Person of Interest S03E19: "Most Likely To..."

I wouldn't enjoy Person of Interest as much as I do if the show wasn't everything it is. At times it's one of television's most complex and prophetic thrillers, justifying the paranoia of the unruly masses. And at other times, it's a goofball procedural that pays homage to '80s action movies with stories that are cheesier than a Wisconsin football game and cornier than an Iowa field. I don't prefer one over the other; Person of Interest is both things equally, and the show usually finds a way to balance its two personalities. But occasionally it'll throw a strong dose of each into a single episode, and "Most Likely To..." was a great example. Dude, Vigilance went public with its knowledge of the Machine in the same episode that will forever be known as the one where Shaw and Reese went to a high-school reunion. And it was fantastic.

This week's number—well, the second number, since the first one was exploded thanks to a car bomb (add another blemish to the record)—belonged to Richard Alpert/Nestor Carbonell, guest-starring as a prosecutor named Matthew who was attending his 20-year high-school reunion. Reese and Shaw were dispatched to take on the identities of a couple of attendees based on a computer algorithm that matched their appearances to those of Matthew's former classmates: Reese was a womanizing ballroom dancer, and Shaw was a centerfold from Heinous Nerd Monthly. Yep, Shaw was not pleased that Finch's program thought she looked like Betty Harris. Bleh! 

Sarah Shahi was on fire all episode, nailing all the comedic timing and facial expressions by cementing her mouth into an immovable line of contempt for all things high school. And the whole storyline was a goldmine for laughs if you have the sense of humor of a corny uncle, which I do. Reese and Shaw's respective discoveries of their cover identities' past lives were played up as much as possible; Reese was on the receiving end several slaps from unidentified women who was getting decades-old payback for old one-night stands, and Shaw starred in a sequel to She's All That, catching the eye of a guy named Thomas and even sharing a slow dance to Mazzy Star. Also, Reese and Shaw shared a hotel room with one bed (oooooooooh! Reeshaw!)... but in lieu of a sex scene, they unpacked their firearm-stuffed suitcases and set up surveillance on Matthew with close-ups of Shaw's bare ankles and a snake cam worming its way through the ventilation system. EROTIC!!! And of course there was a stoner dude, because there always has to be a stoner dude, and if you ask me, stoner dudes are always welcome on television shows ("Dudes, you're both like scary ninjas!").

The case in "Most Likely To..." was basically a whodunnit, but instead of being cooped up with suspects in a mansion on a rainy day or in a small-town sheriff's office during a storm, this murder mystery was set at a high school reunion. We met a list of suspects in the murder of Matthew's high school girlfriend Claire, who overdosed on prom night. All the alumni thought Matthew was to blame, but Claire's "Ducky" and eternally friend-zoned Doug was a possible suspect, some creepy dude named Phil wasn't who he said he was, and even Vigilance rudely showed up uninvited. After a string of cruel pranks reminded everyone in the gym that Claire was murdered, the truth came out: Doug accidentally gave Claire one too many pills in an effort to "relax" her enough to have unconsensual sex, and Matthew set up the pranks to push Doug to a point that he'd confess, with Matthew staging his suicide. Poor Matthew saw his genius plan interrupted TWICE, first by Reese and Shaw, and then by Vigilance, who shot the joint up. A few bang-bangs later, Vigilance was dispatched by a chemical bomb crafted by Shaw, and Doug and Matthew were whisked away in hand cuffs. Best high school reunion ever, truly a Night to Remember!

But "Most Likely To..." was far from a one-story hour. Finch and Fusco were paired off for a road trip to D.C., where they were investigating the secrets held by the episode's first number, a woman named Lorraine, before she was blown to bits by Vigilance. Lorraine was in charge of doling out security clearances for the government, and Vigilance wanted the list of names to get more information on what the government was hiding. The contents of her office were confiscated by the feds, and Finch and Fusco were tasked with retrieving the contents of an all-important safe. This is probably a good time to mention that Fusco and Finch also shared a hotel room, and that Fusco sleeps in a fuzzy eye mask. 

