Pawn Stars Forums

Thursday 10:00 PM on The History ChannelIn Season

If History Channel Cancels this show after season three I will................

NWAMan88

[1]Apr 11, 2010
    • level: 5

Most Major TV Networks cancel shows after there second-third season. As for The History Channel They don't have that many TV Series going on...They have Axe Men, Monster Quest, and American Pickers next to pawn stars......One show that they do have that is still going strong and thorough out the Channel being on the air will remain strong (Modern Marvels). If the History Channel takes pawn stars off the air they Will be doing a horrible mistake because its like a modern version of Antiques roadshow and it gives you a little history of the item and shows the item being sold or taken into action which the Antiques roadshow lacks. So Please History Channel Keep this show strong and let it live on.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

D-LinkUK

[2]May 5, 2010
    • level: 24

I love this show and agree that the History channel should keep this going, 1000's upon 1000's of items must be brought into Rick's shop each week so it's not like they don't have material to film, plus with the show becoming more and more popular lot's more people will visit to sell.

Puffle_Huff

[3]Jul 31, 2010
    • level: 4
    I'd be upset lol

MajLorne

[4]Sep 9, 2010
    • level: 21
    With stuff like Ice Road truckers, swamp men, ax men, and American pickers... I have no hope for this network. imo*

But Pawn Stars is awesome! That with Modern Marvels are the only reasons i watch this channel. As long as there are ppl out there willing to sell or pawn their stuff, I am hopeful that this show stays on the air. Lol, everyone hates Chumlee.

alirk

[5]Jan 26, 2011
    • level: 22

MajLorne wrote:
    everyone hates Chumlee.

Not me! I think he's kinda funny

MajLorne

[6]Feb 26, 2011
    I meant Cory, Rick and the old man Plus Chum is hilarous when he's the source of the jokes like the recent one with Cory putting his keys in that crane machine.

I do like how he's been doing some deals too even if the amounts are under $100.

SarahLandgraff0

[7]Apr 8, 2011
    • level: 7

I love this site for keeping up on all the latest shows. But there have been 4 new episodes since the last time this was updated!! what's up with that??!?

Vasili1987

[8]Jul 9, 2011
    • level: 8

New episode soon according to their official site

http://www.history.com/shows/pawn-stars/episodes/#slide-1

MajLorne

[9]Jul 12, 2011
    I don't feel like starting a new thread, so I'll comment about last night's ep here.

that was a nice 3 show crossover. Sure each show had their own individual segments besides the main item, but I loved how nearly seemless the transition from show to show was. I think Rick Harrison was overreacting about seeing the car parts at Danny's place. With both Rick Dale and the Count there, that car is in great hands. Rick H, just needed more faith in the guys. I also wonder if the final price was still $70k? Rushing the job and more labor had to have bumped that up by a bit.

Loved seeing how the Old Man was truly touched by that gift and lol, i figured he wasn't gonna retire. that's typical of him.

So while Pickers isn't my favorite show, I liked how they were involved and finally showed up on American restoration.

tntdwnldr

[10]Aug 18, 2011
    • level: 11
    i will think that if its cancelled im sure its not just because of history channel... i mean the pawn shop looses lots of money when someone comes to the shop tries to sell something but just because of fact that its a history channel, then the lets bring an expert thing comes up and alot of times rick has to pay more after the appraisal when he couldve just buy it straight up. perhaps, people think that its all the way around that the lets bring an expert helps the shop, but after 115 episodes and worked at a pawn shop i know that rick has knowledge enough to decide when he should buy something or not.. plus pawn shops are all about the makin $$$ not the history or whats behind. honestly at first i hated this show its made me feel like i was watching a comedy show specially cuz of the gooffy n dumb chumly n big huss.. but now im like whatever. hope they keep it on air.. thou.. i mean honestly this is a show that u can record for life.. theres always things coming up!! so my guess is they loosing ratings.

rjones61755

[11]Aug 29, 2011
    • level: 3

TV is all about ratings. Pawn Stars is their highest rated show on History Channel so its not going anywhere any time soon!

As far as losing money from the appraisals I highly doubt it. The experts are getting free advertising for their limited niche markets on a popular nationally broadcast tv show. They probably don't even charge for the appraisals since they get to plug their business for free on the show. These small collector businesses couldn't dream of getting that type of exposure any other way.

I live in Vegas and I'm going to go get a George Lucas autograph of mine authenticated at authentic autographs unlimited. I would have never done it had I not seen them on the show.

MajLorne

[12]Apr 10, 2012
    Exactly. Anytime Rick brings someone in to give an appraisal, the person is getting free advertising*. And then you have all the merchandising stuff and possible ad revenue History is likely paying them. I think they are doing just fine.

*Rick Dale the restoration guy got his own show since they showed him restoring things for them.

pawngirl666

[13]Jun 28, 2012
    • level: 1

I love that the structure of this show means that you never know what types of people will walk into the shop and/or what they will bring. There is always room to be surprised. And if one item doesn't really interest you or if one of the storylines is boring, there are always the other items in the show and the other characters. It really has something for just about any interest!