Pawn Stars

Wednesday 10:00 PM on The History Channel Premiered Jul 17, 2009 In Season

lordbowler

Pawn Stars Fan Reviews (83)

7.6
  • Get Rid Of Chumlee!!!

I still like watching Pawn Stars - primarily to see the interesting items people bring in, but I am getting sick of Chumley. He was funny at the start, but has turned into a rude, ignorant, obnoxious, lazy bum who does nothing but try to avoid as much work as he can. He has no respect for his bosses, and wants everything to be done his way. Nobody who behaves like this in the real world would last more than a couple of days at most. I can't fathom why Rick puts up with his crap without doing something about it.

There are likely a large number of young people who watch the show that think he is funny and that is how one behaves at work.

If I had kids, I wouldn't let them watch it, and if he gets more obnoxious I will quit watching the show.

Note for those wondering why they never see the stars in the store. In Las Vegas, there are privacy laws becsuse of the casinos. (People don't want to be photographed gambling). These laws prevent any of the stars from working out front in their own store. If they do appear, everyone pull out their cameras and start taking pictures

• It's a TV show

I know it's TV; intended for entertainment; but is Chumley really as stupid as he appears? Is Cory as big of a p jerk, as he looks like. If he can't make a sale we see a wide, grand gesture to shake hands and he lowers his head and turns to walk off. What an ass. Surely this show can't be real. If they were trying to run a business, those 2 f screwups would have been fired a long time ago. So much for reality TV.
  • A once great show...

I admire History channel for re-focusing the new episodes (late 2015 and 2016) back on the items.

Chum and Corey have completely ruined the show for me. Or rather, the WRITERS for Chum and Corey have ruined the show. No one cares about these two clowns. Get them their own show if that's what the producers want, but please remove them as the main focus of the show. Get back to Rick and the customers and the guests.

The legacy of the show was becoming spoiled rotten Corey and the bumbling, barely understandable, Chumlee with toilet paper stuck to his shoes. UNWATCHABLE!
  • Please get rid of chumlee

2.5
    The show is great, except when you get to the predictable and lame bits with chumlee. I Hanne to far forward part these bits or I go crazy.
  • It's the consultants they bring in that are the true teachers on this show.

Ok, after a lot of hesitation, I have come to the conclusion that yes, Chumlee is not someone I want the kids watching. I used to really like this show, but the public is too sophisticated to pass this repeated storyline off over and over again. It is boring and would prefer to watch CNN or something else that stimulates my brain when the antics begin on this show -- at least with CNN I get some info that I can feel somewhat inspired about, save the repeated stories they do when there are breaking stories. Regardless, the folks on Pawn Stars do need to clean up and while they have done a great job losing weight, that should not be anyone's concern -- what someone looks like -- what is a concern is that the depth of info that Rick brings to the show is great and wish the younger characters would take the same approach in regards to the knowledge base that comes with each item they present. I do not agree that they should be evaluating each item as suggested in this forum; our society has set us up with a bunch of specialists in their fields -- hence, MBA's versus MA's as a college degree. We hire specialists because generalists do not always know specifics that go as deep and you can't really have it both ways. Generalists tend to work with the specialists when vetting a subject and that is just a fact of life and anyone who thinks generalists should be the only voice on a subject is missing potential. The purpose of Pawn Stars was, in the beginning, a show about the potential value if an item and the background and history behind it.. why would we expect a pawn company to have a final say on anything anyway? Hence, it's the consultants they bring in that are the true teachers on this show.
  • great show

Love it so much, my grandpa and I watch it a lot, I'd like to go visit them one of these days, it's one of my dreams too. I believe they all do a really good job
  • This show is a RIPOFF

This show is so lame and if you want any kind of ratings.. FIRE.. CHUM ... And stop with the garbage... :)
  • chum lee

Chum Lee should get fired he used to be funny now just a slacker I've stopped watching because of his rudeness
  • Do your homework

We got ripped off big time! We bought two items from there totaling $135. When we looked up the value later, the items we purchased only cost around $18. The guy who sold us the items, straight up lied to our faces. It's our fault for not looking up the value before purchasing. We never should have trusted the guy. We don't want anyone else to get ripped off, so that's why we just want to remind everyone to check the value first before buying anything from them.
  • All of these so called "REALITY" Shows have either kept or added characters that do nothing but take away from their shows.

All of these so called "REALITY" Shows have either kept or added characters that do nothing but take away from the appeal o f the shows. Danielle on The Picker show is their version of ChumLee. Rick's Restoration has his son, step-son and new wife as their resident village shows all just waste time trying to be "funny" instead of being informative. Now they are neither. They are nothing but nepotistic failures that I no longer enjoy watching. As soon as one of these annoying cast members comes on screen; I head on over to the velocity the all girls garage is on. Then I just bang my head against the wall and go to youtube to watch some stand up comedy clips.
  • lose Chumlee

The item information is great, but I really can't stand Chumlee. The disrespect he shows is unbelievable. For whatever reason you deem to keep him on the show, is not good enough for me to keep watching. I will come back when he leaves and Corey washes his hair.
  • pretty good

I like all of them. Chumlee,Corey,Rick,the old man. All of them are pretty good
  • CHUMLEE RUINS SHOW

I love Rick, the Old Man and even Corey, but Chumlee could actually make me stop watching the show!