Finch eventually got to the safe and cracked it with cool X-ray technology and learned that Lorraine's files contained names and info linked to "Northern Lights," the gov's codename for the Machine! Of course Vigilance head Collier showed up just in time to grab the documents and deliver a chilling monologue about the government nosing in on the public's business. Root showed up with her guns akimbo to save Finch, but Collier weaseled his way to escape and did something incredibly awesome and surprising that made me spit take my apple juice. He Snowden'd the info on Northern Lights to the press, sparking a press inquiry about the matter with the senator (guest star John Doman of The Wire) in charge of the clandestine project who had no choice but to go, "Duh duhhhhh what's Northern Lights? Duhhhhh..." in front of a throng of reporters, just like our idiot and corrupt government officials do IRL. The jig up, behind closed doors he ordered Control to shut the thing down. He just backed the government out of dealing with the Machine! WHOA DUDE.

Just a few minutes ago we were dancing to Mazzy Star and now THIS is happening? The knowledge of Northern Lights getting out is a BIG DEAL for the Machine and Person of Interest. In addition to tying the show's events to real-world happenings, Vigilance's reveal to the public that the government is spying on them pushes Finch into a corner. How long before they learn of the existence of Finch's operation? How will the public react to it? The idea of privacy in this show has always been handled delicately because Finch and Reese are using the information for good. But there's been no one to debate whether or not their operation is a violation of human rights, even if it is saving innocents, because so few people know about the Machine's existence. The faceless government using this technology to stop acts of terror with drone strikes can be seen as a major issue, but what about two guys, a gal, and a dog using that same technology to stop small-scale crimes? Where is the line drawn about what is okay and what isn't? Given the hero status of Finch and Reese, I'd assume that Person of Interest would never delve too deep into whether or not what they're doing is wrong, but with the public getting an idea of the Machine's capabilities, that's now open to argument. So good! Leave it to Greg Plageman and Jonah Nolan to go places we never expect this show to go.

But that wasn't all. With Senator Lame-o shutting down the government's third of the Machine (which isn't actually shutting down the Machine but just not accepting its calls so to speak), the Machine decided to reroute all of the relevant numbers to... Root. So now Root has all the information on suspected terrorists all over the globe, and as she put it, a full dance card. What does this mean for Root? Gosh, I wish I had an idea. Could she mobilize her army to take care of these numbers? What about Samaritan? There are so many great open-ended questions going on right now, and Person of Interest has put itself in a position to absolutely blow us all away with its final run of episodes. I can not wait.

"Most Likely To..." was the kind of episode that required a love for all things Person of Interest to fully appreciate it, and I loved the heck out of it. It was a quintessential episode that showcased the series' surprising tongue-in-cheek humor, its ability to provide a frightening look at very real modern-day threats, and its complex serialization with plenty of meat. I love the hardcore mythology episodes, but I wouldn't mind if every episode of Person of Interest was structured like "Most Likely To..."

NOTES OF INTEREST

– Fusco, planning the music for his road trip with Finch: "AC/DC or The Dixie Chicks?" Finch: "I think I'm the one being punished."

– Alright, I'm still not sure why Control had to shred the file on Collier, but I guess the government is trying to erase all existence of its dealings with the Machine? Even if it's a file on one of the world's most dangerous cyber terrorists. That's kind of sad, isn't it?

– Neat fight between Phil and Reese in the school kitchen, culminating with Reese throwing a plate at Phil's leg and then a pot at his head. 

– The fact that Person of Interest set an episode at a high school reunion will tickle me until the show's 20-year reunion in 2030. Is there anywhere this show won't go?

– What an excellent use of Cracker's "Low" in that opening portion of the bowling alley scene. That single is from 1993, so it fits the timeline of a high school class of '94 and was a perfect time-setter in the background. That, and it's a really, really good song. (Fun fact: Rectify used it in its first season in one of my favorite scenes from that show.) "Most Likely To..." kept the hits coming with a really funny satirical use of Mazzy Star's "Fade Into You," which was also released in 1993 and was a required listening at every prom over the next two decades.

– Shaw looked gooooooood this episode. Just my opinion as a professional television critic.

– Fusco, regarding Root: "That is one scary chick." 

