Pawn Stars

Thursday 10:00 PM on The History Channel Premiered Jul 17, 2009 In Season

lordbowler

Pawn Stars Fan Reviews (69)

7.7
  • LET'S FIRE CHUM LEE

1.5
    I think it's a shame that anyone would keep an employee as rude, lazy and slovenly in appearance as Chum. He has to be detrimental to the business. I agree with several others, the show has definitely lost a lot of appeal.
  • chum sux

I used to love this show. Now, catered to the simpletons who think chum and his antics arent scripted, the show has lost appeal. Too bad that one character ruins the show entirely.
  • So Rude

Let me say, I like the Old Man and ChumLee, only because they make me laugh even though the Old Man can be rude at times. Now Corey, this is a different story, he thinks he knows it all, he can be rude (Most of the time) he thinks he is a gift to women, HaHaHa and I just can not stand him. Now Rick, I will give him credit, he is smart, that is if the show is not a fake and setup. He is also so Rude. I think the show would be alot better without Corey and Rick. I would not sale anything to that Pawn Shop, Now I would shop there and maybe purchase something, but it would have to be something I want really bad and can not find somewhere else cheaper. Now I just want to say, starting at this exact moment, I will change the channel when the show comes on. I Love the History channel, I watch it all day, except when Pawn Stars come on. I know some of the shoppers and people selling stuff can be rude too, buta place of business needs to bite thier lip. Also, Corey should show more respect for his Dad and GrandFather, I would never talk this way to my elders and to do it on television, thats is so disrespective. Anyway this is my opinon only, I know some people will not agree with me, but thats ok. Goodbye Pawn would rather watch nothing...
  • Pawn Shop wanting to buy valuable HISTORY for pennies

I am tired of this show. I cant believe a pawn shop runs the History . This show is trying to make these lazy men look as if they are the envy of the world... they hire other professional appraisers to do their job. they are an embarement to our country and the true working man. They never have a sense of integrity or common sense. GO PAWN STARS .,.... you have ruined my opinion of the HISTORY CHANNEL! Looking every now and then to see if History channel is showing TRUE history... nope .. just men trying to buy history at a bargain... not SO... WE need a true HISTORY channel...
  • chumless is best

Chum is a rude, obnoxious, lazy, disrespectable, disgusting moron with no personality. Any hard working employee who talked to his bosses the way he does and ignores all rules and orders would and should be fired on the spot. His dumb act is too overboard. I also agree with others, he and Cory need to take care of their hair. Chum's always looks dirty and that "pony turd in the back of Cory's head looks stupid. Instead of more tattoos spend some of the money you don't deserve from work to get your hair washed and cut. Get rid of Chumlee or at the very least dock his pay and send him home until he learns some manners and respect. Love all the interesting background info on the items brought in.
  • Losing me !!!

1.5
    Had to add more !! Unbelievable !

I have come to the conclusion that not only does the cast never checks to see what these reviews have to say about them, they must never view the shows at all just to see what they look like on TV !!... They are missing out on all the sloppiness and idiotic talk of Chump-Dip S***, but the show I just tuned in on, has Cory with his current haircut/do and beard makes him look like a member fresh off of one of the "Planet of the Apes !" shows !! I am not joking, serious as I can be!!!!....

Please, Dude !!! Do yourself a favor and get yourself a mirror!!!!!!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I wanted to make another review, and couldn't start a new one, so I'll just add to this one. After a few more shows I finally concluded that this show is not a reality show at all....... This idiotic lazy character they named chumlee is not possible to be real !! In real life they would not hesitate for a instance to fire him with no chance of getting the job back and have police escort him from the property if necessary !

The writers really need to think how unnatural they are making Corey(mouthy smart azz) and Chum(completely stupid) come off ! Turn them into normal characters !!

----------------------------------------------------

I want the old show back. This scripted pretend show has to change back !! If they must have chumwhatever on, quit with all the idiotic comments !! If the show was real and they felt they were obligated someway, they should pay him to stay away from the shop and someone should point out the purpose of shampoo to him !!!... On the other hand, if he ever lost his job, he should be able to hire in at a circus easily !.. I am sorry about being such a grouch, but guys, if it needs to be scripted, maybe some new writers might help !!.. I want my old favorite Pawn Stars back.
  • Tired of the Chumlee schtick

Enjoy the "history" on the items, but am really getting tired of the storylines they set up for Chumlee. Is he really that popular. If so, then I'm losing faith in the world. He's not even mildly amusing anymore.
  • If only Chumlee was GONE

I loved this show - used to watch it ALL the time. Now I have to turn it off because Chumlee is SO disgusting and obnoxious I just can't stand to watch it. I have looked at the reviews and everyone seems to agree with me - WHY don't they get rid of that rude slob and let us enjoy the show again - don't they listen to their fans???? We want Chumlee GONE
  • still a slob

even with his weight loss and new teeth chumley still acts and looks like a slob. he's a stooge, a fake disgusting looking slob. can't stand his constant appearance on every other frame of film. he gets paid fifteen thousand a episode and he annoys most viewers. if people do like this character they would also believe wrestling is real. give the viewer some credit.
  • Chumlee: a good argument for retroactive birth control !!!

