Penn & Teller: Bullshit!

The Death Penalty

Aired Monday 10:00 PM Apr 17, 2006 on Showtime

• Penn and Teller should stick to less subjective topics

5.5
    It seems this season, P&T are getting far more political then in season past. They are at their best when they are tearing apart subjects that are clearly 100% complete and total nonsense like Psychics, Bigfoot, or Aliens. Subjects like the Death Penelty or Prostitution on the other hand, aren't quite as black and white as they seem to infer. At least in previous seasons, when they would tackle such controversial topics as global warming, recycling, and the war on drugs, they would take the other sides argument as being at least somewhat legitimate. This season, it seems that they are going in the completely opposite direction, and getting totally in your face on topics which are a matter of opinion, not fact. At least they made interesting and valid points about the environment, and drug legalization, but I personally thought they were completely off base here as far as the death penelty is concerned. I suppose whether or not you enjoy these types of episodes depends on what your stance is on the subject, but I just couldn't agree here.