– OMG Collier quoting the opening sequence's dialogue to Finch ("The government has a secret surveillance system that spies on us every hour of every day...") was too awesome.

– The gunfight between Reese and Shaw intercut with a bunch of near-40-year olds dancing to reunion-quality hip-hop was hilarious. 

Previously Aired Episode

AIRED ON 6/21/2016

Season 5 : Episode 13

227 Comments
Comments (227)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
"Dude you're both like scary ninjas!" had me roflmao.
Flag
The story arc stuff was awesome as usual, but although the reunion story had it's moments, it really didn't do much for me overall.
The way Collier is continuously able to just slip out at the end, no matter what the situation, is getting a little ridiculous, but my complaints about the show are all minor, it's still the best thing on TV right now.
Flag
This season is soooooo good.
Flag
This is hands down the best. show. ever.
Flag
Loved the ep. Great balance of action, suspense, and humor.

What bugged me...

* Root knew Vigilance was after Reese and went to help. But, she couldn't CALL to warn him???

* Fusco and Finch were connected with a live earwig, so how was Vigilance able to capture Fusco and sneak up on Finch without Finch having a clue?

* WHY, WHY, WHY is Finch taking a casual browse through the file knowing they were in danger -- both from Vigilance and from the cops discovering him?

* If Vigilance has been monitoring the team for so long, how is it The Machine had no idea or didn't offer some kind of warning?

* Sure hope there are no shared vents between adjoining hotel rooms! Because if there are, that kind of snooping would happen ALL the time. Creepy.

Also, I thought Root killed scary government lady.
Flag
+ What would it have changed? Plus, the POI team doesn't want to work with the machine except for the numbers. It's already been said Finch wants a human factor to be involved when it comes to saving people. That's the way he works. The machine respects that.

+ Vigilance is a bunch of super hackers concerned about privacy. You think they can't spot and destroy a bug?

+ He glanced over it. Just to know what this is about. It took a second and there was no noise or sign someone was coming.

+ Same answer as 1st

+ Hopefully, most tourists don't have spying equipment in their baggage. But agree

+ Root never killed Control. Control works for the machine (even if she has the illusion that the machine is working for her), there is no reason to kill her. She simply escaped with Shaw's help.

Hope it helped ;-)
Flag
- I don't understand your question. Finch would not have ignored the warning and it could have kept that document out of the hands of vigilance.

- I think no matter how good they are at hacking, there's no way they can move about in New York w/o the machine at least catching glimpses.

- He was supposed to hurry so the cop at the desk wouldn't know he was there, so yes, it was urgent. And, knowing what's in the file now vs when in safety wouldn't change anything. Stupid to risk getting caught just to see what was in the file.

- Sam answer as my first. :)

- With a straight vent like that, you wouldn't need special spy equipment.

- Yeah, I just really thought Control was dead in that cage, that's all.
Flag
Finch simply doesn't want to work with the machine in the same way as Root. That's just it. The machine has always respected his choices (quite right she is since he made the choice to build her...).

As for escaping the machine's vigilance it's actually quite easy (when you know you're being watched). She works with facial recognition. All you have to do is losing you cell phone, keeping quiet, wearing a hat and walking head down
Flag
I think you're not understanding my point. Of course the machine won't talk to Finch, directly. I get that. But, the machine warned Root and Root went to save Finch. Right? So, why wouldn't Root just CALL him and warn him rather than risk his life by trying to get there in time?

As for escaping vigilance, The Machine has proven to be very resourceful and the methods you mentioned would not be enough to avoid detection. AND, the few times WE have seen Vigilance, they've NOT been doing much to avoid detection.
Flag
This comment has been removed.
Flag
Flag
This episode was fun to watch. High school reunion and Reese/shaw together was just wow.
Flag
The laywer is Romero from Bates Motel!!!
Flag
Root -- everyone's favorite "scary chick"! :)
Flag
I suppose we have to assume that Leon was dog sitting. With Finch in DC, Reese is going to be Bear's custodial parent for a while. Maybe some retraining is in order.
Flag
I still hope they knock off Root eventually. What could be better than giving her everything she's ever dreamed of ... and then taking it all away from her.

