Pee-Wee's Playhouse

Pee-wee's Playhouse Christmas Special

Aired Saturday 10:00 AM Dec 21, 1988 on CBS

• Get ready to celebrate the holidays with Pee-wee Herman and the gang! His Christmas Special rules!

I absolutely loved watching Pee-wee's Christmas Special because he has such a time during the holiday season. However, I felt a little bit discouraged the first few times I saw it when all his friends gave him almost nothing but fruit cakes for Christmas gifts, not counting the dradle for Hanukkah. That's the holiday Mrs. Rene celebrates since she's Jewish. Watch in the special when Pee-wee takes a sleigh ride with Magic Johnson, hears guest stars sing their versions of familiar Christmas songs, and a HO-HO-WHOLE lot more!

The cartoon featured in the special is about some kids whose toys break and they get sad. And then, a little man decides to cheer the kids up. So he fixes up some new toys for them and dresses up like Santa Claus. Turns out, I have that exact cartoon on a video tape I may still have.

One of the most important things to learn from the special is the true meaning of Christmas. Also, it's about thinking of what we can do for other people just like Pee-wee discovers. One of my favorite scenes is that revolving toy shelf. From it, Pee-wee takes out a yoyo and performs tricks. Really neat.

Pee-wee's Christmas Special is one of the best holiday specials to watch. So, get set for the best Christmas special ever made for this time of "year!"
  • This is a very special episode.

This Pee Wee's Playhouse Christmas Special is very cool. There are a handful of popular special guests that make appearances in this episode. Pee Wee is pretty funny in this episode because he is so selfish and is only thinking about himself and his gifts that he want for Christmas. There are a lot of funny parts in this episode like when Pee Wee puts on that huge Snowsuit and tells the two people making Christmas cards that they can't come out and play because they haven't finished making all of the cards out yet. The part with Magic Johnson and Pee Wee on the sleigh is especially funny because Magic doesn't really get into it that much and Pee Wee is screaming his head off.

Pee Wee is especially funny in this episode, I found him to be even more funny in this one with all of the guest stars than with out special guest stars. This ranks way high up near my top 3 favorite episodes of all time.