Penn & Teller: Bullshit! Forums

Showtime (ended 2010)

What topics shoud Penn and Teller cover in season 6?

Richiebcfc25

[21]Dec 14, 2007
    • level: 47
    hrgbennet wrote:
    Ramadan1978 wrote:

Mm... I'd like to see P&T bash Xenophobes at some point.

I don't know what that word means, but I don't like it!

a xenophobe is someone who doesnt like people from another country or race or culture

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

hrgbennet

[22]Dec 15, 2007
    • level: 1
    Richie Rich wrote:
    hrgbennet wrote:
    Ramadan1978 wrote:

a xenophobe is someone who doesnt like people from another country or race or culture

Sarcasm, yo!

Richiebcfc25

[23]Dec 16, 2007
    hrgbennet wrote:
    Richie Rich wrote:
    hrgbennet wrote:
    Ramadan1978 wrote:

Sarcasm, yo!

i fell for that one didnt i

DegrassiGAL

[24]Dec 16, 2007
    • level: 6

I would love an episode on This whole Video Games cause violence crap seriously and I would also love for the Penn and Teller Rip Jack Thompson on the show that would be awesome.

jopy666

[25]Dec 19, 2007
    • level: 12

They should definitely do a show on the Bush/Cheney administration, and especially how they use "spin" to obfuscate the truth and attack enemies. There are so many topics these guys could do a whole season on them and not touch half of the bs the administration & fox news spit out. It would be a veritable treasure trove of bs for P&T to say the least.

Smokin32

[26]Jan 1, 2008
    • level: 9
    Id love to see something done on risk assessing chemicals. There are all these doom and gloom type of "reports" and beliefs on pesticides and hevey metals that its got all kind of pepoel scared BSless

lbcyber

[27]Jan 11, 2008
    • level: 10

jopy666 wrote:
    They should definitely do a show on the Bush/Cheney administration, and especially how they use "spin" to obfuscate the truth and attack enemies. There are so many topics these guys could do a whole season on them and not touch half of the bs the administration & fox news spit out. It would be a veritable treasure trove of bs for P&T to say the least.

I detest the current administration as much as the other guy, but their use of spin doesn't quite separate them from anybody else in politics.

Besides, it's not like you need someone to tell you that politicians and pundits are consistently full of it.

Torish_Sisko

[28]Feb 2, 2008
    • level: 24
    Islam

Richiebcfc25

[29]Feb 3, 2008
    Torish_Sisko wrote:
    Islam
    that would be a brilliant episode but i dont think P&T have got the guts to do it

LexiD523

[30]Feb 18, 2008
    • level: 3
    I'd like to see them debunk myths about gender and sexual orientation-- you know the stuff: Women are "biologically" inclined to suck at math, gay men have more "feminine" brains, etc. The whole "nature vs. nurture" thing Who knows, they might find out some of that's actually true!

PikeBishop

[31]Feb 21, 2008
    • level: 31
    I agree with the above poster who argued for "ISLAM" but how about the ulitmate prize, the ulitmate bull s**t issue? They would have to do a two hour special on GLOBAL WARMING!

jopy666

[32]Mar 7, 2008
    • level: 12
    PikeBishop wrote:
    I agree with the above poster who argued for "ISLAM" but how about the ulitmate prize, the ulitmate bull s**t issue? They would have to do a two hour special on GLOBAL WARMING!
    Yes, and right after that they could do an episode about how Evolution is a myth, then they could do one proving that everything Rush Limbaugh said is true, and another one about Jesus really having been a rich white man who loves guns and war! I'm sure P&T will be right on that one!

dust2

[33]Mar 12, 2008
    • level: 11
    AS long as they attack religion at least once I will be happy.

PikeBishop

[34]Mar 19, 2008
    • level: 31

jopy666 wrote:
    PikeBishop wrote:
    Yes, and right after that they could do an episode about how Evolution is a myth, then they could do one proving that everything Rush Limbaugh said is true, and another one about Jesus really having been a rich white man who loves guns and war! I'm sure P&T will be right on that one!

Wow, what great logic there! So many straw men it constitutes a fire hazard. I want to see them do a show on GW, what does that have to do with anything you mentioned?

W4R3Z-4-L1F3

[35]Apr 3, 2008
    • level: 5
    At least one religion episode would be cool, plus I would really like The Secret to be called on its BS by P&T.

cliff666

[36]Apr 4, 2008
    i think they need to cover the FED, or maybe TRUE capitalism. i hate talking to my liberal friends(commies) and the say how evil america is because it is a capitalist nation. they just don't seem to get that no nation has ever been capitalist, none.

brumanpb

[37]Apr 6, 2008
    Anti Perspirant and Deodorant sticks. I'm just bought a stick of Sure unscented antiperspirant/deodorant and my underarms are still sweaty and stanky! And on top of all that, I'm going to get Alzheimer's because of the aluminum!!! ARGGHH BULLSH*!!!!

Juddlebug

[38]Apr 6, 2008
    Okay,this is bound to get some folks bowels in an uproar,but the truth is that the most dangerous,and least challenged form of hysteria inspired B.S. in today's society are SEX OFFENDER LAWS. When our world has gotten to the place to were a six year old is being accused of sexual harassment,an 18 year old is charged with RAPE after having consensual sex with a 17 year old,and people who take a careless piss behind a dumpster are forced to register as sex offenders and are REQUIRED to attend junk science counseling classes right along side rapists and pedophiles-THAT is some serious kind of B.S. ! With Penn's sex positive outlook and brass balls approach to everything,it might happen.But I can't say that I would blame him if he didn't tackle the topic.

Father_Time89

[39]Apr 10, 2008
    • level: 2

As someone said before the notion that violent video games cause real violence is complete and total **** and i would LOVE to see them do an episode about it. Although I DON'T want to see Jack Thompson in it. Why? Because Jack Thompson is simply a lawyer with a huge axe to grind against the industry. He's not a psychologist he's not a school shooting expert, he's not an expert on anything game-realted and he's never won a single one of his anti-gaming cases. Besides proving that Jack Thompson is wacky is not hard in the slightest.

I would also like to see an episode on sex offenders and pedos. In some places the sexual offender laws are so vague that streakers get the same treatment as actual molesters. Perhaps Penn and Teller can point out that pedos has been around since ancient greece and rome (no really).

Islam would also be good, perhaps they can take aim at the notion that Islam is a peaceful nation.

I also think they should take shots at the driniking age and abortion myths.

Now when I say abortion myths I don't want them to take a pro-choice side, I just want them to lay out the actual stages a fetus goes through, when it gets brain function when it can be considered sentinent etc. The things I hear about this from both sides are staggering and so very very contradicting.

Juddlebug

[40]Apr 12, 2008
    My only problem with P&T taking on religion at all is that they have done it so much both on the show and outside of it. Everyone knows that Penn is an atheist,so it would kinda be like beating a dead horse with a whip made of frayed yarn.

I could honestly see the sex offender episode becoming one of the most watched,talked about events in television for a long time if it happened,and I could also see it doing some good,assuming that the audience was more critically thinking and intellectually honest than the majority of the hysterical herd public.