Sameen Shaw as a [Fairly] legal mediator would probably look like this:
http://www.gocomics.com/rubes/2012/11/04
Flag
Well, that would make her new signature line: "Dead. Dead."
Flag
Hehe. You can really imagine her standing there, with two guns and a smug smile on her face for the awsome solution she just found... :)

I want to see that on TV!
Flag
That makes me wonder, have we seen Root shoot like that?

We've seen Root shoot both guns in the same direction. But what about the opposite directions?
Flag
Not that I can remember. And she has only been shooting like that since she got the machine in her ear, so only since the start of the season, so it should be fresh in our memories...
Flag
Reese getting all the love and Fusco looking like a "Boss" in those bathrobes lol
Flag
I have found that if I don't take this show very seriously it is a lot of fun and quite dramatic. How our heroes mostly show up at the right time to help each other is goofy and the fighting is really a bit too much at times, but the intrigue over the machine(s) is pretty exciting. I like the characters. I thought I would hate the class reunion bit, but it was pretty funny and worked just fine. Lots of things that aren't realistic about last night's show (or many of them), but so what!
Flag
i dont think we've seen the last of control, just didnt feel right
Flag
The gunfight between Reese and Shaw intercut with a bunch of near-40-year olds dancing to reunion-quality hip-hop was hilarious. And no one noticed all of the loud gunshots because people were popping balloons at the same time, lol.
Flag
This episode was everything I love about POI! And I totally agree! As soon as the first scene came, I messaged my friend about how gorgeous Shaw looked this episode!

If there was a list of shows you would wanna marry if they were a person, Person of Interest would be on the top 3 of that list!!
Flag
Actually, Reese threw the plate at Toke's leg so he would trip, allowing him an opening to then throw a soup can (not a pot) at Not-Phil's head. "Is that fast enough for you?"
Flag
Exactly right.
Flag
What really would have killed me is if Collier had quoted that portion of the opening monologue and then Finch said "I know, because I built it". Wasted opportunity!
Flag
Really good point! That would be a big reveal, maybe not as big as "Who is the Clairvoyant" but pretty big.
Flag
I don't know what you're getting at there unless you're being sarcastic or you misread (we know Finch built the Machine), but I just meant I would have got a kick out of Finch doing the "I know, because I built it" bit of the monologue. A bit cheesy, but I would have enjoyed it.
Flag
If there was a poll i would vote Collier "Most likely to eat bullets soon "...but as soon as Finch said he sympathize with Collier's cause but not his methods, i realize if he wasn't interfering with Finch n Co' s plans i would have voted him something nicer..like "Most likely to die of natural causes or Most likely to die of anxiety or something worry related".. but he does interfere, and he kills nice people..so yeah! Reese when you see the guy.., kneecap, torso..a little down.. and finish of on the head!.
Flag
Like everybody else, I am eager to see the next episodes but I am afraid that it will be a verrrry loooong summer...

We are heading for a hell of a cliffhanger!

I'm expecting something big like "Is Reese/Shaw/Finch dead"? Like White Collar did with Mozzie at the end of the first season?
Flag
A fun episode reminded me of John Cusack in Grosse Point Blank still think now it will be a war between Decima and Collier gang for the Samaritan. Like Reese cover exes slapping throughout LOL and Shaw was great as well does mean that the assassin to Northern Lights is out of a job? How many episodes till the finale.
Flag
The episode was pretty entertaining, but it had at least two major flaws. 1. That gunfight was incredibly awful. 2. Vigilance suicide bombers and cyanide pills.

Vigilance has never been plausible, but the writers have really gone too far now. This is supposed to be an organization devoted to the cause of...wait for it...privacy. It's hard enough to believe that more than a handful of people would be willing to risk their lives and kill innocents for that cause. It's impossible to believe that even ONE person would be willing to, not just risk his life, but gladly take his own life for that cause. The bald badass hitman took cyanide to...uh...what was he trying to accomplish really? Was it to avoid getting tortured for information? Seriously, it's not possible to be that dedicated to that organization. Was it that he'd rather die than go to prison? No, it can't be that, because he couldn't know that he would end up in prison at that time. Even if he had known that he would, it wouldn't explain why he killed himself before the cops showed up. He can always kill himself later. There was certainly no need to have a cyanide capsule in his mouth the whole time. (We never saw him take a pill, right? So he had a capsule in his mouth going into the fight?)

