Pee-Wee's Playhouse

CBS (ended 1991)

Tubelubber

Pee-Wee's Playhouse Fan Reviews (41)

• I do not like him! He reminds me of a child malester. May GOD have mercy on his soul. I hope he repented. He is the weirdest thing since my history teacher Mr.Waldon....yikes. I need some chilling pills.

0.0
    I don't know what to say about him! He is one of those people the press people look up to. Talk about; extra extra read all about it. Pee Wee Herman rapes 3 year old. Cocaine cocaine!Shame on him in big ways. He needs a black beat down! For real
  • Another stupid show

So many shows on Disney that I dislike and this is one of them. Pee-wee's Playhouse stars Pee-wee Herman (played by Paul Reubens, voice of Lock in The Nightmare Before Christmas) and a crazy cast of characters from all over Puppetland. Each episode usually teaches a lesson to the viewer such has how to stay healthy or how to make friends. Pee-wee's Playhouse is aimed at children but can be enjoyed by all ages with its great sense of humor. For example, each episode has a secret word. Whenever anyone says the secret word, everyone screams as loud as they can.
  • Ok,I believe they should air Pee-wee's Playhouse around 7:00am or 8:00am. So the kids can have something entertaining to watch. Every time Pee-Wee's Playhouse comes on around 11:00pm or 1200pm, I just change the channel.

Ok,I believe they should air Pee-wee's Playhouse around 7:00am or 8:00am. So the kids can have something entertaining to watch. Every time Pee-Wee's Playhouse comes on around 11:00pm or 1200pm, I just change the channel. I don't know why, they would want to show pee-wee's playhouse at "night". It was originally aired on Saturday mornings for the kids to have something to watch, while they were at home rather than school. They should either put another episode of Family Guy, Futurama, Aqua Teen Hunger Force, or Robot Chicken in that slot and put Pee-wee's Playhouse on a Saturday morning slot or not show Pee-wee's Playhouse at all.
  • No offense anyone, but i think this is a load of crap. What kid stays up till 11:00PM, im talking about 4-8 year olds...

What kid stays up till 11:00PM, im talking about the general child audience...
    Then theres the matter of it being on adult swim as mentioned earlier. They must be running low on money, they must have paid alot to get that aired on adult swim... Even G-Rated cartoons would be better at that point...
    I fail to see whats funny or appealing in this, only someone who\'s really bored would watch this...

They all look like ppl that woke up at 3 in the morning after having coffee and cocaine...
  • They call this adult swim material?

I mean come on it is a pot head show. It shouldnt be on adult swim. It is one of the stupidest shows I have ever seen in my whole entire life. The show should be rated TV Y not TV PG. It is should also be like in nick jr or somthing. Adult swim is taking alot of pot. That show is sooooooooooooooooo stupid I mean (in stupid way) \"When I am scared I hold hands with all my special friends) Adult swim really needs to think twice about what shows they put on because they are really losing it.
  • Maybe, I didn't give this a fair chance...or, maybe, I gave it MORE than a fair chance...hmmmm...

I don't know what there was exactly about this show, but it just didn't set right with me.

There were many times when I suspected that it was part of a sinister conspiracy--that the brains behind it were, likely, the inventors and promoters of the drug, Ritalin.

Here's the agenda:

This spooky-looking, white-faced, oversized kid would send the message to little viewers that it was okay--in fact, it was very natural and acceptable--to be so hyperactive that you couldn't even finish watching an entire kiddie-cartoon.

He would jump around all over the place like a cat on a hot griddle, and the entire playhouse would go nutzo with an annoying buzzer going off everytime the word of the day was said and every inanimate object in the place acting as if it were on steroids.

I saw nothing redeemable about this (and only gave it any points at all for any good intentions that anyone might have had in making such a bunch of widdle-waddle).

There's nothing wrong with a children's show being energetic and lively--Sesame Street is energetic and lively--but this seemed to have no direction and a lot of confusion.

This hyperactivity had a way of making its way out of TVs and into rooms where kiddies were watching--a kind of "goofy gas" that would turn the kiddies into hysterical, shrieking, hyperactive problem children.

Once they were in school, teachers from all over would be teaming up with social-workers to bully parents into putting their kiddies into the Ritalin program.

And the makers and sellers of these little pills would be laughing all the way to the bank!

PeeWee's Playhouse would have done its "secret" job!
  • A good show, but it really needs a new home...

