A Perception Community
TNT (ended 2015)

TNT got busy on the Renewal Wagon today, ordering additional seasons of three of its summer series. Next summer you can look forward to more Rizzoli & Isles, more Major Crimes, and more Perception. All three orders were for 15 episodes apiece.

That means a fifth season for Rizzoli & Isles, which is currently basic cable's number-one series, averaging the most total viewers to date. The drama stars Angie Harmon and Sasha Alexander as a detective and a medical examiner solving crimes in Boston, and continues TNT's fine tradition of taking two names and squeezing an ampersand between them. 

Major Crimes will be back for Season 3. A spin-off of The Closer, the drama stars President Roslin Mary McDonnell as Los Angeles Police Captain Sharon Raydor as she and her crew of coppers clean up the streets. 

It will also be Season 3 for Perception, starring Eric McCormack as Dr. Daniel Pierce, a professor of neuroscience... who is also schizophrenic! Rachel Leigh Cook co-stars as the cute FBI agent who works with Pierce on cases. 

So the million-billion-dollar question is "Which one are you most excited for?" 

Previously Aired Episode

AIRED ON 3/17/2015

Run

Season 3 : Episode 15

94 Comments
Comments (96)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
I watch all three of these shows but only because there just isn't anything better at the time. They are good shows, but not great. they are lilghter weight shows than some, and that suits me just fine. I don't really care for the "dark and gritty" shows.

I have to say, though, that i think this is the weakest season for Rizzoli and Isles. Just seems . . . off to me and a couple of episodes have been just plain lame. I just read that Lee Thompson Young (Det Frost) has apparently commited suicide. My sympathies to his family and friends. I liked his character. I guess that will open a detective slot for Frankie.

Major Crimes? that stupid kid has got to go!

Perception? No major complaints and this would be my favorite among those three.

I would also like King & Maxwell to come back for a few seasons.

One last thing - NO MORE %^$##@ CATS!
Flag
King and Maxwell was better than I thought but it cut caught in what turned out to be a killer timeslot.. 10PM Mondays... The only hit network summer drama ( Under the Dome) against it along with a high quality-concept show like Longmire.. TNT has not had luck at the 10pm Monday timeslot... As for Franklin and Bash.. a fun show that is so lightweight it can really go... I would guess it's also more expenisve.. I wouldn't miss it.. Also K&M has a solid producer with Shane Brennan.. And far more interesting characters.. Keep it!!
Flag
Please, please, please, TV staff, can we have a cat GIF for every poll ? Thanks !
Flag
Or at least every time you give us bad news. You know, "hey folks, Happy Endings is dead, but here's a cat GIF".
Flag
Marvellous idea !
Flag
I watch Perception but i couldn't stop myself on clicking on the cat.
Flag
LeVar Burton with eyeballs! Count me in for Perception!
Flag
TNT renews 3 mediocre at best shows but cancels one of the best police shows ever Southland. http://youtu.be/YaG5SAw1n0c
Flag
I agree that Southland was one of the best cop shows ever without doubt, but also strongly disagree that the three renewed shows are mediocre.
Flag
So what about King & Maxwell??

I am pleased about the renewal of mentioned shows.
Flag
Major Crimes is IMO the stronger of the three but they're all very good and very different, wife and I enjoy them all. And yes King & Maxwell must be renewed it's awesome, even if I start every episode saying "poor Opie" ;)
Flag
I love Perception and I'm so glad it's renewed for another season.
Flag
LOVE perception, LOVE rizzoli & isles...now, are we getting king & maxwell??? if that's greenlit my summers are complete!
Flag
stoked about perception! after a kinda rough first season I felt like it came back really strong and surprisingly good. I regularly enjoy it a great deal.

I watch rizzoli and isles but I kinda lump it in with TNT shows that I consider mediocre at best like leverage and king and maxwell. just too flawed to ever be considered truly good IMO.
Flag
King & Maxwell mediocre? No way it's fluff but works very well at what it does and the 4 main characters (including Benny) all work well and have good chemistry.
Flag
I would rather hear about King & Maxwell. I enjoyed that show more than any of the ones renewed. Major Crimes has lost all it's umph from last summer. Perception is still pretty good. Rizzoli & Isles has it's moments. However, King & Maxwell was better than I expected it to be. The characters were pretty fleshed-out for a first season, and the chemistry was great. I hope that the show makes it back next summer.
Flag
I'm happy for all three.
Flag
Thrilled about Perception being renewed it's honestly my favorite show on basic cable, and when Dexter concludes it will be my favorite show on Cable.
Flag
Yay, Rizzoli and Isles and Perception. Two really good summer shows.
Flag
Yeay for Rizzoli & Isles!
Flag
Yay, one more season of Rizzoli and Isles for sure :)
Flag
i enjoy rizzoli and isles a lot. glad that it has been renewed!
Flag
Well, It's only Franklin & Bash and King & Maxwell, holds into the very ringer of their future...