The guy in the car at the start of the episode was even worse. He blew himself up with a smile on his face. He was happy that he got to die for the cause.

Writers, please...how about a little bit of plausibility? It's fine to exaggerate Reese's superiority in fights, Finch's hacking abilities, or root's ability to use the information she gets from The Machine, but some things are just too absurd. You can't break a door to a cockpit by running a food cart into it, and you can't build up a large organization of people who are so happy to kill and die for the cause of privacy (LOL) that they're not even trying to stay alive.

More+
Flag
Actually, he threw the plate at stoner dude's leg to make him drop out of Phil's arms and then a large can of sloppy joe meat at Phil's head.
Flag
It was okay but dealing the government part away so easily, feels a bit cop-out after a huge build-up. Granted, there were too many organizations already but still. Entertaining episode, nonetheless.
Flag
Where's Samaritan in all of this? And what about Bear??? Ok, I loved this episode, but I'm getting confused. Is Samaritan going to take over now that the Machine is rerouted to Root? Wht? On another unrelated note, Reese pulled off a great kitchen scene with the plate and the knife. Nice work. He needed some heavy-lifting, what with Shaw doing most of it of late. And speaking of Shaw, she's tough to upstage, so I get it. Finally, I must [again] compliment Lionel. He just nails it every damn episode.
Flag
Love the show as always but what I wanted to know MOST of all was if Root returned Bear to Finch?!!!
Flag
What if Vigilance isn't about information privacy at all? What if one or more terrorist groups organized the Vigilance team, to find out how the US government is discovering the bad guys' plans in advance? The info privacy cause is just a cover, and the goal all along has been to find the government's secret weapon and destroy it.
Flag
Well, I don't think the issue is privacy as much as it is Omni-surveillance . Being watched every moment of very day.
Flag
But Vigilance didn't know about that when they recruited all these people. So it must have been some other kind of surveillance that turned them into fanatics.
Flag
I hope so, because the privacy thing is ridiculous. They're so happy to die for their cause that they're hardly even trying to stay alive. And they have no use for privacy when they're dead.
Flag
So with the press leak about the Machine, will all squares turn yellow (except for those who refuse to believe it)?

(This is the kind of stuff I think about when the rest of my DVR seems bland by comparison.) :)
Flag
Vigilance leaked a bunch of papers about a government surveillance program. That's pretty vague, it doesn't necessarily mean Machine. The government denied the existence of the program and since the Machine is no longer in the government's possession no one will ever find evidence that the papers Vigilance leaked were anything more than a hoax. No one actually knows about the Machine, there won't be any boxes turning yellow.
Flag
Since Carter figured it out (right before she died RIP), Fusco now has all the pieces to know about the machine and can't really put fingers in his ears and yell LA LA LA anymore.
Flag
I LOVED this episode.......it will forever be one of my favorites, along with the Valentine's Day episode that aired in November.
Shaw was great, I love learning more about her character - they've really done a great job humanizing her.
Also, Root calls Harold "Harry." I don't think he appreciates it.
Flag
Yeah, that's been brought up by other commenters elsewhere, too. Finch always refers to her as Ms Groves; at least she can say Harold.

I wonder if she realizes SHE refers to Root as Analog Interface?
Flag
Where the heck is Bear?

Otherwise, another wow episode from POI.
Flag
Let's just hope that Root has him well-hidden from Greer and his Decima goons.
Flag
The only gripe I had was Shaw suddenly having the hots for a dude. Seemed a bit anti-character for her. Tumbs up for pretty much the rest of the episode.

Is it just me or is Fusco just a good partner for everyone?
Flag
I think only that first moment was out of character. It was like she turned shy and was scared to talk to him. That was out of character. But she has never been described as asexual. She even told Reese once that she has one night stands when she feels like it.
Flag
That's what I was refering to, the emotional stuff, not the sexual. At least, in the episode with the kid, she was akward in showing her feelings.
Flag
Fusco is like a good ol' St-Bernard... :)
Flag
What an amazing episode. Action packed and hilarious on the same time.
Flag
What an amazing episode. Mind blown again -a frequent happening when watching this show.