I used to love the show when It first came on air. I watched it strictly because I'm somewhat of a geek and like learning about unusual things. I know all reality television is scripted to some degree so that doesn't even bother me. I don't feel the least bit sorry for people who come into a pawn shop. They are adults and by the time you understand how a pawn shop operates, you should know that they have to at least double their money to stay in business. I am sick of having the show gravitating towards the employees instead of the real star, the merchandise. A lot of things irritate me. I get irritated reading posts where people have no grasp of the English language. They use all capital letters and no punctuation. We make enough errors when we try and post properly. Rick has gotten to the point where he is almost too much to take. He laughs at his own jokes, all of them. The false emotion he shows when supposedly exasperated by Chum is nauseating. The long breath, gritting of teeth, etc. Corey recently went on a biker ride and almost got thrown in jail in Jefferson City, Missouri for taking a whiz on a bar. Chumlee gives a bad name to every hard working person that struggles to put food on the table. In the real world, he would've been fired long ago, for any number of reasons. I can't even name them all. I am not a fan of body art, but i could deal with that if he and Corey would just wash their hair. I went on Celebrity Net Worth and saw where Chumlee is worth $8,000,000 dollars. I am college educated and worked hard my entire life and will not see that kind of money except at a bank. Seriously, I think the show has jumped the shark. It is too broken to fix. I look at Chumlee and know that there are a large number of people that think he is special. Attitudes like he portrays have helped ruin our country. He shows the arrogance of someone who thinks the world owes him a living. I am through watching it, because it wouldn't be fair to trash it and then watch. Pawnography is worse. It shows the arrogance of all three, along with Christopher Titus. The production values are so bad that you can tell it is basically done on a webcam. If you look closely and have a good tv, you can tell that the video is computer generated. I would love to see a show similar to this. Maybe someone can produce a show that is a cross between Antiques Roadshow and Pawn Stars.
  • Interesting and dull at the same time

I like to see the items that come into the shop but I hate how greedy they can get and how they take advantage of people. But it is a pawn shop and they make their money off of desperate people. What relation is Chumley What a load. He wouldn't last a week in any other job.
  • Just watch it to see interesting items, hear the history and value

Basically I only see the program to learn about various items.

The pawn shop itself, the negotiation and the people are not interesting.

I only listen to Rick when he tell facts, the time he negotiate prices is boring.

The old man playing card games - cut it.

And I could live without Corey and Russell (Chumlee). It is particular painful to see Russell when he ask stupid questions all the time.

Rate 6: for interesting in things - absolutely no interesting interactions between people behind desk or with customers.
  • Chumlee: Take a hike.

Loved this show at the outset. For some time now, however, the relationship between Rick and Chumlee is downright irritating. NO one would put up with this guy, so why write his lines like they are? 'Ol Chum has long lost his appeal and reason to exist on this show. I am watching it less and ALWAYS fast-forwarding when Chumlee appears. If, from other reviews I have read, Chumlee continues as he is portrayed, good-bye to this show.
  • Fire Chumlee

3.5
    His uniqueness, his value to the show has worn extremely thin. I'm already fast forwarding thru any parts where he is in the show. He needs to be fired, he can try to find another job where his lazy, disrespectful attitude works, good luck with that.
  • Chums mouth

Rick needs to put chums smart mouth and disrespectful ass in his place. If any of my son's friends would talk to me like that they'd pick their ass up off the floor. I think I may just stop watching this show cause if Rick never stands up to this kid it has to be all fake.
  • CHIMPLEE HAS TO GO

I'm just glad I record this on my DVR so i can jump past all the parts that involve Chumplee. He's not even worth watching when he is dealing with a customer. I can almost see in my minds eye the cue cards he is reading from behind the camera.
  • CHUMPLEE HAS TO GO

The show is getting unwatchable with Corey turning into as much as an unkempt wiseass as Chumplee. Every show recently has Chumplee being more and more disgusting and disrespectful. Does the History channel really think people are to believe he would not have been fired long ago. I just watched the last episode I will not waste my time watching as long as the idiot is on the show!!
  • If he worked for me I would fire him

This scripted pretend show has to change back !! I want the old show back. Chum selling shoes in the shop. Rick pretends to get mad. I used to feel sorry for Chum but he is just hurting the show. The show is so scripted. The show has slid so far it's hard to understand why they don't realize it themselves. If the want to keep Chum just bring him in for a couple of minutes.
  • Chum jumped the shark last Super Bowl

1.5
    Chum has outlived his usefulness. It was great when they used him as a shoe consultant, but now he's just a scum bag. His lying at the Super Bowl was the beginning of the end. You use to feel sorry for Chum, now he's just a scum bag & replaceable. I think with so many college educated unemployed people seeking work; Chum has become a slap in the face of those trying to make a living. The only reality left in this show is that stupidity gets old. It's hard to get my wife to watch the show and as soon as "Homicide Hunters "comes out with new episodes; Pawn Stars will lose this house hold.
  • remove the loon

Please get rid of that braindead chimplee, er chumlee. The show has slid so far it's hard to understand why they don't realize it themselves.

