Pee-Wee's Playhouse Forums

CBS (ended 1991)

Have You Been Watching?

Have you been watching Pee-Wee on adult-swim?

modelover85

[1]Jul 18, 2006
    • level: 22
    Hey! I just wanted to do this poll, to see if you guys have been watching PW'SP on [adult swim]!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

fiveironbell

[2]Jul 19, 2006
    • level: 11
    I had never seen it before because it's a little before my time, but now I'm hooked on it

carpexnoctem

[3]Jul 20, 2006
    • level: 31
    I'm definitely watching and have been looking forward to this ever since it was hinted at in the very first bump a few months back. I grew up with this show so it brings back fond memories and it's amazing to me how much I remember. Now that I'm older, I observe things I might have not caught or missed before. This is a show where you really don't even feel stupid watching it, unlike some of the newer children's shows out there which I feel embarrassed about even if I'm the only one around. Also I really like the fact that it's on Adult Swim because it gives me two choices to watch so I can fit it into my schedule when other shows conflict. I usually end up watching the 1:30 am airing.

modelover85

[4]Jul 20, 2006
    • level: 22

carpexnoctem wrote:
    I'm definitely watching and have been looking forward to this ever since it was hinted at in the very first bump a few months back. I grew up with this show so it brings back fond memories and it's amazing to me how much I remember. Now that I'm older, I observe things I might have not caught or missed before. This is a show where you really don't even feel stupid watching it, unlike some of the newer children's shows out there which I feel embarrassed about even if I'm the only one around. Also I really like the fact that it's on Adult Swim because it gives me two choices to watch so I can fit it into my schedule when other shows conflict. I usually end up watching the 1:30 am airing.

Good for you. I remember watching reruns  Fox Family.

zeno22

[5]Jul 23, 2006
    • level: 11
    fiveironbell wrote:
    I had never seen it before because it's a little before my time, but now I'm hooked on it
      same with me it was before my name time now i luv it especially when pee wee gets the salesmen and goes 'AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!"

magicbird

[6]Jul 24, 2006
    • level: 8
    I like it,its a good show,and my brother and father do a good imatation of his laugh.

CreepyPhantom

[7]Jul 25, 2006
    • level: 10
    I like it too, it is a classic tv show that everyone can enjoy. Even my 18 year old sister watches it!

DigitLeBoid

[8]Jul 31, 2006
    I watch it on Adult Swim when I can.  Anyone find it funny that on Adult Swim the show comes with an adult content warning when it aired as a regular kids' show on broadcast? 

SNLFAN422

[9]Aug 15, 2006
    • level: 20
    Used to watch it on Fox Family, now I watch it on Adult Swim.

stoogerankcurly

[10]Aug 15, 2006
    • level: 6
    I try to catch it every night on adult swim.  This is one of the few shows that I used to watch as a kid that I can still watch today.

rockyoursocks

[11]Aug 24, 2006
    • level: 12

It wasn't around when I was little, but I'm hooked on it now as well. it's soooo funny and I like noticing adult oriented jokes, such as in "Fire in the Playhouse!" When Miss Yevone says to Fireman Fred that she has a fire alarm in her bedroom all sexy-ish. That creeped me out I thought it was suppoused to be a kid's show, lol!

dark_side_moon

[12]Oct 10, 2006
    Lmao, i don't know what to make of it! I have no clue if it's a kids show, or just a joke overall for adults to have a laugh at. I never grew up in the 80's as a kid watching this show, I grew up in the 90's watching Blues Clues but i'm sure regardless of how random this show was deemed, it was still a good "kids" show.

markdoublea84

[13]Jun 17, 2008
    • level: 58
    Are you kidding?!! I got into watching Pee-wee's Playhouse 10 years ago when it hit Fox Family' schedule. Now I own the whole enchilada on DVD (including his Christmas Special)! I bought the series two years ago.