What to say about Root - the naughty minx. Leaking Shaw and the Big Lug's whereabouts to Vigilance to find out their mode of communication. She's crazy to the max and I love it. On another note- I absolutely love the nicknames that Root come up with for Reese. Forever a hint of disdain for him and his abilities. One day it will bite her in the ass.

Regarding Control's action in shredding Collier's file - It seemed to me at the end that the Machine finally gave Collier's number to the Govt. since he has now endangered national security by leaking the details of Northern Lights. His number as a national security threat had come up and the Machine had delivered it to the Govt (so that they could eliminate the treat). But sadly for Control, she had to shut down the Operation.

Tertiary Operations - So, all the relevant numbers being routed to Root. How is she going to save the day? By hiring mercenaries and killers for hire? Will be interesting seeing that Decima and Samaritan are coming soon.

Loved the Reese and Shaw scenes of the episode. And hot damn!!! Sarah Shahi is a beautiful woman.

Thoughts?
More+
Flag
My hope is that Vigilance gets turned into the new Primary Operations team. They seem to have limitless resources and just as ruthless as Control is. Maybe Northern Lights can turn Samaritan against its masters too.
Flag
The thing that bothers me most about Shaw (Sarah Shahi) apart from the constipated look is that they ugly her up. It makes no sense to me. Why does she have to be butch or something? They keep giving her those ugly outfits and man clothes to wear and they never do her make-up right or they make it so that she looks less attractive.

It's frustrating as hell because as you said, Sarah is beautiful.
Flag
Flag
The only two shows even close to this show in awesomeness right now is Teen wolf and GOT.

What I like about these 3 my favourite shows is that they are so different, but all sooooo good!

While teen wolf is the n1 visual show, and GOT is the n1 show in terms of "Grand and might" , POI is the show with the best story and most likeable characters.....

They are all so different and I can choose between them, love them all 3 and now that Teen wolf is on a break I cant wait for GOT to start and for POI's last episodes of the season!

(Sorry for my bad english)
Flag
agreed. but add "the blacklist".
Flag
Worst episode of the series so far.
Flag
last week was worse imo

there has been times where I had to turn off/stop watching just because of Shaw. she was somewhate bearable in this one.
Flag
WHAT?
Flag
just a troll. moving on.
Flag
The class reunion were no one seemed to question the complete lack of resemblance between the Now & Then Betty & whatshisname??? & the lab getting shot up continuously for what seemed to amount to 15-20 minutes with automatic weapons & no one notices??? & the conveniently chemicals to make a bomb being stored in the same unlocked drawer side by side??? I can go on. I'm not looking to PoI for reality but believeability within the context of the series was just entirely absent.

I adore this show and all of the characters and the other plots were decent but the class reunion plot was just lame.
Flag
I can tolerate the class reunion thing. It's no worse than Finch's exaggerated hacking abilities (if we ignore the fact that Shaw looks Arabic or something). But that gunfight was incredibly awful, and the cyanide pill and the suicide bombing were even worse. I made a longer post about it above.

The rest of the episode was pretty good, and it was a key moment in the history of The Machine. But the gunfight, the cyanide pill and the suicide bombing made the episode much worse than it would have been otherwise.
Flag
Ever been to a 20-year class reunion?
Flag
Excellent review for another great episode from this amazing series.
Perfect blend of procedural, serial, drama, and comedy.
For those about to Rock, we salute you;-) Glad to see AC/DC is ahead of the dixie chicks!
Flag
This show continues to be self-aware and do i even need to say, amazing. Loved it. Privacy invasion by government(s) worked very well in the show since season 1. I particularly loved the scenes in the last couple of episodes where Root popped up like "heard you could use a hand".

