Pepper Ann Forums

ABC (ended 2000)

just curious

dancingthejig

[61]Jun 14, 2006
    • level: 5
    no i havent. so i didnt say it was bad or anything. im just in love with rent so i doubt i would think its the best. isnt the movie a musical? i did like rent the movie way better than what ive seen of rent on broadway but mostly because i dont like the voice of the original mimi.so i guess i should say its the best musical just maybe not necessarily broadway musical. wow that was longer than intended
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

melonhead37

[62]Jun 14, 2006
    • level: 16

dancingthejig wrote:
    no i havent. so i didnt say it was bad or anything. im just in love with rent so i doubt i would think its the best. isnt the movie a musical? i did like rent the movie way better than what ive seen of rent on broadway but mostly because i dont like the voice of the original mimi.so i guess i should say its the best musical just maybe not necessarily broadway musical. wow that was longer than intended

I'm in love with Hairspray and Wicked!!! and the 1962 corvette (quick Bob get the children in the corvette, it's obviously 1962)  There was an original Hairspray movie that was made in 1988, but there will be a new movie coming out in Summer of 2007.  I am not afraid to admit that I'm a Hairspray addict...and Wicked...but anyhow, Amanda Bynes is supposed to play Penny, but I can't imagine her doing that...and do you know who Brittany Snow is?

dancingthejig

[63]Jun 15, 2006
    the name sounds familiar but i cant picture her
    my editor did a review on Wicked and she loved it
    I'm in love with Rent and Singin' in the Rain (though that never went broadway lol).
    i have no idea who penny is so i dont know if amanda bynes would be good at it

and789

[64]Jun 17, 2006
    • level: 8
    pepper ann rules

melonhead37

[65]Jun 17, 2006

dancingthejig wrote:
    the name sounds familiar but i cant picture her my editor did a review on Wicked and she loved it I'm in love with Rent and Singin' in the Rain (though that never went broadway lol). i have no idea who penny is so i dont know if amanda bynes would be good at it

Oh well, but still...what is Singin' in the Rain about?

dancingthejig

[66]Jun 18, 2006
    omgosh youve never seen singin in the rain!!! oh well its an oldie. gene kelly, donald o'connor, and debbie reynolds are in it. this guy "Don Lockwood" (kelly's role) is a huge silent movie actor but this during the time where sound was just discovered in movies. the producer decides to change don's current movie into a sound movie which turns out horrible but this girl helps them out. its pretty funny. and long. and a musical. but its worth it!

melonhead37

[67]Jun 20, 2006

dancingthejig wrote:
    omgosh youve never seen singin in the rain!!! oh well its an oldie. gene kelly, donald o'connor, and debbie reynolds are in it. this guy "Don Lockwood" (kelly's role) is a huge silent movie actor but this during the time where sound was just discovered in movies. the producer decides to change don's current movie into a sound movie which turns out horrible but this girl helps them out. its pretty funny. and long. and a musical. but its worth it!

sounds good...but how do you get pictures on your signiture...I mean, just look at mine, it is one of my failed attempts...

dancingthejig

[68]Jun 21, 2006
    haha poor you. um...go to the help thing cause i cant remember how i did it.
    you really need to see that movie. i guess i should see hairspray but i can only get the movie version. wat is hairspray about anyways? i hope its not just about a bunch of guys using alot of hairspray...

melonhead37

[69]Jun 26, 2006

dancingthejig wrote:
    haha poor you. um...go to the help thing cause i cant remember how i did it. you really need to see that movie. i guess i should see hairspray but i can only get the movie version. wat is hairspray about anyways? i hope its not just about a bunch of guys using alot of hairspray...

