Pawn Stars

Thursday 10:00 PM on The History Channel Premiered Jul 17, 2009 In Season

lordbowler

Pawn Stars Fan Reviews (35)

• Grow up Cory

Cory needs a wake up sarcastic, punk attitude towards the customers is a rides the coattails of his father and him work at Taco Bell, where most kids work at his age, and clean he will appreciate his position and customers them, you wouldn't be around, for Chumlee, who couldn't love is real, kind and he doesn't have a 4.0. But, I would rather see him get a raise, than Cory continue to ride on the coattails of success his family has created. GROW UP YOU WILL HAVE THE BUSINESS AND NO ONE WILL SUPPORT YOU.

• chumlee

4.5
    chumlee ,is he really that stupid and disrespectful my friend s and family agree if he doesnt shape up we are not going to support your show, i know we are only a few but this is how it starts, chum needs to stop being a ass and start repecting you and your father ,you both are his employers
  • chumley

I have never wrote a review before but I was watching an episode of pawn stars the other day and Chumley was eating with his mouth open and food all over his face, Was this suppose to be entertaining or is he really that big a slob?
  • ARE YOU KIDDING? WHY DON'T YOU FIRE NEVER WORKS COMPLAINS

I FIND IT TO BE CHUMLEY WOULD BE FIRED A LONG TIME IS ANNOYING AND ROBS THE SERIES OF ANY NO ONE WOULD PUT UP WITH HIS JUST PLAIN LAZUY! AND OF OLD GOING TO HAVE A HEART ATTACK ON THAT DOES NOTHING BUT WHO WANTS TO BE AROUND SOMEONE WHO HATES IS MISERABLE TO I TURN THE CHANNEL BECAUSE OF THE "OLD MAN" AND BECAUSE I CANNOT STAND HAS NEVER HAD IT SO GOOD ANYWHERE
  • The Pawn Guys!

This show is entertaining, funny and we see items sometimes that are a part of the history of the world and hear about items that we've never seen interesting.

For those who would rather put it down, turn the channel. Obviously, you're watching!!

Way to go, Pawn Guys!, we enjoy watching!
  • Annoying show

I wonder which genius at history channel took a descent show and ruined it by trying to take these guys And making them into bad I wanna laugh I'll watch a use to watch history channel when I wanted to watch something no long tune in to pawn history channel for ruining another yourself a favor and fire that so called
  • Like House Hunters

Has a lot of intresting and historical moments but it does get a little repetative after you watch it a while. Still, it was intreting to watch.
  • History plus cash in my pocket

I have written to The History Channel and complained that they have become like True TV, TLC and Discovery with all the garbage they have been showing under the guise of "History Made Every Day". OMG what a sell out. Ice Road Truckers, Ax Men, Swamp People, Shelby, Mountain Men. Top Shot. American Daredevils. These are contest shows, NOT History! I was hesitant about Pawn Stars and American Pickers, but I learn something every single episode about History and even have found things in my home I had taken for granted that have value. I was giving up on The History Channel until these two shows came along, combined with some other History series of late. Get rid of the contest shows and get back to History.
  • It's a TV show

I know it's TV; intended for entertainment; but is Chumley really as stupid as he appears? Is Cory as big of a p jerk, as he looks like. If he can't make a sale we see a wide, grand gesture to shake hands and he lowers his head and turns to walk off. What an ass. Surely this show can't be real. If they were trying to run a business, those 2 f screwups would have been fired a long time ago. So much for reality TV.
  • Intresting Facts

It`s really good but the problem is that he might call in a friend even though he hates the item. But I really love when they do put the history in the show. I don`t care about the characters I could care less. I watch it for the history and becuase the idea of it being a real pawn shop is really cool.
  • The Beatles

