Pee-Wee's Playhouse

Pee-wee's Playhouse Christmas Special

Aired Saturday 10:00 AM Dec 21, 1988 on CBS

• Get ready to celebrate the holidays with Pee-wee Herman and the gang! His Christmas Special rules for this time of year!

I absolutely loved watching Pee-wee's Christmas Special because he has such a time during the holiday. However, I felt a little bit discouraged when all his friends gave him almost nothing but fruit cakes for Christmas gifts, not counting the dradle for Hanukkah. That's the holiday Mrs. Rene celebrates since she's Jewish. Watch in the special when Pee-wee takes a sleigh ride with Magic Johnson, hears guest stars sing their versions of familiar Christmas songs, and a HO-HO-WHOLE lot more!

The cartoon featured in the special is about some kids whose toys break and they get sad. And then, a little man decides to cheer the kids up. So he fixes up some new toys for them and dresses up like Santa Claus. Turns out, I have that exact cartoon on a video tape.

One of the most important things to learn from the special is the true meaning of Christmas. Also, it's about thinking of what we can do for other people. One of my favorite scenes is that revolving toy shelf. From it- Pee-wee takes out a yoyo and performs tricks.

Pee-wee's Christmas Special is one of the best holiday specials to watch. So, get set for the best Christmas special ever made for this time of "year!"