TV.com will be making some changes to our user base starting Feb 25, 2015. For more information click here

A Penny Dreadful Community
Sunday 10:00 PM on Showtime (Returning May 3, 2015)
Story
Feb 07, 2015
Not "dreadful" At All
Every once in a while, a television series catches me completely by surprise. Just for the purpose of comparison, I highly anticipated "The Leftovers" , for no other reason than it would appear on HBO, the premiere channel for outstanding shows. Let us just say I was disappointed. Then I heard about "Penny Dreadful" and I always give the benefit of the doubt to original series on premium networks. Couple this with fact that Showtime allowed non-subscribers to view episode one last spring - so I watched it. I should say I watched only about a half of it and decided I this was a "one-note" derivative series, not worthy of further viewing. But you see, I was wrong - this turned out to be the outstanding series.
How was I able to change my mind. I am a fan of binge-watching, and any way I can (even borrowing full-season DVD's from ...Read more
staff
re-mark your calendars
Feb 06, 2015
Showtime Is Delaying Penny Dreadful's Season 2 Premiere
The network has rescheduled the debut of its monster mash-up's second season.
staff
it's gonna be a bloodbath!
Jan 13, 2015
Penny Dreadful: Watch the Full-Length Season 2 Trailer... IF YOU DARE! (VIDEO)
Meet the new evil in this two-minute look at Showtime's Victorian horror.
staff
who needs a date?
Jan 12, 2015
Showtime Schedules Premieres for Penny Dreadful, Nurse Jackie, and New Comedy Happyish
Basically don't plan on doing anything in April except watching TV.
staff
Story
Dec 28, 2014
Penny Dreadful S1E1 "Night Work" Photo Recap
pd1a (32)

Hey there Dreadfuls,

Warning for spoilers, dark humor and possibly disturbing content.

Also, even though I've already recapped the later episodes, I will be pretending I have no idea what's going on, so bear with me.

The first episode began with us sharing an intimate moment with a ...Read more
staff
marathon fan
Dec 23, 2014
The Great Midseason TV Cram (2015 Edition): 10 Shows to Catch Up On During the Holiday Hiatus
The TV schedule will be packed again before you know it, so now's the time to prepare for the onslaught by catching up on soon-to-return shows.
staff
the year in tv
Dec 09, 2014
TV.com's Best of 2014: The Best Genre Shows
Get ready to share the spotlight, Game of Thrones, there's a lot of genre TV out there that's just as worthy as your special brand of dragon.
staff
the year in TV
Dec 03, 2014
TV.com's Best of 2014: The Best New Cable (and Streaming!) Dramas
Detectives! Monsters! Kilts! Television got even better in 2014, thanks to these radical newcomers.
staff
new bffs
Aug 01, 2014
The 11 Best New TV Characters of the Summer (and Late Spring)
Our new favorite TV friends include a demon-possessed wackjob, and exiled Mennonite, a fraud of a science teacher, a bunch of programming nerds, and more.
Follow this Show
Members
Episode 8 Season 1
Grand Guignol
Aired
Episode 7 Season 1
Possession
Aired
Episode 6 Season 1
What Death Can Join Together
Aired
Episode 5 Season 1
Closer Than Sisters
Aired
Episode 4 Season 1
Demimonde
Aired
Dorian Gray
Sir Malcolm Murray
Vanessa Ives
The Creature
Brona Croft

Some of literature's most terrifying characters, including Dr. Frankenstein, Dorian Gray, and iconic figures from the novel Dracula are lurking in the darkest corners of Victorian London. Penny Dreadful is a frightening psychological thriller that weaves together these classic horror origin stories into a new adult drama.