A Penny Dreadful Community
Showtime (ended 2016)
I'll do my best to keep my composure, but in case you didn't know, I'm a nerd that prefers the absurd

Much like last week, I just wanna make clear, I don't do reviews...or haven't you heard?

It's not that I can't, it's that I don't want to...I just simply prefer to try something new

So. In the spirit of full disclosure, for the better or the worse, this week my word will be strictly in verse

For a second week, Penny came near me, strapped me in for a ride and spoke clearly, "You get by now, I'm not for the meek, right?"

I couldn't help but smile at her charm

I said, "Hell yeah. You know what I seek...bring on the gaslight"

Next thing I knew, I was in a park, & although it was dark

The first thing she shows me is a prostitutes severed arm

Next, there was Ethan, coming to from a blackout.

Popular theory is he may be a wolf, & that idea has clout

The thing is though, it seems to me,

There's much more to it than simple Lycanthopy

...We'll just have to wait & see, really

Now, what can I say about Dorian Gray?

To be fair, I'd describe him as a hedonist extraordinaire...into sex, blood & rot,

You either want him or want to be him

Honestly, either way, do you not?

Off we go to the lives of Malcolm & Miss Ives

At the seance...were you surprised?

Vanessa had a fit during her bit, & I tried to find a word to describe it

Was it sublime, or exquisite?

Ultimately, most consider it brilliant, & I think likewise

Finally, a word on Victor and his creature,

I liked Proteus & seeing Victor as his teacher

I took to heart the moment he was ripped apart, and my stomach churned as the prodigal son returned

But ultimately, Adam's rage is a product of neglect

With the benefit of hindsight, honestly, what else could the doctor expect?

When the credits rolled by the end, I realized I achieved a state of Morbid Zen

Penny kissed me & asked, "Next week? Again?"

I smiled & said back, "Yeah. I'll see you then"
16 Comments
Comments (16)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
Great review. Marburg, well done.
Flag
I read it with rap sound in my head and it worked! Great read! Thanks.
Flag
Oh sweet Jeebus. Rolamb is rapping again.

The Hip Hop-O-Potomous
Flag
Ok. great?! wait.. verse? Anyway I like what you did above. Very refreshing. And a good idea how to progress your love story with Penny. I'm just wondering, did showtime release an advance viewing for episode 1 and 2? i viewed it erlier than the sunday slot. now I'm bored waiting for the sunday.
Flag
Oh, Hey! sorry for the delay, but apparently my mind's gone soft & I neglected to mention Brona Croft:

On the baseline, she seems like a good time.

I know her accent seems low rent, & when she was a couple with Doian, it was shot with a body double,

but on the bottom line, her dialect was mostly correct,

& with that, I'm more than OK fine
Flag
Very good effort and greatly enjoyable. I hate horror, but I glimpsed through the first two episodes and may glimpse again in the future.
Flag
I love your eloquence and enthusiasm! It is most refreshing and always a pleasure - just like this show... Keep on going with the "not reviewing-thingie"!
Flag

Very cool read, just like this show. I've never thought that Josh Hartnett is a very capable actor but thus far on this show, don't mind him. I am of the 'love to love' Billie Piper school but always enjoy seeing the 'love-to-hate' hers coming out of the woodwork when she is working. I'm loving this show because its actually scary. (That and I'll never quit Prince Barin (Timothy Dalton) 'cause he got Ornella Muti in the greatest film ever made.......... that had a Queen soundtrack.)

Flag
I think Highlander offers some competition there...
Flag
Wait a sec. 'Highlander' was a pretty great movie and had some great 'Queen' in the soundtrack but 'Flash Gordon' was something completely different. It was the 'Grand Funk Railroad' of movies. Critics HATED it but the people who saw it, and A LOT of people saw it, loved it. :) :)
Flag
You could say the same about Highlander... ;)
Flag
OK I will admit I stand corrected. You both are right but I refuse to give up my love for the white Sam Jones ---

this guy (who was BY FAR the best thing about Seth McFarlane's talking teddy bear movie 'Ted'):

But to stay on point and realizing I may stand corrected:

Peace!

Flag
This comment has been removed.
Flag
You guys can keep arguing back and forth but there can be only one.

Got to use that joke twice this week.
Flag
you have the best dates!!
I love the refreshingly unique yet highly entertaining dating escapades of Marburg66.
well written, my friend!
Flag
It could be the peppermint kush, but I totally enjoyed this...
Thanks, Burg!
Flag
Follow this Show
Members