Person of Interest

Bury the Lede

Aired Tuesday 10:00 PM Nov 01, 2012 on CBS

• Good Episode but not my favorite

Lots to like about this episode - Finch and Bear, Reese with Clark Kent glasses, Fusco dealing with HR, Finch creating the persona on the dating network but I found Reese stilted with the reporter - AND why did he take her to his apartment. She can always return there unexpectedly ... or maybe that will be a plot twist in a later episode. Hmmm.

Like Zoe but don't love her

But I do LOVE the show... and Mr. Reese ... and Bear.
  • On one hand I love this ep,

On the other, Maxine is a really annoying character. First of all, she has no actual evidence for the story that she writes, an anonymous tip, a guard who 'sees' Zambrano arguing with an FBI Agent (he didn't hear anything!), some 'deep' background from a very low level FBI Agent who is not on the inside of the investigation anyway and the fact that Zambrano didn't want to talk to her. Not corroboration at all. Secondly, she has obviously got no idea of how the whole superhero thing works at all. Out the Man in the Suit, and he never gets to save anyone else. Her self-absorption was infuriating. That said, this episode has some outstanding moments, Finch trying out some 'human interaction' from a distance, Reese trying to protect Maxine without her realising that she is being SAVED by the Man in the Suit, Zoe's awesomely predatory performance upping Reese's 'credit' rating with Maxine while marking her territory, Fusco's struggles between right and wrong and Finch's horror at the contents of Reese's built in closet. Personally, I would also love to know where Finch got that photograph of Reese from, because we haven't seen Reese look that carefree in quite a while.
  • Chasing The Man In The Suit

>> But, Maxine (Gloria Votsis) telling Reese no more dates!! Lord, that's not believable !!

>> What woman alive, and let alone some men, would turn down an opportunity to date

>> him more.. lol

If you still have it, watch that part of the episode again. While not explicitly stated, it's sorta "hinted" that the reporter now KNOWS who the man in the suit is. And, his secret is safe with her.
  • Glasses!

Another great installation this week. Loved the reappearance of Zoey as well as Finch setting Reese up on a date. For that matter, loved Finch hiding in the weapons closet after delivering Bear. Wasn't too impressed with the opening portrayal of the press (get away from the stereotype that they're information grubbers willing to do anything to learn what they need to know, people!) but I will admit that it became more accurate as the episode progressed.

It was wonderful to have Fusco back in the action with HR - it's been quite a while since we had a good run with him under those circumstances. I knew the instant he was told he had only to do this one last assignment and he'd be out that it was a lie, but it was disheartening just the same when he was told no one ever really gets out. And in the end... does this mean this season is going to be working more within the realm of HR and its downfall?
  • "Oh shoot, I've got his dog!"

Apart from all the drama this week there was a lot of humour, especially from poor Finch being frazzled by Bear with a squeaky toy. Then being stuck hiding in a closet full of weapons and admonishing Reese for it ("When were you ever going to use all those?"). And that sly smile when Reese wants to know what Finch is texting/sexting his new date. But my favourite was when Finch realised suddenly that Reese was taking the date back to his place but Finch was looking after Bear, who was supposed to be at Reese's apartment.

Love this show - drama, twists and humour. And Reese looks good in glasses - but then he'd look good in nothing at all.

• 2x05 - Bury the Lede

I really enjoyed this one. The mystery of who was the head of HR took this episode up a notch. I admit to also being deeply amused at Reese's continual frustration of not being able to go right up to the new number to protect her. That added another layer of interesting to the story because as I watched I couldn't help but wonder who'd they get around it. Finch's idea making Reese the number's date? Totally cracked me up with laughter. There were several points throughout the episode were I LOLed. Person of Interest does such a good job in mixing such touches of humor.
  • Gloria Votsis as Maxine tells Reese.. no more dates..

I also loved the reappearance of Zoey as well as Finch setting Reese up on a date. But, Maxine (Gloria Votsis) telling Reese no more dates!! Lord, that's not believable !! What woman alive, and let alone some men, would turn down an opportunity to date him more.. lol.. Good show can't wait to see Zoey and Reese play a married couple next week.. Matt..
  • mmmm....glasses

OK, I'm going to be totally superficial here, but our Mr. Reese looks really hot in glasses. (Let's face it, he looks hot in anything.) Finch's delight when he asked John if he was wearing those glasses was priceless.