If Franklin & Bash gets cancelled any chance?
Maybe Mark-Paul can guest on Melissa & Joey finally... He can come in as an lawyer still, helping out the fate of Lennox & Ryder's parents.
Flag
Rizzoli & Isles is so good on so many levels. I'm very happy, glad and elated that they have been renewed.

Major Crimes has also caught my eye too.

Thank you TNT! :)
Flag
Voting Major Crimes, I like all 3 shows and am not surprised that they were renewed, but Major Crimes has the most integrity of the trio. So what else is left to the fates at this point, Franklin & Bash, Falling Skies, and King & Maxwell?
Flag
Thanks JT_Kirk.. I am loving it :)
Flag
Now I am gonna give Major Crimes a try :)
Flag
This comment has been removed.
Flag
Falling Skies was renewed half way thru the season was even over....
If you miss the season finale? It said afterwards more Falling Skies next summer...
Flag
It's the only TNT show I don't watch, so I didn't know. That's cool, it's impressive how they can put on something so different from their normal fare, catch flak from the critics, and yet keep their faith in it. That's the opposite of Fox, and I think that's what makes audiences loyal - you don't get everybody to agree it's great, but you satisfy the specific audience by showing patience.

So it's F&B and K&M, huh?
Flag
That's Okay!
I totally understand...

I know TnT channel has ups and downs drama and crime broadcasting by ratings... It hard times get into their programming line-up... Not wondering if they're gotta get cancelled off the air.

So, I don't go directing by the show itself... I go by the stars of the show with great acting, trast and built of passion keep the show along with great ratings...

And I don't think Falling Skies is following into the normal drama and crime broadcast line-up on TnT... I think it's following into the same fate and footsteps as "The Walking Dead" is appears... That's way it's doing alot better than other programming on the channel network and renewed so fast than others also as well...

Yes, it's only Franklin & Bash and King & Maxwell!
Are both into the dark ringer of their future...
Flag
What about Franklin & Bash?
Flag
Cat GIF, For The Win
Flag
That's actually three very nice little shows that a like! YAY!
Flag
Hurray! Three of my favourites.
Flag
Are any of these worth watching? I'm generally into procedurals (I watch SVU, Castle, Rookie Blue, The Mentalist, Elementary, Blue Bloods, and so on...), and I prefer them with some kind of serialized story telling as well (Person of Interest is the best example I can think of and also the The Good WIfe if you can still call that a procedural). I watched the premiere of R&I when it aired and I don't remember it stunning me, has it gotten better? I don't know anything about The Closer or Major Crimes, and I thought Perception was the one on CBS about the cop who can remember everything she sees or whatever.
Flag
I'd recommend perception. I watch rizzoli & isles but wouldn't recommend it unless you're going for not very deep at all lighthearted fair that can become quite repetitive. and I don't watch major crimes because in general I don't consider TNT shows much of a draw.
Flag
You already like 1/3rd of TNT's shows, so I think your claim is inaccurate. ;)
Flag
Wow I really wasn't expecting this much help! Thank you guys (I hope this comes up in your notifications!) I'm going to give The Closer/Major Crimes a shot and then Perception and then R&I. There's no way I need more TV on my schedule, but I always want to watch everything so here I go!
Flag
Procedurals are not my first choice of show (with a couple exceptions like Person of Interest & Major Crimes) but I enjoy them well enough when there's nothing else on. I had never seen The Closer but when it started playing in late night syndication I caught a few eps- I was surprised at how good it was & quickly became hooked.

It is a procedural with stand-alone murder plots but there are also some continuing arcs & themes. It can get pretty dark in some episodes but also has light-hearted moments, even entire episodes that are humorous. The cast is very good, particularly Kyra Sedgwick who earned all the praise she received for the role. Major Crimes has continued that tradition, and added an even deeper continuing plotline. I look forward to it every week.

I can't speak to the other two shows but given the shows you said you enjoy, I think you would quite like Major Crimes & The Closer.
Flag
These shows are like the CBS procedurals in some ways, never poor production values and generally satisfying conclusions to the mystery of the week, but rarely aiming high. There is a little more silliness a la The Mentalist and Elementary's lighter aspects, probably not quite with Castle's level, but they can also get serious. Major Crimes has a single serialized story slowly unfolding in the regular B-plot; Rizzoli & Isles focused on serialized character stories and one mystery early on but has since gotten lighter and has recurring characters' story elements; Perception has made the main character's mental illness a serialized story element that has intentional ebb and flow. None of them reach The Good Wife's serialization though, and I can't judge on POI simply for not having seen it yet.