An episode shows Cory buying a poster from The Beatles last official performance at Candlestick Park. He briefly gives a run-down on The Beatles' career in which he says they split up because people were getting tired of them. Rick, nothing could be further from the truth. If The Beatles had continued to release albums, they would have been #1 with hit singles taken from the LPs. The Beatles split up before the release of "Let It It had three #1 hits on it: Get Back, The Long and Winding Road, and Let It Be. Each of the Beatles, including Ringo, had major hits after they split. The Beatles split because of infighting between the band members. You might explain to Cory that they've made over a billion sales, they were the top selling act of the 1960s, '70s, '80s, '90s, the first decade of the 21st Century, and so far, the top sellers of this decade. When The Beatles released their CD box set on 09/09/2009, the average price being $250, within seven months they sold over seventeen million sets. Multiply seventeen million times the sixteen discs in the box set and that's how many CDs they sold in a seven month period. New generations of kids are growing up with The Beatles and have a lifelong respect and admiration for their music. Incidentally, they released a box set of all of their UK vinyl releases that sells for about $300. Anyway, for six decades they have been the top money makers in the music business. Much of Michael Jackson's income from the '80s came after he bought the rights to The Beatles' catalogue. Rick, you need to set Cory straight. People never got tired of The Beatles. I collect vinyl and right now there's a huge market for it. You would do well to have a vinyl section in your shop. If you sell mint or near mint LPs, as well as unopened vinyl reissues, you would make a lot of money. In closing, I really enjoy your show because of the many historical items that go through your shop. Thanks! Christopher
  • Think about this show is

I like it, but it isn't history
  • Bas TV has never been so popular..

this show is probably the worst. I think people generally pawn stuff when they are hard up for a buck so it is sad to see the makers of this show deciding to go for that aspect of things in life for their TV show. From time to time people just want to sell something btu these guys -like all people in this business-never give a good price and 99 percent of all sales are final with no buy back-which I think is nothing great.
  • 6 seasons?

I know I'm the minority, hell ... I just came here to read some reviews are find out WHY people like this show. I'm still confused, and don't get it. Better than Dance Moms, but what isn't??
  • Pawn stars review

It is a very entertaining show but one has to keep several things in mind. First, I have been there six times and never seen any of the characters there at Gold and Silver Pawn. Second, if they do own it then they sure do not need the money they make from it. For example, chumlee gets $20,000 per show so why even bother working at a pawn shop? If you visit the shop, there is always a line of waiting to get in. Once inside you wont recognize anything, and wont see much of anything except pawn star bubble heads and t-shirts and tourist stuff. There must be another shop where filming and all the store stuff is at. They dont really buy all that stuff that is shown on tv unless they are buying it for personal use or for someone else. I went in once with a stamp collection and the guys that were working laughed me out of there. Its television at its most entertaining which means everything they say or do is scripted for entertainment. Thats Hollywood.
  • for the guys

great show guys.
  • My Two-Cents

This an outstanding show for learning the hostory of so many items. However, if anyone believes that hese monkeys have as much knowledge as they seem to have on the show, think again. First, I'm not so s ure that they even own the shop. Too many Why does Chumley go out to look at items and the other employees are left behind? Why does Chumley have a job there because of all of the whining and insults to the supposed owners? Why does Chumley get a "free" motorcycle for his birthday? Why? Whay? Why? Too many more to list.

Not that anyone cares, but here is my take on the shown's clowns, I mean

guy, probably fairly knowledgeable, but wh knows?

The Old Man... Lazy, probably because he's old, wants his customers to just give him their items that they brought int the shop.

Cirey.... Fat, lazy and a spoled brat. I can't stop laughing when he speaks about how he works he in the shop.

Chumley.... A likeable guy, but also fat and lazy and dumber than dirt. If this wasn't a scripted show, he wouldn't be able to talk in complete sentences. Thank God for teleprompters, right Obama?

Overall, I watch it because of the items that the customers bring in to sell, not to watch these guys screw their customers, which is probably all set up. I mean after all, how can there be so many really old and valuable items can be in Vegas? Also, these guys have NO respect for one another. If I would have spoken to my Dad like Goofus (Corey) talks to his Dad, I'd have trouble eating corn on the cob. And Chumley, he looks like he was conceived by one too many sperm cells or he would have been born a ***. (I apologize for that remark to those that are. I probably offended them using Chum as an
  • Stars in hiding

Walked into the shop & asked an employee when the pawn stars will come out of hiding. He said NEVER. Saw 10 employees, but ,none from the tv show. It is apparent that they do not work there.
  • Thoughts about Chumlee.

I was wondering if Chumlee is Rick's or the old man's illegiti mate son. Why else would he get so much tv time and get to go everywhere with them and none of the other employees get the same perks?

