Person of Interest

Booked Solid

Aired Tuesday 10:00 PM Feb 14, 2013 on CBS

• Very very good...

I'm not the type of person who says this about every episode, but to me this was the fifth best episode they've done on POI so far (Many Happy Returns, Firewall, Flesh and Blood, Prisoner's Dilemma). Why? It was fun, it had a very unique plot that seemed to thicken every few minutes, and it was written and acted beautifully.

The POI of the week was developed extremely well and I felt as though we actually got insights into her life (something I think has been lacking from the show lately). She acted her role very well and her backstory was interesting to say the least. The way Reese interacted with her was also excellent and the writers and directors did a great job at making that work.

This episode had more than its fair share of comedy, and I always love Reese's commentary when he's in dire situations. "I take it walking out of here isn't one of those two And Fusco was very funny as per usual. Reese slapping the hotel manager also made me laugh, as did Finch's speaking to the made through the elevator, and the comedy was balanced perfectly with the action.

*SPOILERS*SPOILERS*

In addition to having a very interesting case of the week, this episode marked the return of Pennsylvania Two and provided some answers while still leaving a lot of mystery, something I think the writers have handled well. The return of Zoe was fun as well and the surprise at the very end (Root)... pure perfection.

9.5/10, Overall excellent episode.