So yesterday I pretty much vegged out on the couch (I tried to watch Intelligence, it didn't hold my attention, I liked Bitten more than I thought I would and I re-watched the first two episodes of Teen Wolf from this season and it was only like two in the afternoon) and I decided to watch a couple POIs that were on demand.

The two I watched were when Reese was in custody. I have a theory that especially shows like this which have a little more control than network owned ones deliberately rerun or release certain episodes. Like over Christmas, they reran the Shaw introduction episodes and that was kind of important for the next few. Now, most of those two episodes that I watched have little to no current relevance, Kara is dead, Elias is on the loose and whatever issues he may still have with out team seem to have been put to bed or he is allowing them a mourning period, Donnelly is dead and I think at least the FBI has closed the "Man in the Suit" investigation, Hirsh is still around but not really focused on Reese anymore, Carter is dead...so, to me the only thing really remaining from those stories is actually Caleb Phipps. A kid who would be almost twenty now and it would seem to me to be very much of interest to either Shaw or Reese's former employers. Clearly if it is Reese's, I think the Machine would send our team his number again, but what if it is Shaw's? That might be the opportunity for our team to actually take a active stance against the Machine or it could be similar to how it treated the POI in 4C, which I still can't figure out if it was confusion, just a gamble to see who won, or what. Just an idea, because I imagine if Caleb gets approached, he will figure out Finch's number to ask him.
Comments (14)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
Jan 22, 2014
BTW: When was Reese in custody? Are you talking about way back when he robed a bank? What are the two episodes you mention?
Flag
Jan 22, 2014
Yeah when he robbed the bank to help the young vet and his girlfriend and Carter eventually had to interrogate Reese which was actually two episodes after the bank robbery. It was in season two. Hirsh came very close to getting to Reese in the prison yard but Elias helped out.
Flag
Jan 22, 2014
Owen (in 4C) is an irrelevant person of interest!

The INS has decided to kill Owen to preserve their flow of drug money. Note, that the INS is not on the plane because Owen is relevant. I don't think there ever was a 'relevant' number for Owen (or am I remembering the conversation between Hirsh and Shaw wrong?)

Would the machine be able to ensure the safety of the plane, simply by relying on a 'if the INS kills Owen, then the bomb will be detonated'-theory?. Owen may be a 'bad' guy, but he is still irrelevant. That is why it sends Reese.

At least in theory. Remember, it breaks protocol. It doesn't send a social security number. Not even to Finch. Can we even be sure, that it's the machine sending the numbers? Could it be Root? Or Samaritan?
This is the rub, when you don't have caller ID. :-)

Anyway, the machine breaking protocol, is where I think we turn a corner. Sure, it's good to have Reese back, but everything is not as it was.

Flag
Jan 21, 2014
There was just an explosion with Stanton. Same with the scene when she was in China with Reese. No talk of a body, nothing. They could bring her back. She is like Shaw, Reese and Hirsch, very very difficult to kill. So don't write her off just yet.
Flag
Jan 21, 2014
on the 4C issue I had written down my ideas on that before somewhere, but I had a think about it and came to a different conclusion. basically I thought originally he was a relevant that then because of confusion from the government became a irrelevant. I now think it originally started of as an irrelevant a couple of foreign agents want to kill 4C. One of those agents is willing to crash the plane to do so and so turning the situation in a relevant. Somehow the machine decided to send the number of 4C instead of the agent trying to crash the plane resulting in the government agent trying to kill 4C as well. (considering the nature of the relevant numbers the government only gets the numbers of the perpetrators I think.)
I can't really remember but was the government agent really trying to kill 4C or did Reese assumed he was going to? If so the confusion is from Reese and the government agent not the machine.
Flag
Jan 21, 2014
Well, the INS guy tried to smother the kid (whose name is slipping my mind right now) and Shaw seemed to state that was the task at hand. Plus, if you will recall some of her and Cole's discussions, it kind of seemed like their mission was always to kill the target as the target was a threat and part of what led to Cole's murder was that he was doubting that a POI they got was an actual threat and might have been threatened but they killed him anyway and then Cole started to do some Finch like research into that case and Control ordered him and Shaw killed.
Flag
Follow this Show
Members