NOWAY!!! It's not JUST all guys...there are some girls that use hairspray...LOL anyway, it's about this girl, Tracy who's dream is to be on the Corny Collins Show (she's from Baltimore) but she is a bit overweight...so when Brenda (a girl on the cc council) leaves the show for a very suspicious nine months, somebody is needed to take her place (doesn't happen in movie, but still) so Tracy auditions and the cc council girls tease her because of her fatness (without the ph) and she is rejected, but her new found African American friend, Seaweed, teaches her some new moves to show off to everybody at the Sock Hop (Hair Hop) so then she finally gets the part.  Then, since it is 1962, there is still segregation so, she works hard to make everyday Negro Day...but my favorite character is Amber Von Tussle, who is da villain, and is completely and utterly prejudiced. That is a short summary go to: www.hairsprayonbroadway.com for full summary.

dancingthejig

[70]Jun 26, 2006
    sounds wierd. i think ive heard of one of hairspray's songs before called Hair. i hate the song but the movie doesnt sound too bad.
    wow good summary. im horrible at summaries. it took me awhile just to come up with the singing in the rain one and ive seen that a million times! lol. at least im better at movie summaries than i am at book summaries.

dancingthejig

[71]Jul 4, 2006
    Happy 4th of July!

melonhead37

[72]Jul 6, 2006

dancingthejig wrote:
    sounds wierd. i think ive heard of one of hairspray's songs before called Hair. i hate the song but the movie doesnt sound too bad. wow good summary. im horrible at summaries. it took me awhile just to come up with the singing in the rain one and ive seen that a million times! lol. at least im better at movie summaries than i am at book summaries.

There is no "Hair" song in Hairspray...I don't know what that song is from...and Happy 6th of July to you!!!

melonhead37

[73]Jul 6, 2006

dancingthejig wrote:
    Happy 4th of July!

Do you like Zac Efron...I don't know why I quoted this but right back at you...I HATE ZAC EFRON!!! I made a list of ways to torture and/or kill him...

dancingthejig

[74]Jul 6, 2006
    oh really? i thought there was a song about hair in the movie. oh well i guess i got it mixed up with something else.

you dont like zac efron!!!!!! y?? wow i love him! high school musical wasnt the best movie in the world but it was strangely addicting and zac is pretty cute.

melonhead37

[75]Jul 7, 2006

dancingthejig wrote:
    oh really? i thought there was a song about hair in the movie. oh well i guess i got it mixed up with something else. you dont like zac efron!!!!!! y?? wow i love him! high school musical wasnt the best movie in the world but it was strangely addicting and zac is pretty cute.

Zac is CuTe???? UGGG!!! I think he is one of the ugliest guys around...I mean, he basically has a unibrow...and he cannot act...he shows very little emotion, singing (lip) and acting.  Oh, and there is a song about hairSPRAY...but that's at the end and I know the song you are thinking of...and I HATE IT!!!!

dancingthejig

[76]Jul 8, 2006
    your a guy so you dont have much say in thinking he's cute or not. lol. and he is cute! way much better than the theater guy. and he can act better than half of disney's other stars (like everyone on Hannah Montana)
    well at least we agree on something. that song haunted me for like a year.

melonhead37

[77]Jul 8, 2006

dancingthejig wrote:
    your a guy so you dont have much say in thinking he's cute or not. lol. and he is cute! way much better than the theater guy. and he can act better than half of disney's other stars (like everyone on Hannah Montana) well at least we agree on something. that song haunted me for like a year.

me...a guy??? How rude...I'm no guy...I'm a girl....anyway...yeah...the actors on Hannah Montana stink...but so does Zac Efron...anyhow...what theater guy???

dancingthejig

[78]Jul 8, 2006
    O_o sorry. i assumed cause of ur icon thing.
    the theater guy from high school musical.
    he couldnt act and he was ugly.

dancingthejig

[79]Jul 8, 2006
    omgosh i cant believe u like lucus!!! eww! he was horrible. his "sister" was the only one worse than him!

TeemerDJ

[80]Jul 9, 2006
    • level: 12
    Look if anyone has any episodes of Pepper Ann i'd be willing to trade dvds or something. (Dont have any money)