Pee-Wee's Playhouse Forums

CBS (ended 1991)

Have you caught any "adult oriented" jokes?

dunnius

[41]Sep 4, 2006
    • level: 1
    From "Chairry-Tee Drive":

Ms. Renee's bazooms were sure bouncy when she came running in.

Pee-wee sure had fun with the hot pants.

They all sure had fun saying dickie.

Penny: ... sticking out of their (short pause) stomachs [I didn' catch all of that]

Ricardo sure likes being in the bathroom...
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

dunnius

[42]Sep 5, 2006
    From "Let's Play Office":

When Pee-wee and Jambi are on the magic carpet, you can hear Pee-wee pretend to launch a loogie at the people below when flying over the ship.

dude6363

[43]Sep 7, 2006
    • level: 60
    I cought so many a few nights ago. Cowboy bob or whatever had a date with Ms. Evon and Pee-Wee asked how it went at the end of the episode and Cowboy said "Uh I don't remember *giggle* *wink*. It was a big wink and he opened his mouth while he did it. Also Cowboy Bob or whatever I don't know about a lot of the episodes but in this one you could see an enourmous bulge in his slacks and even a little in Pee-Wee's and his isn't too tight but Cowboy's bob is really tight. lol. true story. Plus Ms.Evon always shows a ton of cleavage lol

dunnius

[44]Sep 7, 2006
    dude6363 wrote:
    I cought so many a few nights ago. Cowboy bob or whatever had a date with Ms. Evon and Pee-Wee asked how it went at the end of the episode and Cowboy said "Uh I don't remember *giggle* *wink*. It was a big wink and he opened his mouth while he did it. Also Cowboy Bob or whatever I don't know about a lot of the episodes but in this one you could see an enourmous bulge in his slacks and even a little in Pee-Wee's and his isn't too tight but Cowboy's bob is really tight. lol. true story. Plus Ms.Evon always shows a ton of cleavage lol

I didn't notice the bulges in that episode.

From "Conky's Breakdown:"

While looking for Conky's Owner Manual in the bathroom, Pee-wee looked at a magazine centerfold as if it were a playboy centerfold. It was a bicycle he was looking at, though.

Miss Yvonne flirting with guys as usual...

Yvonne: Is that a wrench in your pocket?

Repairman (Talking about repairmen): He has the right tools and he knows how to use them.

carpexnoctem

[45]Sep 7, 2006
    • level: 31
    It's Cowboy Curtis btw. Well, "Conky's Breakdown" had a few. First with Pee-Wee when he was in the bathroom going through the stacks of magazine in search of Conky's owner manual. He came across one of the magazines and opened it up and acted as though he was viewing a centerfold but then he showed it and it turned out to be a pull-out poster of a bicycle. Then Miss Yvonne showed up and started hitting on Johnny the Authorised Conky Repairman. First she told him he had a wrench in his pocket. Then later she invited him over since he said he had "the right tool for the job" she would find something that needed fixing and if not they could break something.
    Edited on 09/07/2006 9:47pm

CreepyPhantom

[46]Sep 8, 2006
    • level: 10
    I read an article in Entertainment Weekly, it had an interview with the cast of Pee-Wee's Playhouse. Reubens (Pee-Wee) wanted there to be a bit of humor for adults in the series. Apparently it said he got the idea from Rocky and Bullwinkle. So any 'adult jokes' in there are there on purpose.

dunnius

[47]Sep 13, 2006
    CreepyPhantom wrote:
    I read an article in Entertainment Weekly, it had an interview with the cast of Pee-Wee's Playhouse. Reubens (Pee-Wee) wanted there to be a bit of humor for adults in the series. Apparently it said he got the idea from Rocky and Bullwinkle. So any 'adult jokes' in there are there on purpose.

Yeah, but even so I don't think adult jokes are appropiate in a kids show.

From "Front Page Pee-Wee:"

During the interview with Miss Yvonne:
    Pee-wee: Now, on a more personal level. (laughing)
    Miss Yvonne: [...] but a gal's got to keep the guys guessing about some things. (both laughing)

dunnius

[48]Sep 13, 2006
    From Tango Time:

During the flashback when the power went out:
    Mrs. Renee (to Pee-wee): Where are you sitting?
    Pee-wee: On Chairy.
    Mrs. Renee: No your not.
    Pee-wee: Sorry Mrs. Renee.

carpexnoctem

[49]Sep 14, 2006
    dunnius wrote:
    CreepyPhantom wrote:

Well Pee-Wee's Playhouse was part of his comedy act at The Roxy. Many of the characters also came from that and it was an adults only live show. HBO taped a performance and broadcast it as a special and its success inspired Reubens to have the series. I am sure he inserted the adult bits as a way to reach a broader audience than just children. If you look at Animaniacs it did the same type of thing. There were often adult jokes inserted along with the children's material.

dunnius

[50]Sep 19, 2006
    carpexnoctem wrote:
    dunnius wrote:
    CreepyPhantom wrote:

Well Pee-Wee's Playhouse was part of his comedy act at The Roxy. Many of the characters also came from that and it was an adults only live show. HBO taped a performance and broadcast it as a special and its success inspired Reubens to have the series. I am sure he inserted the adult bits as a way to reach a broader audience than just children. If you look at Animaniacs it did the same type of thing. There were often adult jokes inserted along with the children's material.