-Fusco: I haven't felt this rested in a long time. I should hope so, Detective. It's past 1:00 in the afternoon.
– Neat fight between Phil and Reese in the school kitchen, culminating with Reese throwing a plate at Phil's leg and then a pot at his head. Agreed.
-"That is one scary chick."
And this: "I think I'm the one being punished."
Flag
Anyone else feel the 'Gross Pointe Blank' vibes?
Flag
Sarah Shahi is awesome at comedy. Check her work in Fairly Legal. And she's also so very beautiful it's not even funny!
Flag
I really liked Fairly legal, was sad it was cancelled but not so much any more... now that she is on POI
Flag
I tried that show some time ago and couldn't get into it. She's pretty great in Life tho.
Flag
Yes, I saw Life, too and really enjoyed it.
Fairly Legal is pretty different and it's not to everyone's liking. It's a pretty light-hearted show, not super intellectual where you have to think about the plot for hours after, but I thought it was pretty cool.
Flag
I'm glad we're talking about this!

Her signature line was "Win Win!" remember?

I liked her if Life too.
Flag
Yeah I loved Sarah in Fairly Legal. Her character was not the most believable of character but there was a surprising depth to it that was revealed slowly and it made it very enjoyable to watch.
Flag
Amazing episode and excellent review. I couldn't agree more Tim, POI always know how to get the right balance between comedy, action and great twist.
Flag
For the next Emmys the show should run in the "comedy" category. This episode would certainly make the cut.
Flag
one thing: I love Root two style gun.
Now she is gonna be a superheroine.
Flag
Shaw does not like the 'Ugly Betty' look - SLAM!

Shaw & Reese unpacking their Special Ops gear - nice.
Flag
Well, colour me surprised. With Samaritan on the horizon over the last few episodes, I never saw this coming. Typical POI: Let the finale blow up from ALL sides.
Season 1: FBI coming down the stairs, HR coming up, all gunning for Reese
Season 2: Root vs. Reese&Co vs. Control vs. The Machine.
Season 3: Vigilance vs. The Public vs. Samaritan vs. Reese&Co. vs. The Machine?
I say: Bring it on!
Flag
also decima who will have samaritan
Flag
Is it just me or did Control receive Collier's number from the Machine, and that's why she had his file, consequently shredding it once the project had been terminated ?
Flag
that's what I took from that
Flag
I hope they change the opening sequence next week because Person of Interest is great like that. And The Machine is no more a secret also the Government is not dealing with the relevant numbers anymore. What can be the new sequence?
Flag
That would be great, I am sure they will.
Flag
Right now I absolutely had no clue and infact even after lot of brain storming I am not able to think in which direction this season is heading. What would Vigilance do now, what's Root is going to do and I don't believe Control is gonna let everything get out of control so easily. In short right now we are totally blank. And I am loving this fact as more or less now a days about 50 - 60% of story of coming episode of each show could be guessed quite easily.
Flag
I'm very very tired of root and her superpowers. Exactly when did this become the Root Show? So a pyshcopath who has been a mercenary before gets all the relevant numbers now? I hope the writers are building it up to show how the machine makes mistakes. Root is still creeppppy, irrespective of how much the machine loves her.
I thought it was a very subpar episode. It was exactly what the trailer promised, and the thing about person of interest is that there is always a twist that the trailer deliberately misleads you on. Shaw and Reese went to a reunion. Shaw and Reese shot people. There was no unexpected twist, no inexplicable dovetailing of two different stories so reminiscent of person of interest. Except for the last five mins, and that was ruined by Root getting so much power.
Finch is becoming a redundant old man, incapable of directing or even having his creation trust him foremost. The Finch of season 2 was the mastermind who thought several steps ahead, and set the machine free, here he is always just learning. Root is making him redundant and he or Reese will get killed next.
Flag
Reese threw the plate at the other guy's leg so he'd fall and give him a clear shot at Phil... I agree with everything else you wrote, though.

Isn't Shaw so much sexier when her hair is messed up like at the beginning and in the hotel room?
Flag
Reese and Shaw unpacking : priceless.
The episode : one of the very best. I only missed Bear.
Flag
*Throws the toothhbrush*
Flag

Oh man, I love this show. Pure awsomeness.
Flag
Load More Comments
Follow this Show
Members