Perception Forums

Tuesday 10:00 PM on TNTIn Season

Episode Discussion: Pilot 1x01

TesserT

[1]Jul 9, 2012
    • level: 77
    Please use this thread to discuss the Pilot (Jul 9). Enjoy!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

blackmage8472

[2]Jul 9, 2012
    • level: 15

Eh, I've seen worse Sherlock Holmes style crime dramas. It had it's moments and I'll give it another shot. But this kinda felt like a non-comedic version of Monk.

CrazyAsian1080

[3]Jul 10, 2012
    • level: 7

It's really like if The Finder and Awake had a child.

Katelome

[4]Jul 14, 2012

I'll change my rating of a 1 if in the second episode there isn't a political message. I almost turned it off when they did the Bush video being a lie...and trying to cover it by later having Clinton lying on the stand doesn't "even it out."

Ruined the whole thing for me.

djboy77

[5]Jul 17, 2012
    • level: 7

Katelome wrote:
    I'll change my rating of a 1 if in the second episode there isn't a political message. I almost turned it off when they did the Bush video being a lie...and trying to cover it by later having Clinton lying on the stand doesn't "even it out."

Ruined the whole thing for me.

Eh... whut? You must know where the WMDs are then, cos nobody else could find them. He lied. They both did. Kind of a no-brainer 10 and 13 years on.

Your decision to get bothered by that and ignore both the point and the actual show, well that's your problem.

I thought it was a good show, although many of the hallucinations appear to be very convenient. Wondering if they're going to be the main reason anything gets figured out in this show. Seems like a hard show to write for, like Numb3rs. I'm a little uncertain where they're going or how they're going to just not be yet another police procedural with a savant, like Lie to Me, Numb3rs, Law & Order: CI. Having said that, I think Eric did a great job portraying the character.

I guessed Natalie.

Edited on 07/17/2012 9:00am

Katelome

[6]Jul 27, 2012

Lol, I guess you could say he lied if you think all the countries that supported the move and all of congress lied when they supported him in the move. Bush went off intelligence the US had at the time, true the US never found them, but I guess the Kurds that were gassed and mass murdered by Sadam were faking their deaths? Pffft. The point is that was a political stunt to use that as an example of obvious lying. I found it pissy. It earned the thumbs down my vote on tv.com gave it.

Though, I admit, the next two episodes have been good and avoided politics. I'll adjust my rating a point or three. But I still think it was a pissy stunt. imo