I know, I would love to see the episodes of "The Pee Wee Herman Show." Even though other cartoons insert adult jokes, it still is somewhat inappropriate depending on the jokes, unless the cartoon is intended for adults.

From "Fun, Fun, Fun":

Pee Wee: What do I do when it gets dark?
    Chandelier: Well, Pee Wee, you turn me "on".

While flying "on" the hang glider:
    Pee Wee: Nice tan line, maam.

Also, he pretends to launch a loogie at the people just like he did in "Let's Play Office."

dunnius

[51]Sep 20, 2006
    From "Camping Out"

Rhonda the phone operator was flirting big time with Pee Wee. That was a really pointless segment, though I see it was a cameo.

I thought Cowboy Curtis usually sleeps in the nude. Maybe he stopped doing that after "Pajama Party." (post #17 in this forum)

SNLFAN422

[52]Sep 22, 2006
    • level: 20
    In "Now You See Me, Now You Don't" when Pee-wee is invisible and looks under Miss Yvonne's skirt.

StonedFox324

[53]Sep 23, 2006
    • level: 3
    Those jokes would never fly on a kids show nowadays. I'm tired of parents in recent years complaining about every little thing thats "suggestive" on TV.

CreepyPhantom

[54]Sep 24, 2006
    • level: 10
    Me too, Like the whole superbowl thing... with Janet Jackson, it was an accident and the station still got in one heck of a lot of trouble.

CptSquirrly1091

[55]Sep 24, 2006
    • level: 4

i really dont know how this is a children show, also ive caught many adult oriented jokes such as "hey savon (or w/e her name is) do you wanna come play with me in my play house *haha*" also saw a little girl, about 5-9 years old smoking a cig playing cards when the king of cartoons showed his cartoon.... many more, but i dont wanna take up the board

carpexnoctem

[56]Sep 26, 2006
    CptSquirrly1091 wrote:

i really dont know how this is a children show, also ive caught many adult oriented jokes such as "hey savon (or w/e her name is) do you wanna come play with me in my play house *haha*" also saw a little girl, about 5-9 years old smoking a cig playing cards when the king of cartoons showed his cartoon.... many more, but i dont wanna take up the board

little girl playing cards and smoking? Was that in an episode of El Hombre? If so that was a little boy and the cartoon was actually anti-smoking because El Hombre or whoever he is made him quit and throw it away after showing him the effects. I admit it can be hard to follow since it goes by so fast because it's so short and it's in Spanish so there's a bit of a language barrier but you can figure it out from the visuals.

dunnius

[57]Sep 28, 2006
    Finally, TV.com is back up.

From "Playhouse for Sale":

When Miss Yvonne was dancing, she put her hands on Chairry and lifted her leg up. Dog-Chair's mouth dropped because of the view.

Commenting on Miss Yvonne's dress:
    Pterri: Looks good from up here. (Laughs)
    Miss Yvonne: Why Pterri, I believe there's a vulture in your family tree.

PokeFan86

[58]Sep 29, 2006
    • level: 6
    In "Something to Do," Miss Yvonne rides on Pee-Wee's mechanical horse, which was edited to look like it was going much faster than it was, while Miss Yvonne appears to be "riding" the horse. After the horse stops, Miss Yvonne, breathing heavily and looking very *satisfied*, gets down off of the horse and breathlessly says, "Thank you, Pee-Wee...and thank *you*, big fella." *pats the horse* The first time I saw that, I spit soda across the room.

dark_side_moon

[59]Oct 10, 2006
    • level: 8
    Lmao, i'm having fun as it is reading all these posts of Pee-wee's pervertedness. The one time I was over at a friend's watching Pee-Wee with her brother, and Miss Yvonne (the fat lady in the pink robe or whatever) said that she was going to get dressed in her nightgown, because it was a slumber party episode, and Pee-wee all "cute-like" asked "Can I watch?!", because supposedly "watch" was the secret word of the episode. Lol, it was so funny, my friend turned around with a shocked expression on her face and said; "Did he just say what I thought he just said?!"

fortaz107

[60]Oct 12, 2006
    • level: 6
    The Cowntess always yells out MOOHOO to Pee Wee when she wants to get his attention. I read in the urban dictionary that a moohoo is some sort of slang for a moron. I wonder if the show knew about this meaning?