• A Wealth of Knowledge

Pawn Stars is an excellent reality show with historical information dished out in each episode. They may seem harsh in the money they offer to patrons, but the shop needs to make a profit too, with rent, dozens of salaries, energy bills, these things all mount up. The patrons are worse, they always want way more than the item is worth. Even when Rick offers them more than they asked, all of a sudden they want more. The show is easily the best of its kind.
  • Annoying

1.5
    Never have I come across a more irritating bunch of people on TV such as this lot. I feel like punching every single one of them by the end of this programme. Not only are they annoying, they always seem to put an under-estimate of value on objects that deserve far better than the value given.
  • This could change radically

I don't have no way to know whether the show is real or not. It seems too "perfect" to be real. As they themselves would say: "when something is too good to be true, it's usually fake". I give the show the benefit of the doubt. Whichever is the case, the series has three things you don't see often: comedy, suspense and a high educational value. After the universe, the best history series ever
  • snooze13

Love the show, never miss an episode. Watch them over and over. Love all the info I get on history items, Rick is very knowledgable. Only part I don't like is Corey, sometimes I flip channels when he is making a deal. He is very arrogant and rude especially to his grandfather, maybe it is supposed to be funny but I don't find it so. If it wasn't for his grandfather he would probaly be flipping burgers at McDonalds. Love Chumley when his hair is clean, love the Old Man too. Keep up the good work!!!
  • To The Haters (Specifically Juggalohomie121)

Do you not know how a pawn shop works? If they bought everything at what it was worth with the overhead they have they would be out of buisness in a week. There are many factors...usually every single pawn shop wants to make at least Double what they paid....some are worse and want to make triple......offering 30,000 for something worth 40,000 is a mighty generous offer. Not only do they have to buy it, they have to have their money tied up in it until they sell it....not at an auction mind you cause they take a rediculous amount for their fee. How many people do you know coming into the shop with 30 grand looking to spend it on that one item...god knows how long it sits in their shop...this is an awesome show and glad it will be on for 3 more seasons at least
  • Disappointed With History Chanel.

It seem to me History chanel is scraping the bottom of the barrell.You can tell its all set up and choreographed. Every one in the cast as well as the events are highly predictable an boring. I saw Rick on Jay Leno. It seems he's marrying a hot young chic. Jeez, You think it may be for the money? He reminds me of Elmer Fudd with that gigantic head. I wouldthe History Chanel would do more documentary's on TRUE TV worthy History events.
  • Interesting show with good history lessons

Pawn Stars is an awesome reality show. With every episode of the show I learn something new about some major historical events. It's also fun to watch their little competitions.

I don't also get it why so many people are complaining of their style of selling things. Obviously some people have no idea how to sell things. Some people are complaining that they dont buy stuff and sell stuff for same price. Have you ever realized that they are taking their chances on every purchase? They can never be sure if they will ever sell that item.

And people complaining about their way to bring up the bad side of the item when buying, its how you do business people. You won't bring up all the good things when buying and bringing up bad things when selling. Its the other way around...
  • Boring show with arrogant characters

What a joke. This family has absolutely no moral radar, the one example that sticks out is the episode where the son swindles an expectant father out of his car for less than it was worth or what he had expected simply because he could. And in testament to the fathers jackassery, he declines to pay customers what their items are worth in every episode. He'll have someone come out and estimate the value of a coin to be $40,000. When customer asks for $40,000 Rick shakes his head and says "that's not going to happen". He wants to pay the customer $30,000. Their ATTITUDES are the only thing keeping this show together. Without Rick and "the old man" poking fun at his son and his friends weight problems they would have nothing.
  • ANNOYANCE

I find it annoying how every member of the Harrison family says CALVARY instead of CAVALRY!

ok?

• I like old man.

I think this show is interesting to watch because I like to imagine what stuff I would get if I were them. They are cheap though. Even when professionals come in and tell them the true value they still want it for less than the professional says its worth. This is similar to American pickers. My favorite pawn star is old man because he always knows something about everything and he's always telling Big Hoss and Chum that they are annoying. I really just started watching this last week because I don't usually watch history channel but i discovered this one because of my grandpa.
  • Great show!!

Great show!!! All the characters work well together and very informative...10 in my book!! The old man, Hoss, and Chum Lee keep me rolling and the various experts knowledge about the historical pieces that are showcased keep me watching. I like the old mans negotiation skills he always low balls the people which cracks me up because you know he is getting a hell of a deal and going to make big money off these fools. Overall the show is very funny and informative which keeps me coming back every week and supporting this great show. Good job history channel!!
< 1 2