• annoying

These are all annoying such as rick's laugh and corey beening the biggest douchbag out of all of them Well their all douchbags plus like to rip ppl off and items twice as much then what its worth this show and pawnography is horrible. One more Douchbags!! Anyone agree here?
  • "I gotta call in a buddy of mine"

How many times have you heard that??? Really?? is there anything this Rick guy DOES know??? Actually, ill answer that one myself, it seems pretty apparent that the only thing he knows is how to take advantage of people when the chips are his buddy comes over and tells him what the item is to begin with,and how much it may be worth, he then begins to rip people off, so i guess there is something he advantage of should be proud of yourself!
  • Intresting Facts

It`s really good but the problem is that he might call in a friend even though he hates the item. But I really love when they do put the history in the show. I don`t care about the characters I could care less. I watch it for the history and becuase the idea of it being a real pawn shop is really cool.
  • It's All Staged

The reality show Pawn Stars is far from being real.

The History Channel contacts collectors from around the US and asks them to take one of their rare or collectable items to the show for filming. Travel expenses and lodging are paid for by the History Channel.

The items being brought in are all known about before it arrives at the store. So when you see Rick, or Cory, talking like they are an expert on that specific item, that's because they know ahead of time what's going to be filmed for the show and have studied up on that item. So unlike what Rick says at the start of the show, that you never know what will come thru the door, believe me, they do know.

Some items that are on the show are brought in with no intentions of ever being sold or pawned. There brought in just to fill in for more filming time for an episode.

About the only thing that is real about the show is the negotiating on prices. The History Channel does not predetermine before hand what the seller will get for their item.

BTW, if they ever make a cartoon based off of Pawn Stars, will Homer Simpson play Rick Harrison?

• autogragh collection aired 8/24 2014

Episode: GO FOR CHUM . I ask you to reconsider if giving that man $6,000 for that autogragh collection was an honorable deal. Marlon Brando autograghs ALONE I have seen go for as much as $1700 on simple pictures. Every one of the autograghs you showed, of the (hundreds?) he had, were MAJOR stars. ex. Jimmy Stewart, Dean Martin, Paul Newman, John Wayne, you know the rest. I love your show guys, you should make it right with that poor guy. Do you want a bad reputation for yourselves and your fun and entertaining show. Do you really want others to think that's how they will be treated. All of those vintage and dated autograghs, authenticated by your own expert, and you only gave him $6000!!! for ALL of them. We all know you need to make a profit but come on guys.... PLZ restore our faith that you will give people a fair shake regardless of their ignorance of what they are selling. I'm sure you'll agree that taking advantage of good yet uniformed people is not something to feel good about
  • A LITTLE CHUM GOES A LONG WAY...

I've been a devoted viewer since the beginning. I love learning about all the unusual items. (Its a shame that Rick's amazing knowledge on so many subjects doesn't get appreciated by his family). Now, because the show seems to feature Chumlee more often, the whole tone of the show has changed. He used to be entertaining in his original persona as the "Village Idiot" ... bumbling and mildly charming. With the success of the show, he's become grating, entitled, and aggressively insubordinate. In any other business, he would have been fired many times by now. So, sadly, whenever I see that Chum is going to be featured, I reach for the remote. . - You'd think that with all the money he has, he'd have money leftover after his creepy teeth whitening to buy shampoo and a haircut! The last straw for me was watching him floss his teeth while working the front counter!! Yuck!!
  • Rick gets manicure. STUPID UNPROFESSIONAL NAIL TECH. Get back to the "stuff" guys... please !

5.5
    Show used to focus on the "stuff" ... with a side of guys bugging each other. I just hope Rick didn't tip the unprofessional nail tech. The owner should fire her. He'll never get another manicure & who cares if she didn't say it in front of him, "if he would shut up and let me do my job". She needs to get another job.
  • The new game show

What a disappointment Badly done, stupid idea. I won't watch again.
  • Very good show

Pawn Stars is a very good show, but there are somethings that are stupid. Rick is a nerd, Corey is okay, Chumlee is pretty funny, and the Old Man is the best!
  • ITS JUST A DOG??? REALLY COREY

corey its not just a dog im so pissed at you. i want you to stay outside all day in jeans and longsleeve shirt socks n would you feel? dogs get hot they have feelings and emotions. they wanna be part of a family not tied up in the back yard or left outside all the time waiting that his new family will come and show him love and affection and do training. if you get a dog and leave it outside all the time please dont get one. they are pack animals the crave being in a ashamed of your i agree with the review by jwycliffe, its getting ridiculous the crude treatment of each other.