I don't see how Rick keeps from busting him right in the nose! Seriously I get so worked up at his audacity that I have to either change the channel or get up and walk away. He contributes absolutely nothing to the show and although our children and grandchildren could learn actual history here, it is not worth the horrible things that they could learn from Chum. PLEASE GET RID OF HIM!!!!!
  • Please fire Chum

I like the show, but cannot stand this guy. He is rude, disgusting, un-educated, a total spoiled slob. Its like i can smell him through the TV .
  • chumlee should be used for chumm

chum and cory are rude the don't have respect for the customers always saying hey DUDE instead of sir or mamm. I love the show and luv rick and the history they provide. Rick is mostly fair unlike the other 3.
  • LET'S FIRE CHUM LEE

1.5
    I think it's a shame that anyone would keep an employee as rude, lazy and slovenly in appearance as Chum. He has to be detrimental to the business. I agree with several others, the show has definitely lost a lot of appeal.
  • chum sux

I used to love this show. Now, catered to the simpletons who think chum and his antics arent scripted, the show has lost appeal. Too bad that one character ruins the show entirely.
  • So Rude

Let me say, I like the Old Man and ChumLee, only because they make me laugh even though the Old Man can be rude at times. Now Corey, this is a different story, he thinks he knows it all, he can be rude (Most of the time) he thinks he is a gift to women, HaHaHa and I just can not stand him. Now Rick, I will give him credit, he is smart, that is if the show is not a fake and setup. He is also so Rude. I think the show would be alot better without Corey and Rick. I would not sale anything to that Pawn Shop, Now I would shop there and maybe purchase something, but it would have to be something I want really bad and can not find somewhere else cheaper. Now I just want to say, starting at this exact moment, I will change the channel when the show comes on. I Love the History channel, I watch it all day, except when Pawn Stars come on. I know some of the shoppers and people selling stuff can be rude too, buta place of business needs to bite thier lip. Also, Corey should show more respect for his Dad and GrandFather, I would never talk this way to my elders and to do it on television, thats is so disrespective. Anyway this is my opinon only, I know some people will not agree with me, but thats ok. Goodbye Pawn would rather watch nothing...
  • Pawn Shop wanting to buy valuable HISTORY for pennies

I am tired of this show. I cant believe a pawn shop runs the History . This show is trying to make these lazy men look as if they are the envy of the world... they hire other professional appraisers to do their job. they are an embarement to our country and the true working man. They never have a sense of integrity or common sense. GO PAWN STARS .,.... you have ruined my opinion of the HISTORY CHANNEL! Looking every now and then to see if History channel is showing TRUE history... nope .. just men trying to buy history at a bargain... not SO... WE need a true HISTORY channel...
  • chumless is best

Chum is a rude, obnoxious, lazy, disrespectable, disgusting moron with no personality. Any hard working employee who talked to his bosses the way he does and ignores all rules and orders would and should be fired on the spot. His dumb act is too overboard. I also agree with others, he and Cory need to take care of their hair. Chum's always looks dirty and that "pony turd in the back of Cory's head looks stupid. Instead of more tattoos spend some of the money you don't deserve from work to get your hair washed and cut. Get rid of Chumlee or at the very least dock his pay and send him home until he learns some manners and respect. Love all the interesting background info on the items brought in.
  • Losing me !!!

1.5
    Had to add more !! Unbelievable !

I have come to the conclusion that not only does the cast never checks to see what these reviews have to say about them, they must never view the shows at all just to see what they look like on TV !!... They are missing out on all the sloppiness and idiotic talk of Chump-Dip S***, but the show I just tuned in on, has Cory with his current haircut/do and beard makes him look like a member fresh off of one of the "Planet of the Apes !" shows !! I am not joking, serious as I can be!!!!....

Please, Dude !!! Do yourself a favor and get yourself a mirror!!!!!!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I wanted to make another review, and couldn't start a new one, so I'll just add to this one. After a few more shows I finally concluded that this show is not a reality show at all....... This idiotic lazy character they named chumlee is not possible to be real !! In real life they would not hesitate for a instance to fire him with no chance of getting the job back and have police escort him from the property if necessary !

The writers really need to think how unnatural they are making Corey(mouthy smart azz) and Chum(completely stupid) come off ! Turn them into normal characters !!