I first entered the PlayHouse when I was asked to Record an Episode for my Little Brother. The thing about my Little Brother? He's 2. So, what the heck is this Show doing on Adult Swim? I've watched this show on several occasions and it's not "Adult" in any way. This is much like the stunt pulled with Saved by the Bell which as I understood was an attempt to bring some viewers back to their younger days, but it was only on for 2 weeks. Pee-Wee's overstayed his Welcome. It's a good Kids Show sure, but as they say "All Kids out of the Pool!"
  • Hey,Jombi!

It's fair to me.It's crazier than CrashBox.It's really a good show.Even with that ice cream soup.It's based on that crazy Pee-Wee dude.It's not really bad for a dude like me.That's the secret word of the day.Dude.It's really better than that disturbing The PJs or Any boring classic show.It's not better than Family Matters.I have got to say 2 words:Hey,Jombi!It's not even putted on that Adult Swim anymore.How could you do that,Adult Swim?At least it was a classic show to be made.Now I can now grade this show a C because it was crazier and the craziest show ever made and it's better than that scary Mister Rogers Neighborhood.
  • Well..its okay..

6.3
    I only watch it at times because i either have nothing else to watch, or well...i am totally and ubberly bored.

Thier isnt much humor..just talking..objects.

O.o

But at times it is sorta..somewhat..cool..

odd, weird, a bit dumb, but cool.

I dont even make sense now do i?

Yea i didnt think so, well what i can say is that it brings entertain ment to many. not to me, but to many,
  • So strange, yet so addicting.

7.6
    I remember watching Pee-Wee's Playhouse when I was around the age of seven or so. I faintly remember the show, but I know I thought it was so strange. Although, I thought it was strange, I watched it all the time.

It must've been something about those cars, telephones and microwaves with eyes and mouths. The scenery and background music made you feel like you were on an acid trip (without acid).

All I can say is, this show was great. I don't know what I liked about it. But obviously, I'm not the only one who liked this show. I mean, just look at the rating here, on TV.com.
  • Entertainment at its oddest.

When I was a kid, I remember watching this show on video and on television. Even as a kid, I couldn't understand what was wrong with Pee-Wee. It was just like he was overly happy and needed to be calmed down. His friends were very entertaining. I liked ho they all interacted with one another. It was also very fun to watch the special guests come over for a visit. The things I didn't like was the nonsense the show said when it came to the words. I get that it is entertainment, but it isn't educational at all. Overall, a decent show. Thank you.
  • This show is freakin' fun. I was practically raised off of it...

Back when I was a kid, children's television shows were a lot more "adult"-orientated than they are now. I used to watch the very few videotapes I had of "PeeWee's Playhouse" when I was around five or six, and my little sister and I always enjoyed every minute of it. The show stars PeeWee Herman, a funny and optimistic man who acts like a cross between a child and a clown--he puts kids on his level, and that's a good thing. Kids need to stay young once in awhile, you know? Anyway, every day he travels to a wacky place called simply by the name "The Playhouse", where each day is a new adventure. It features a lot of skits that are enjoyable, including the King of Cartoons, who shows a classic cartoon every time he visits the Playhouse, and Penny, a little claymation girl (similar to the style of "Wallace and Gromit") who talks about everyday things in life. It also features very cute and well-executed puppet characters, such as Mr. Kite and (my personal favorite) Pterry the pteranadon.

Despite its wacky behavior, it also teaches very important lessons. One episode featured a makeover, and the lesson taught was that you are beautiful as yourself and not what "generic" beautiful is. Another one taught me not to be so afraid of monsters anymore. Now that I'm much older, I watch it and I suddenly catch all the "adult" jokes that were thrown in there--and so did other people who have seen the show in the past. Heck, even my mom likes PeeWee Herman and the Playhouse!

A very fun show, and I feel sad that it's over (and not on anything to remember it by, such as DVD). I'll miss it a lot.
  • Classic & influential show.

I am so glad that adult swim brought back this awesome show.
    It is so different from the average childrens show. Theres things for many age groups. Adults like it for its comedy. Kids like it because they can kind of relate to Pee-wee. He is basically a child at heart. He just dosen\'t look like one. This show brings back many memories for me. Like the word of the day. When they said the word of the day I screamed. When King cartoon came out I yelled \"OMG\". I know I sound like a dummy right now but oh well. Who knows what other shows were infulenced by this show?

• I love this show

I love this show.

It one of my favorite shows I used to watch it all the time when I was little. To me it is so cool that they would put it on Adult Swim. To me I was surprised but hey the show is funny so who cares if it is a kids show. People of all ages like to watch it because it fun. I think it is so funny when they scream when someones says the word of the day. I think it is a timeless classic that anyone can enjoy. That is why I like it so much.
  • Great show, scared the crap outta me.

