Person of Interest

2-Pi-R

Aired Tuesday 10:00 PM Jan 03, 2013 on CBS

• Suicides as Numbers

This episode did very little for the overall plot, which was mostly contained with Reese and Carter's appearances, but it was still in that great vein that PoI has rooted itself. I loved that "The Mysterious Mr. Finch" made a return in this one; hinting to Caleb that Finch was that "one that got away," giving the kid a role model. I also loved how it forced Finch to reflect on the things he's done and gave him a chance to show how far he's come in the season and a half since the show's pilot. Another wonderful return from a mid-season finale. Can't wait to see Carter's interrogation next week.

The one thing that I can't quite get past is that the Machine picked up a suicide. To me, that doesn't quite fit the profile of what the Machine is looking for. I can understand why this procedural was chosen and it works very well in the series, it just feels a bit out of place for the Machine. Perhaps it's a hint that it will be moving back toward caring, as it did when Finch was first training it? Time will tell!