----------------------------------------------------

I want the old show back. This scripted pretend show has to change back !! If they must have chumwhatever on, quit with all the idiotic comments !! If the show was real and they felt they were obligated someway, they should pay him to stay away from the shop and someone should point out the purpose of shampoo to him !!!... On the other hand, if he ever lost his job, he should be able to hire in at a circus easily !.. I am sorry about being such a grouch, but guys, if it needs to be scripted, maybe some new writers might help !!.. I want my old favorite Pawn Stars back.
  • Tired of the Chumlee schtick

Enjoy the "history" on the items, but am really getting tired of the storylines they set up for Chumlee. Is he really that popular. If so, then I'm losing faith in the world. He's not even mildly amusing anymore.
  • If only Chumlee was GONE

I loved this show - used to watch it ALL the time. Now I have to turn it off because Chumlee is SO disgusting and obnoxious I just can't stand to watch it. I have looked at the reviews and everyone seems to agree with me - WHY don't they get rid of that rude slob and let us enjoy the show again - don't they listen to their fans???? We want Chumlee GONE
  • still a slob

even with his weight loss and new teeth chumley still acts and looks like a slob. he's a stooge, a fake disgusting looking slob. can't stand his constant appearance on every other frame of film. he gets paid fifteen thousand a episode and he annoys most viewers. if people do like this character they would also believe wrestling is real. give the viewer some credit.
  • Chumlee: a good argument for retroactive birth control !!!

I used to love the show when It first came on air. I watched it strictly because I'm somewhat of a geek and like learning about unusual things. I know all reality television is scripted to some degree so that doesn't even bother me. I don't feel the least bit sorry for people who come into a pawn shop. They are adults and by the time you understand how a pawn shop operates, you should know that they have to at least double their money to stay in business. I am sick of having the show gravitating towards the employees instead of the real star, the merchandise. A lot of things irritate me. I get irritated reading posts where people have no grasp of the English language. They use all capital letters and no punctuation. We make enough errors when we try and post properly. Rick has gotten to the point where he is almost too much to take. He laughs at his own jokes, all of them. The false emotion he shows when supposedly exasperated by Chum is nauseating. The long breath, gritting of teeth, etc. Corey recently went on a biker ride and almost got thrown in jail in Jefferson City, Missouri for taking a whiz on a bar. Chumlee gives a bad name to every hard working person that struggles to put food on the table. In the real world, he would've been fired long ago, for any number of reasons. I can't even name them all. I am not a fan of body art, but i could deal with that if he and Corey would just wash their hair. I went on Celebrity Net Worth and saw where Chumlee is worth $8,000,000 dollars. I am college educated and worked hard my entire life and will not see that kind of money except at a bank. Seriously, I think the show has jumped the shark. It is too broken to fix. I look at Chumlee and know that there are a large number of people that think he is special. Attitudes like he portrays have helped ruin our country. He shows the arrogance of someone who thinks the world owes him a living. I am through watching it, because it wouldn't be fair to trash it and then watch. Pawnography is worse. It shows the arrogance of all three, along with Christopher Titus. The production values are so bad that you can tell it is basically done on a webcam. If you look closely and have a good tv, you can tell that the video is computer generated. I would love to see a show similar to this. Maybe someone can produce a show that is a cross between Antiques Roadshow and Pawn Stars.
  • Interesting and dull at the same time

I like to see the items that come into the shop but I hate how greedy they can get and how they take advantage of people. But it is a pawn shop and they make their money off of desperate people. What relation is Chumley What a load. He wouldn't last a week in any other job.
  • Just watch it to see interesting items, hear the history and value

Basically I only see the program to learn about various items.

The pawn shop itself, the negotiation and the people are not interesting.

I only listen to Rick when he tell facts, the time he negotiate prices is boring.

The old man playing card games - cut it.

And I could live without Corey and Russell (Chumlee). It is particular painful to see Russell when he ask stupid questions all the time.

Rate 6: for interesting in things - absolutely no interesting interactions between people behind desk or with customers.
  • Chumlee: Take a hike.

Loved this show at the outset. For some time now, however, the relationship between Rick and Chumlee is downright irritating. NO one would put up with this guy, so why write his lines like they are? 'Ol Chum has long lost his appeal and reason to exist on this show. I am watching it less and ALWAYS fast-forwarding when Chumlee appears. If, from other reviews I have read, Chumlee continues as he is portrayed, good-bye to this show.
  • Fire Chumlee

3.5
    His uniqueness, his value to the show has worn extremely thin. I'm already fast forwarding thru any parts where he is in the show. He needs to be fired, he can try to find another job where his lazy, disrespectful attitude works, good luck with that.
  • Chums mouth

Rick needs to put chums smart mouth and disrespectful ass in his place. If any of my son's friends would talk to me like that they'd pick their ass up off the floor. I think I may just stop watching this show cause if Rick never stands up to this kid it has to be all fake.
< 1 2 3