOESENT EVEN GET A CHANCE TO SHINE LIKE MEDUIM AND GHOST WHISPER.I GUESS THE EXECUTIVES THINK WE WANT TO WATCH WHAT THEY WATCH MAYBE THEY NEED TO START ASKING WHAT THE GENERAL PUBLIC WANTS ON THERE T.V.'S.........