Perry Mason

The Case of the Traveling Treasure

Aired Saturday 7:30 PM Nov 04, 1961 on CBS

7.2
  • Red Herring

Lots of red herrings in this fish story. Limited courtroom drama. Perry and Hamilton Burger explain the case outside court.
  • This is a great episode although Della Street (Barbara Hale) does not appear in it. This episode also has some nice location shooting with some good scenes about the boat at the end.

One of the best of Season Five for me. This episode has a two fold plot. First is the theft of $500,000 in gold bullion from a US gold depository and then the murder of a man aboard a ship whose captain is a friend of Perry's.

This one has Paul Drake doing a lot of investigating including going to Mexico. Nice little touch there where Paul is inquiring about the type of cigarettes a man is smoking. Of course by this season PM was sponsored by Parliament (which is why we haven't seen the original closing credits with sponsor logos since Season 3) so I'm sure that was a plug for them.

Della Street is strangely absent in this episode during the courtroom scenes which is unusual. It's not surprising that she is not along on the fishing trip where this all starts out though.
WZME