R&I is the lightest of the trio usually, Major Crimes the darkest.

Major Crimes is a spin-off of The Closer, which was really good, keeping everybody in the Major Crimes division except the main character, and adding a couple new cast members, one a newer detective and the other a teen runaway who witnessed a crime and is living with the main character until he testifies, giving it a home story.

You're thinking of Unforgettable with the cop who remembers everything, ironically. Perception is about a neuropsychiatrist professor whose former student, now an FBI agent, brings him in to assist in tricky mental-issue-related cases, and the professor (Eric McCormack) is a fidgety schizophrenic with occasional hallucinations that can hinder and help and confuse his role in investigations.
More +
Flag
I enjoy Perception. The classroom segments, where Daniel teaches, are wonderfully done (e.g. the opening and closing of each episode).
Flag
The one with cop that remembers everything, maybe you mean The Finder? Not that it was around for long
Flag
I think she? meant Unforgettable.
Flag
Of course, forgot about that
Flag
How...ironic.
Flag
Yeah unforgettable!
Flag
Major Crimes is for you, then.
Flag
I don't know about Major Crimes, I only watched the first episode and it felt you had to have watched The Closer to understand what was going on so didn't bother with episode two.
Flag
Is the closer any good? I'd be down to watch both!
Flag
It's excellent. Major Crimes was reliant in the first few episodes to The Closer, but quickly grew out of that.
Flag
All of them.I admit I'm biased but if you want a procedural with a difference,try Perception. Eric McCormack is fabulous in it.
Flag
Yay Major Crimes! I haven't seen either of the other two, they strike me as meh at best but I love MC. Mary McDonnell is always wonderful, one of my faves, but I enjoy everyone in the cast since The Closer days. What has really surprised me though is Rusty...he has come to be one of my favorites. The actor has managed to make him seem like a teenager & yet still be sympathetic and not annoying. I've really enjoyed watching his storyline play out & love his dynamic with Capt. Raydor and the others in the squad.
Flag
When Rizzoli & Isles began a few years back, Harmon said in an interview that her work situation prior to getting the role was so bad that she was about to quit acting. The Rizzoli & Isles gig came at the last moment. If she hadn't gotten it, she would have been done with the business. And now the show is getting its fifth season. Funny how things go. Then again, she hasn't done anything else but Rizzoli & Isles during the last four years, so her overall work situation hasn't improved that much.
Flag
Who wouldn't hire Angie if given the chance? I don't get Hollywood sometimes.
Flag
Franklin & Bash has been down this season, and with those new high-concept shows premiering next year, it's most likely over now.

On the other hand, King & Maxwell should be a lock.
Flag
I'm happy about K&M. I watched this season and generally enjoyed it. I wasn't that into the assassination plot but that's ok. I hadn't really heard anyone talking about it though so I assumed it was going to be a one and done kind of thing.
Flag
Greats News. Love R&I and Perception.
Flag
I think I've officially spent more time watching that cat gif on loop than I've spent watching anything on TNT this entire year. Sorry TNT, the cat's way more entertaining :)
Flag
Only watch Rizzoli & Isles from this list, would like King & Maxwell to come back for another season.
Flag
That cat .gif is better than at least 40% of what's on television.
Flag
Sadly, I agree with you ...
Flag
Major Crimes Frigging ROCKS!!!!!!
Love Rusty and Capt Raydor!
Good job TNT ....you sure know drama
Flag
Cute Cat
Flag
I like all three of these shows (my personal favorite being Major Crimes). Nicely done, TNT! Now, if you could just pick up Bunheads......
Flag
They picked it up and then dropped it in a ditch to die :

http://www.tv.com/news/no-more-dancing-in-paradise-abc-family-cancels-bunheads-137453158496/
Flag
i watch it online
Flag
Can I haz bigger cat gif pleazzzze
Flag
Would be fun it this site changed its name to "tvandcatgifs.com", reporting on everything TV related and cat stuff on the internet. The traffic to the site would explode.
Flag
Nothing (yet) about King and Maxwell ?
Flag
right click, copy image location (in firefox): http://31.media.tumblr.com/e49ab674f9f8ee16747feb6e961f9a8d/tumblr_mri5diqMzT1syf8l1o1_400.gif
Flag
Follow this Show
Members