I just saw a preview Promo for POI BIG 3 episode event starting with "Endgame".

While promo intentionally hints that writers of "one of the best TV shows ever" are ready to kill off Lionel Fusco - a 'jerk turned hero' who we came so far to actually like - to deliver even better TV experience for us, i have a different theory about who will actually die.

It is SHAW! As she says 'I am sorry Lionel' in the end of the promo, i believe she will go and rescue Lionel, HR will kill her and this will start a big WAR between HR and TeamReese.

What do you think who will die?

Is Fusco's less TV time related for him to actually die next tripisode?

Does Vigilance working together with HR? (I know its crazy but who knows)

<<<>>> Do you remember British Guy from 2x07 'Critical'? What do you think happened with him?

poll

33 Comments
Comments (33)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
In future episodes, Alistair Wesley will attempt to:

• Blackmail Judge Samuel Gates (for throwing out the case against Angela Markham) into throwing out a case against one of his fellow mercenaries, to be defended by Andrea Gutierrez.
  • Cajole Logan Pierce into making a fake Reese account on FriendCzar.
  • Coerce Leon into poisoning Bear with chocolate noodles.

Flag
Root will prove to Finch that the machine is really talking to her for good & he will release her to help save Reese and/or Fusco. She will die as a good girl & this will also enlighten Finch about a new aspect of the machine.
Flag
Wow... redeeming a loathed character and killing her off at the same time. What a stroke of genius that would be! But, don't count on it.
Flag
Root will become the hero that's killed off! I really felt her story arc should have ended during the Season 2 finale anyway. With her now locked in a cage in the library, seems obvious to me it's time to wrap her up!
Flag
For over a long time now (almost from the first half of second season), I've had the guess that Fusco will die... But, this promo made me hesitate, I don't think that it would be so obvious in the promo, if it was Fusco, who passed away...

Reese and Finch will definately stay... Fusco, Carter, Shaw... Well even Bear, Zoey or Root can fall... (The last two names won't upset the audience as much as the first six names mentioned above)
Flag
Zoey would upset some female part of POI audience :)
Flag
It is Reese. Shaw was brought in to replace him.
Flag
I dont think so. If Reese would die, a lot of people would just stop watching the show anymore
Flag
The show has become a bit cluttered with all these great characters and I think Carter will piss the most people off if she dies...
Flag
Fusco...I think Shaw's apology was just to mid air because she has to make a choice and I have a feeling that phone call Fusco is on is to his son.
Flag
sound logic! well, so excited for next 3 weeks
Flag
I don't knoooow - and I don't want ANY of them to die!
Fusco is such a stape of the show by now, his bad-guy-turned-good-guy, gruff yet humorous persona a good compliment to the main leads.
I would be very sad to see him go. The very LEAST they could do would be to give him a suitably heroic ending, giving credit where credit is due - he's come a very long way from his dirty-cop-origin.

Carter is - or at least was - their main connection to an outside moral compass, trying to follow the rules but recognizing that they had to be bent on occasion, as she values human life over the rule of law. Her downward slide into the murky realm of ends justifying the means has been hard to watch, but also rewarding - nowhere else has her absolute badassery been more obvious.
I feel that she has more stories to tell.

Shaw is the newcomer, the up-and-coming Queen of Kickass, the only one to really give Reese a run for his money. Hated and adored alike by the fans; I fall firmly in the "adore"-category, I LOVE her quiet sass, her quirks and her competence, and enjoy watching her slot into the team dynamic in different ways.
Her pairing up with Root to do the Machine's bidding was a brilliant move, and I wouldn't mind exploring that storyline further - Root, although fairly kickass herself, needs a bit of muscle backing her up.

As I said initially, I really don't want to lose ANY of them, but at the moment I think I would be most loathe to lose Shaw as she's needed to further Root's storyline and is a lot of fun to watch - although in other ways, she's the character I'm least involved with emotionally.
AND - she doesn't have any children...