To be honest, I have no idea why I watched Pee-Wee's Playhouse. Maybe because it was such a highly interesting and hilarious show, but it terrified me like nothing I've ever known.

When I was a young boy I often had a re-occuring nightmare that Pee-Wee Hermans mouth would grow to enormous sizes and he would eat me alive. Despite the traumitizing dreams I religously watched the show.

Now, with it being re-aired on Adult Swim, I thought I could handle watching it. I was wrong. In between my sobs of pure terror though I realized I was laughing my ass off.

So if your alright with grown men wearing gray suits and honking voices, you should have no issues with the show. Personally though, I'd rather be trapped on a deserted island with a masturbation addicted Paul Reubens then Pee-Wee Herman.
  • Pee Wee's Playhouse - the solution for kids who have yet to "break out of their shell"

Phew, so much to review! First off, Pee Wee Herman is probably one of the biggest influences on my humor. So as a young adult, I love watching the Playhouse episodes. I immediately go back to that period where life literally revolved around recess time and popsicles. As a child, I totally embraced the craziness of Pee Wee - the word of the day, randomn dance party, ice cream soup, connect the dots (la-la-la), giant underwear. The show had come and gone by my childhood, but for some reason, I could not get enough of it. Even my parents thought it was weird and didn't know why I loved it so much. Haha, I even had a Pee Wee Herman doll with a pulley-string in the back that made him speak. For me at least, it totally captures a simpler time in my life where screaming at the tv was the funnest thing ever!
  • "Why they put this in adult swim."

ok people ill tell u why well i dont know excalty why but i think i know anyway they proabably put this here in adult swim kinda to make fun of it so like in a family guy ep peter bought the pee wee playhouse set lol instead of giving to charity lol. anyway id rate 9.5 its funny how he talks and everything but ill take out .5 for creeping me out lol. Also can anyone tell me how to change my icon its creeping me out and also im a male not female i made a mistake. lol lol.
  • A guy in a cool house runs around showing you cool things.

Wow this is a cool show! I love this show for one reason! It is so origional! I mean I love everything it it! I love all the different people who stop by and all the cute little cartoons they show, like the penny show (thats my most fav!) or the cartoons king's shows (those are the best!) They are all just so cool! I love all the little things that the house has too! Like the genni in the box guy! I love the song he sings! And the chair and robot are the best! Not to mention I love the day's word! AAAAAAhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!
  • I don\'t think people really get why this is on Adult Swim. But I\'m pretty sure it\'s not \"to make fun of it\", but more because of the viewers' ages.

Adults Swim has recently started showing Pee Wee\'s Playhouse on it at 11pm or (since they changed it), at midnight. Of course, nobody expects children to stay up and watch this. So people wonder, why did they air it in the first place? I don\'t know definitely, but I\'m pretty sure they air it BECAUSE it\'s Adult Swim- No, I don\'t mean what Pee Wee did, I mean that most people who watch this lineup are in their twenties or teens. Many of these people grew up watching Pee Wee\'s Playhouse, and to air it brings back memories to these people and makes them want to watch, even if just to relive those memories. It\'s the same reason they put Saved By the Bell on a few months ago- these people watched it when they were growing up. Did anyone wonder why they aired that too? These two shows are from the same era, an era that most viewers have been through and have enjoyed.
  • This show is awesome!

I have to say, even though I'm 15, this show is still entertaining to me! I love watching Pee-Wee's! Not many shows these days have the childishness like Pee-Wee's! Paul Reubens (Pee-Wee) cracks me up! And there are also jokes for older people planted in the script. I have to say one thing though, season one was the best. The other seasons could not compare to the amazingness of the first season. But then again, what happened to Dixie, Mrs. Steve, Cpt. Carl, and Tito? Instead they have some stupid spanish guy that insists on not speaking english (which in my opinion he should...)
  • A rollicking peek inside the strange mind of Paul Ruben's Pee Wee Herman -- the too-cool Puppet Band, Cowboy Curtis, the Cow-ntess, sining flowers, mouse-size dinosaurs, annoyingly cute kids, Penny Cartoons, animate furnishings, and yes, Miss Yvonne. Ah y

Shows like this make life worth living. Thank you so much to Paul Rubens for creating this psychedelic fantasy of Peter Pan meets Cowboy Bob. Born as a stand-up comedy routine for a decidedly adult audience, the tv show retained it's edge in the form of campy insider jokes. Pee Wee may have ditched the mirrors on the shoes bit, but you still have to wonder if Miss Yvonne spent a little too much time in Captain Carl's galley. Get the DVD and watch it with your friends, or just play it all by yourself. (sorry about that one.)
  • good

this is a pretty good tv show i like it but its for little kids and stuff so its nothing too great but its funny and i laugh and a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a aits awesome lol it rocks watch this show if you want but is it kinda for little kids and stuff so please dont complain to me if yuoiu dont like iy ;olol cxause i oike it alot i love it go pwwwe eee plays hous! charry rocks my socks lol yeah go jambni sd
  • Kiddy Adult Show!

