Penn & Teller: Bullshit! Forums

Showtime (ended 2010)

Penn and Teller MUST do a Moonlanding episode.

nanabasher999

[1]May 5, 2006
    • level: 3
    Who agreees? Ive seen almost every moonlanding video there is and all the documentaries. The moonlanding is fake.
    Fox specials, a funny thing happened on the way to the moon, astronauts gone wild all prove it was fake. I hope penn and teller make a episode on this. THEY clearly couldnt get past the radiation belts in 1998, so how could they do it in 1969????

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

N0rton

[2]May 7, 2006
    • level: 1
    Probarly because the moonlanding wasn't fake...

24Gamer

[3]May 9, 2006
    • level: 6
    think youll find that the conspiricy episode shows how BS the evidence AGAINST the moonlanding is.

Vedran_Kurama

[4]May 14, 2006
    • level: 16
    I'm tired of the History, National Geographic and Discovery Channel...every time they present a "conspiracy theory" they rarely have boths sides explained (those of the theoriests and skeptics).

24Gamer

[5]May 15, 2006
    Vedran_Kurama wrote:
    I'm tired of the History, National Geographic and Discovery Channel...every time they present a "conspiracy theory" they rarely have boths sides explained (those of the theoriests and skeptics).

well i hope they only show the side of the skeptics cuz the theoriests are douche bags

ckn

[6]May 16, 2006
    • level: 2
    now to believe in something doesn't mean your a douche bag ...

and Yes 24Gamer is correct, they have already talked about this in the Conspiracy episode

darKnightCreed

[7]May 29, 2006
    • level: 7

nanabasher999 wrote:
    Who agreees? Ive seen almost every moonlanding video there is and all the documentaries. The moonlanding is fake.
    Fox specials, a funny thing happened on the way to the moon, astronauts gone wild all prove it was fake. I hope penn and teller make a episode on this. THEY clearly couldnt get past the radiation belts in 1998, so how could they do it in 1969????

either you do not actually see this show or you have short term memory loss problems. they already debunked an ididot who sais the moonlanding is fake on the conspiracy theory episode, thus your post is meaningless

the radiation belt also known as Van Allen radiation belt is totally passible now and in 1969 the trick is armored ship that passes through the belt really fast minimizing the ezposure plus the astronauts did suffer some minor disorientation attributed to radiation exposure.also years after the landing it wa found that both astornauts have early stage cataracts which is also attributed to radiation exposure.

here is a link where a trusted astronomer cites professor van allen himself that the discoverer of the belt does think that passing the belt is possible and that it did happen.
    please do alittle research on the matter:
    here is a good place to start: wikipedia

Vedran_Kurama

[8]May 30, 2006
    nanabasher999 wrote:

If you take the time to reaserch it you will find the answer, you can't present a case against the moon landing by reading a conspiracy theorists website.

thrice316

[9]Apr 6, 2007
    they did it on the conspiracy episode, which was their worst episode because they were completely wrong on 9/11

chaz_almasy

[10]Apr 11, 2007
    and u state that because???? u have a whole team of well paid unbiased researchers working for u to uncover the truth?? or cause ur one of the a**holes they made fun of in the show?

osa420

[11]May 8, 2007
    9/11 conspiracies are the worst kind of bulls*** out there. I would say that most of the world witnessed it happening right in front of them on TV. I have yet to hear one bit of conspiracy regarding 9/11 that holds any weight.

Orcuss

[12]May 9, 2007
    • level: 8

Please, before you start spewing paranoid nonsense about fake moon landings, go ask a real scientist about the retroreflectors there. Anyone can take a laser, point it at the reflector and measure the returned signal, which incidentally is how we now precisely how far away the moon is.

Either NASA's astronauts put it there in 1969 or there's a civilisation of invisible aliens on the moon mischievously, reliably and impossibly accurately firing lasers at us whenever we fire one at them. I'm afraid the only people that still believe the moon landings were faked are ignorant, insane or just plain lying. People trying to sell books, promote movies etc. usually fall into the latter category.

If you still need convincing and don't have access to grown-ups with lasers then I'm sure you could find more information all over the web that should help put your mind at rest about one of mankind's greatest achievements. A quick google turned up this.

There are real conspiracies to be investigated - ones that affect all of us every day. All these genuinely important conspiracies are critically undermined every time some crackpot talks about faked moon landings, alien abductions etc.

Fitzycent

[13]Jun 3, 2007
    I would imagine it's on the way, they seem to be taking wacko conspiracy theory one at a time.

lbcyber

[14]Jun 4, 2007
    • level: 10

It isn't a matter of time, because they already covered the topic in their conspiracy episode.  Granted, only a third of the episode dealt with the topic, but they believe (as do I) that such stupidity isn't worth an entire show.