OK, I get that the black suit and white shirt are Reese's equivalent of a superhero costume, but it would be nice to see him in something else for a change. Batman doesn't wear his cape all the time. How about that brown leather jacket from the pilot or the black leather motorcycle jacket from Get Carter, or just a shirt of a different color? Even Finch gets to wear different ties every week. Maybe next week ..

The evidence Maxine used to "out" Zambrano was pretty lame: 1) an anonymous call from a blocked number, 2) a guard who sees Zambrano arguing with an FBI agent, 3) "confirmation" from a low-level FBI agent who can't even break into the right house during a drug raid, and 4) "Zambrano yelled at me" after she threatened to accuse him of assaulting her. I knew before that wasn't going to work out well, but I guess that was the point. Scoop over truth.

Match-Heart.com: Great photo of Reese, but where did it come from? We haven't seen him smile like that since, well, never. I wish I had a readable screen cap of that profile to see how Finch described him.

"Wait in the car." That's probably the first time anyone has said that to Mr. Reese. Loved that look he gave her.

Good thing Reese was wearing those glasses at the police station or Donnelly would have recognized him.

Why DID Reese take Maxine back to his place? Doesn't Finch have safe houses all over New York? There's always been one handy in the past. I agree with Finch about the risk of blowing Reese's cover. I want Reese's arms closet, though.

Finally, it's nice to see Fusco get some attention. He's been little more than comic relief lately, so it's good to see his arc developing.

• Loved it!

This is my favourite episode of this season so far. I know it won't keep that keep that title for long considering the quality of episodes that this show continues to roll out. I usually give a '10' rating when there are amazing flashbacks but this episode was the first one for me which didnt have any flashbacks.

I also love the mythology/universe of this show which contains baddies such as Elias, HR head Quinn, Root etc. Looking forward to flashbacks of Finch. I hope we still get a few of Reese too(cause they're amazing). Great song at the end. This show has amazing soundtrack. Keep it up writers!
  • Two words: Squeaky Toy!

What more can be said? When you have a show that's so well written and so aware of its own dynamics and parameters that you can add something this silly to what would be a very tense episode and still make it work--you've found gold, my friends. Pure and simple.
  • P.O.I.

What a fantastic episode, always love to see Zoe Morgan make an appearance.

I actually forgot about Quinn, so he is the head of HR & i love what Harold said to Reese "i do wish you wouldn't do that here" Reese "When i do it in the park people look at me funny". I really cant wait for Reese to put a bullet in Simmons head. Just love this show, i wish Harold would set me up on a date with Reese, i would definitely

not say no....!! This show never disappoints.
  • Very meta marvellous

While I wasn't the biggest fan of the reporter POI, it did bring about some interesting aspects of the machine. Much like last weeks reveal of why the machine chose that guy, this week she was a POI with a twist. But enough about that, how awesome was it to see bear with a squeaky toy or reese with glasses or finch hiding in an arsenal of a closet? Actually my favourite finch moments were when he chastised bear or when he was chastising reese for not getting the "John Anderson" profile right. Then there were hints of Zoe, who is just awesome incarnate, with splashed of carter and fusco getting in on the action. Speaking of fusco... Man will that guy ever give himself a break? Will he ever trust the finch/ reese duo t o get his back? Only time will tell. The real kicker to the delicious recipe of amazing POI was the date scene were the reporter described reese to a tee. He shows up when he's needed and he shoots a lot of kneecaps. That had to be my favourite line. I kinda knew that the twist with HR's boss was coming but still when there was so much goodness in one episode I really didn't care. Now next week... Mr. &mrs. Reese? Dang... It's getting better and better.
  • So Freaking Awesome

Person of Interest have no limits, the show go higher and higher every week. Bury The Lege is the best of the series so far and one of my best episodes of the all show.

The revelation of the head of HR is amazing. Maxime is another great addition to the show.

Person of Interest FTW.