A Penny Dreadful Community
Showtime (ended 2016)
staff
It's over
Jun 21, 2016
​Penny Dreadful Series Finale Review: Unhappily Ever After (PHOTO RECAP)
The series ends surprisingly... and maybe like it was late for a dinner reservation?
staff
Penny Dreadful Is Officially Over, Creator Confirms

Josh Hartnett and Eva Green, Penny Dreadful | Photo Credits: Patrick Redmond, Patrick Redmond/SHOWTIME

[Warning: The following article contains spoilers about Sunday's episode of Penny Dreadful. Read at your own risk!]

Penny Dreadful is no more.

The Showtime horror series ended its run after three seasons with a surprise series finale Sunday night. The Season 3 finale doubled as a series finale, ending ...

Read more
staff
boyfriend material
Jun 14, 2016
Penny Dreadful “Ebb Tide” Review: The Boyfriend Experience (PHOTO RECAP)
Lily's all-hooker army hit a snag, while Vanessa finally learned the truth about her blood-eating boyfriend!
Story
Jun 12, 2016
Penny Dreadful, 3x06 "No Beast So Fierce" Photo Recap
Hello my precious dreadfuls!

(Let's continue from the previous episode because I want to share the excitement with everyone. I promise I'll complete the rest of the season after the finale.)

So let's have a quick "previously on Penny Dreadful"

Vanessa had a date with a cute ...Read more
Story
Jun 01, 2016
Penny Dreadful “And Hell Itself My Only Foe” Recap
Hello my dear Dreadfuls!

This episode opens with a beautiful Ethan sleeping peacefully.
vlcsnap-2016-05-31-22h52m00s753
And this guy wakes him up.

vlcsnap-2016-05-31-22h52m02s333vlcsnap-2016-05-31-22h52m09s426vlcsnap-2016-05-31-22h52m15s393
Everybody has a crush on Ethan Chandler but this guy took things a bit too far by stalking him.

And then he has the nerve to point a gun at Vanessa ...Read more
staff
grander guignol
May 30, 2016
Penny Dreadful "This World Is Our Hell" Review: Disgust in the Dust (PHOTO RECAP)
Ethan's on the run in the Wild West, but is it from deputies, his surrogate fathers, or his own demons? All three, guys.
Story
May 30, 2016
Penny Dreadful, 2×08 “Memento Mori” Photo Recap
Hello Beautiful Dreadfuls!

Memento Mori opens with Lily lovingly talking to her one night stand, who's busy being dead.

vlcsnap-2016-05-27-17h04m12s153 vlcsnap-2016-05-27-17h04m20s851

"You're a very silly boy. That's what I like about you. Men should always remain boys at heart. Filled with childish games, with Snakes and Ladders and blindman ...
Read more
staff
grander guignol
May 24, 2016
Penny Dreadful "A Blade of Grass" Review: Psych Ward Blues (PHOTO RECAP)
Patti LuPone helped Vanessa remember the time she was in a psych ward and had spent some quality time with The Devil and his bro Dracula. Great memories, in other words.
staff
grander guignol
May 17, 2016
Penny Dreadful "Good and Evil Braided Be" Review: Stickier Situations (PHOTO RECAP)
This week Vanessa learned an unpleasant truth her past, and at least three characters enjoyed a blood-soaked orgy!
staff
grander guignol
May 09, 2016
Penny Dreadful "Predators Far and Near" Review: Critical Massacre (PHOTO RECAP)
This week's episode caught us up with what Lily and Dorian have been doing since last season. (Amazingness basically.)
Follow this Show
Members
Episode 9 Season 3
The Blessed Dark
Aired
Episode 8 Season 3
Perpetual Night
Aired
Episode 7 Season 3
Ebb Tide
Aired
Episode 6 Season 3
No Beast So Fierce
Aired
Episode 5 Season 3
This World Is Our Hell
Aired
Dorian Gray
Sir Malcolm Murray
Vanessa Ives
The Creature
Dr. Seward

Some of literature's most terrifying characters, including Dr. Frankenstein, Dorian Gray, and iconic figures from the novel Dracula are lurking in the darkest corners of Victorian London. Penny Dreadful is a frightening psychological thriller that weaves together these classic horror origin stories into a new adult drama.