Choosing between Fusco and Carter is HARD, and the pros and cons are too many to count.
Fusco getting a heroic farewell would wipe the slate of his many sins, could provide leverage for Carter getting her badge back, and would give both character and actor a really memorable exit. Reese mostly tends to ignore/downplay his contributions (Ok, so Fusco DID try to kill him when they first met, he's got a lot of making up to do), but at the same time DOES appreciate them, and this could make a good opportunity to really show it.

Carter, unlike Fusco, has been sliding further down the slippery slope of justifiable EVERYTHING - saving Elias and keeping him out of prison, shooting dirty cops and setting others up to take the fall, and blackmailing, of course.
She's had her own, fairly juicy storyline this season, but the question is: Where does she go from here?
If she manages to take down HR and walk away from it, will she ever be able to go back to being a "straight" cop, following the book (mostly) and not running a covert op every time she's getting involved in a case?
From a certain point of view, I'd rather see her go down in a blaze of glory than slide into the pit, if you know what I mean.

More+
Flag
I'd rather see Carter learn about the Machine so she has a better perspective for further investigating the meaning of Sibilance.

I say Quinn dies, Simmons declares him a Hero of New York City, and Reese ends up in a coma induced by bath salt.
Flag
it will definately b Carter so that Reese can really get angry n revenge the downfall of Carter since he has grown fond of her.I think Fusco will b kept on alil bit longer so he can see wat HR is capable of ..... Shaw is still of importance so she cant die, she has to help bring down HR
Flag
It will be Carter, she has been getting so much screen-time and good storylines in her hunt for HR this season, Lionel has been getting very little if any.

From what I have seen in other TV shows, they won't kill off a 'main' character without reminding you first why they are so important, also I think its often a trade off with the actor for their upcoming redundancy.

Unless it is purely due to contractual disputes of course... But usually we would have heard about it before now.
Flag
If Carter is to die, Reese should at least tell her about the Machine. In return, Carter could pass on whatever she learned about Sibilance (from the episode No Good Deed).
Flag
Well, i think Carter might get his Detective job back after 3 episodes, taking down HR. Its quest for revenge for Cal's murder. Maybe even kill Simmons and Alonzo Queen, but I am sure HR storyline is not gonna finish here.
Flag
Your logic is sound. However, another reason for Carter's increase in screen-time and good storylines is that she is a sought after actress who deserved to be more than a sidekick.
Flag
That may be, but does her character really have the fan following that the other characters have?
She's a good actor and everything, but how many fans would wash their hands of the show completely if she wasn't there, it might just be me, I like her character but I don't have that emotional investment in her like I do with Reese, Finch, Bear, Root, Shaw or even Fuscoe.
She has no unfinished backstory tied to her that we have with just about all the other characters, once she takes down/reveals HR, where does she go from there?
Flag
So is your argument that because she may not have a huge fan following she should be killed off? And I don't know about an unfinished back story, but her husband was killed, and I don't recall hearing the whole story about that. So, there is a story to be fleshed out. I I give you a "maybe" on the writers giving her more of a storyline in preparation for her death, but this other argument has no foundation. And to answer your question: Her character is as much a bada** as any of the other characters on the show, she can go where ever the writers can think up for her.
Flag
Sorry for your loss...
Flag
Now those are much better points, talking about the character rather than the actress. My follow up points may not have been completely thought through and based purely on my opinion, I just really disagreed with the focus on the actress being sought after.

I saw an interview with Sarah Shahi where she said her continued role on the show was dependent on whether the fans and producers liked her character, I assume it would be the same for other characters too

Anyway, I guess we will just have to wait 3 weeks and see.
Flag
The biggest reaction will surely be if Bear is the one that gets killed...
Flag
If Bear goes then so does the audience.... and also shaw, she's only there for him anyway.
Flag
I think Reese being killed would cause less turmoil than Bear.
Flag
yup, true. I was thinking to put up Bears name on the poll above but was afraid TV.com might ban me forever :D
Flag
Maybe not ban, but you could expect Tim Surette to show up at your house with a very large and very hungry Belgian Malinois.

CHOMP!
Flag
Flag
Follow this Show
Members