If you need to see the moon landing conspiracy theory crushed bit by bit, visit Phil Plait's wonderful website at  www.badastronomy.com.  Phil Plait, wouldn't you know it, appears in the conspiracy theory episode.  I'd also recommend (to those who haven't) to check out Penn's (now defunct) podcast in which he had Phil Plait and Joe Rogan duke it out over the veracity of the moon landing conspiracy:

Part I

Part II

Part I dealt only with the science, in which Phil Plait absolutely demolished Rogan's arguments.  Part II dealt with the historical context, in which Rogan had a clear advantage (Plait is a scientist, not a historian).

If PennRadio hadn't been cancelled, there would've been a Part III, however the bottom line that was reached is that despite conspiracy theories being able to fit into historical circumstances, the science is absolute, and certainly is proof enough that the conspiracy is bunk.  You can find Plait's blog post on the aftermath (as well as a link to Rogan's and others' here.)

There.  Now you don't have to ask P&T to waste more time on the subject.

BuzzDroid

[15]Jul 12, 2007
    • level: 2

Apreciating all the conrete evidence i can get against these conspiracy nuts, cause i seem to be surrounded by them.

And they seriously can't listen to any sort of reasonal logical thinking.

karirafn

[16]Jul 31, 2007
    • level: 3
    BuzzDroid wrote:

And they seriously can't listen to any sort of reasonal logical thinking.

It seems to be like that with people who think believing in stuff makes it real, they don't listen to reason.

reddawnchild

[17]Sep 16, 2007
    • level: 8

Alot of Capricorn One Fans out there. On Penn's radio show he often mocked people who believed that the moonlanding was fake. In one episode he mentions his time hanging out with the astronauts.It just won't happen. Maybe Fox would do something that rediculous,

oh wait they did.

Edited on 09/16/2007 5:04am

thrice316

[18]Dec 16, 2007
    then i guess you havent heard any of the testimonies from first responders about explosions going off on the bottom floors of the buildings or how theyre was a countdown on the radios as building 7 fell, a building that was not hit by an airplane, yet still collapsed. speaking of collapsing, how about the many physics, engeneering, architectural experts that make up the truth movement who stated that there is no way the buildings could collapse the way they did unless there were controlled demolitions, even the NIST, a government agency, couldnt explain how the towers fell completely from just an airplane collision. and if you want to mention that bs about how steel weakens at certain temperatures and doesnt have to melt, then explain to me why puddles of melted steel were found, as reported by the NY times. i could be here for hours giving you evidence of how the offical story of 9/11 is crap, about the war games, about the fake bin laden tapes, etc,etc,etc. you obviously know how to use the internet, how about you use it to find the truth, and not just what the corporate media wants you to believe. and look at the legitimate websites, not like on this **** show where they pick a few nut jobs to represent a group as a whole, like they always do. but if you dont want to research it, fine, keep your head up your ass, believing it was just a coincedence how our whole airspace defense had a brain relapse right at that time, and how the elitists and the government they run happened to get everything they wanted from this incident, from an excuse to go to war to the steady erosion of our civil liberties. stop being so naive, unlike most of the 9/11 victims families who are demanding a new investigation

The_Womp

[19]Dec 30, 2007
    • level: 23

I REALLY hope to God you're just kidding, and not basing your 'evidence' on one poorly-made documentary.

As a matter of fact, I DID do some research on the internet:

http://wtc.nist.gov/pubs/factsheets/faqs_8_2006.htm

http://www.popularmechanics.com/technology/military_law/1227842.html

http://www.loosechangeguide.com/LooseChangeGuide.html

Or better yet, because I'm guessing reading all of those FACTS (because these are actually facts, not your definition of them) would be too difficult for you, and you'd prefer a poorly made documentary that only considers, um, 'evidence' that supports their crackpot theories (not scientific theories, mind you), then I'll let this wise man seriously pwn you enough to make you SHUT THE HELL UP once and for all!

http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net/c.cgi?u=911_morons

Enjoy.

(And like I said before, I REALLY hope you're just kidding).

furiousfunk

[20]Feb 13, 2008
    • level: 13
    The moonlanding was real, anyone that thinks it was fake is insane. The Russians monitored the entire voyage, if it was fake they'd have been the first ones to point it out since they wanted to get there first. These 9/11 conspiracies are not as clear-cut. There is the odd building 7 collapse and the video of the Pentagon impact that is clearly not a jet although we cannot trust the video not being a shadow or a bird. I think they need to hit that subject again and explain these anomolies and put a stop to the idiocy once and for all.