1st ep (10)
  • Ah, truly a great show.

Pee-wee's Playhouse is a classic as it's one of the only shows aimed at young children that most adults might also be able to enjoy. The show has an insane cast of characters. One of my favourites is the genie, Jambi. However no character can beat that of pop culture icon Pee-wee Herman, Pee-wee is likely an adult but with a childlike personality and is played by Paul Reubens. Reuben's has appeared in quite a few of Tim Burton's films. These include Batman Returns, The Nightmare Before Christmas and of course Pee-wee's Big Adventure. Another notable thing about this show is that Rob Zombie, who is now a heavy metal musician and filmmaker, was a production assistant of this show.
  • Peewee is a teacher and a character!

He is multi talented and hilarious. A must for children.
  • This show is my only reason to keep on living.

You know what, I don't care WHAT Pee Wee Herman did. This show is amazing and should have never been canceled.
    First of all, the humor is incredible.
    Second of all, it's so creative! The setting, characters and plot are amazing!
    I could watch this show for hours on end without getting tired of it.
    And NO, I AM NOT JOKING. This review is completely serious. I am completely serious.
    Oh, not to mention, they taught me how to make FRUIT CUBES! Hello!? How would I go on living WITHOUT knowing how to make fruit cubes!
    So, in conclusion, out of 10, I rate this show a 12.
  • This show can really make you laugh out loud! This is a must-watch show for all comedy fans to view. It's one of my favorites

I first saw Pee-wee's Playhouse on TV when I was in high school. When it repremeered in reruns on Fox Family (which is now ABC Family), I began to get into the program. I screamed at the secret word in every single episode. When I found out that the entire series came out on DVD in 2004, I just had to see it all! There were some episodes I have never seen before until after I watched them. Pee-wee Herman, Cowboy Curtis, Miss Yvonne, and the rest of the playhouse characters are all terrific and the shows are outrageous. I even liked watching his Christmas Special. So, if you want laughs in your life, Pee-wee Herman is the guy for you. Stop waiting, start screaming, and you'll have a Pee-wee-rific time!
  • I loved this show when i was a kid :D

This show still comes on adult swim and i don't hesitate to watch it. I loved this show as a kid and as an adult wheeee! I still got some kid in me though XD This show was kind of perverted but also really fun, I loved the colors and peewee's voice when he sang "connect the dots, la la la la, connect the dots, la la la la" goddess its stuck in my head XD Anyway, you should watch this show if you remember it, i wouldn't suggest showing it to kids for its little tidbits of naughtiness lol. I do suggest watching the peewee movies though they were pretty funny. All in all, a great show for anyone who's a little wacky and likes claymation and craziness XD
  • Very funny for all ages

This show is great. It's pretty old I mean my mom watched this show. But I mean people from Kindergarten to High school would love this show because it has humor for children and even some adult humor. I always love Cowboy Curtis cause he is really cool and funny. Some episodes are sad like Puppy in the Playhouse but other episodes like Now you see me now you don't is funny because he makes Mrs. Renee sit on chocolate cake and he looks up Miss Yvonne's skirt. I was really excited when I found out that there will be a Pee-wee's playhouse movie cause a show this great will be 10 times better on the big screen.
    Overall great show never grows old
    peace
  • Very funny show. I like it.

I like the show mainly because it is hilarious. I think Pee-Wee is the funniest character in the show. My favorite character besides Pee-Wee is Magic Screen. I like watching the connect-the-dots part of the show. I think that they put it on adult swim not to make fun of it but to entertain younger viewers who aren't supposed to be watching adult swim anyway (That's me) and adults because it is funny. My least favorite characters are Randy and Miss Yvonne. I dislike Randy because he is mean and he looks scary. I sometimes wish I could just rip his stupid little puppet head off and burn it. And I dislike Miss Yvonne because she thinks she's hot. (she's not!)
< 1 2