Penn & Teller: Bullshit!

Numbers

Aired Monday 10:00 PM May 29, 2006 on Showtime

7.7
  • Penn and Teller examine the problems associated with numbers. Through examples and situations, they discredit the use and purpose of numbers. While disclosing that numbers do not lie, they do manage to include the way numbers can be skewed and presented b

This episode was quite boring and ineffective in giving solutions to the problems. I usually enjoy watching the \"BS\" series, but this episode did nothing for me. The show definitely complains a lot, but it never offers any solid solutions to problems. While numbers are used and played with by statisticians and pollsters, there seems to be no better way to handle it. Representation in a large democracy is quite difficult without the use of BS numbers for shorthand use and understanding. There is no objectivity! And I don\\\'t know about the rest of you, but I know that already!
  • Wasn't that entertaining

Who cares about numbers.. Really.

I almost fell asleep watching this episode.
    Even though there was information about how much numbers are BS, and I just didn't care. Yes winning the jackpot is nearly impossible, and using numbers is to steal money is obvious also. But why would I care? I just don't.. And probably never will.