Person of Interest, we're turning things around: YOU are being watched, specifically in this awesome trailer for the upcoming fourth season. First screened at the show's Comic-Con panel on Saturday, the five-minute video combines old and new footage and reveals what we can expect to see in Season 4 based on what happened at the end of Season 3—namely, that the team needs new identities now that Samaritan is online and on their trail. 

Call me crazy, but this almost seems like what this show was always meant to be. Take a look:

Reese appears to be a lawman, and Shaw and Root are makeup girls at the mall? There's a lot of story potential here; maybe they'll change jobs each episode? Oh man... and Bear is getting a good amount of screen time! No other show adapts like Person of Interest, and this seems like a natural next step for the series. What do you think?

Person of Interest Season 4 premieres Tuesday, September 23 at 10pm on CBS.

Previously Aired Episode

AIRED ON 6/21/2016

Season 5 : Episode 13

101 Comments
Comments (101)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
Six if you count the dog. We love Bear! Oh man, I am so looking forward to (one of the) best show(s) we have on tv at the moment. Come on @TimSpots, more news and more reviews!
Flag
Really like POI. Look forward to it.
I don't watch previews but thanks anyway !
Flag
I guess I am in the minority because I think this show will lose viewers big time this season and get canceled.
Flag
Considering that it's already lost some ratings, you're certainly not by yourself. It's dipped lower than it ever has since Carter died. Maybe it bounces back, maybe it doesn't.
Flag
Your screen name and this comment show where your motivation to make these comments comes from, the only ratings I take the time to look at is the weekly top 20, which POI is consistently in (first run episodes of course), it will be on for as long as it chooses to be. It cracks me up, you can literally go to any shows website and find people commenting on why it sucks, what characters suck, why they used to love it, but hate it now, that it's going to get cancelled, etc., etc. It's kind of funny how they take the time to go to a website to comment about it. Some just get a weird thrill out of the reactions they get, some have motivations like yours, and I think some just have too much free time on their hands
Flag
You are most definitely in the Minority since this show is the forth most watched TV series that CBS has at the moment due to the viewing figures.
Flag
it dropped what 30% this year? another drop like that will take it to 1,1/1.2 demo, which is cancellation territory
Flag
I have no idea where you are getting this 30% figure from as there is no record of this claim anywhere on the internet other than forums which is based upon people opinion and not fact. If you had actually done your homework you would figure out that it actually only dropped 12% last season. which is only 4% more than the season before. It is still one of the most watched primetime shows on television.
Flag
I don't know why a link to movie takings is supposed to prove your point as This discussion has nothing to do with movies. also if you had done your own homework and actually gave a link showing your finding (and not a useless link that mentions none of your cl;aimed finding) you would see that the drop is only actually 17% (average) amoungst the 18-49 viewers. between the seasons of 3 and 4
http://tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/person-of-interest-season-four-ratings-34024/

Regardless of how many people have stopped watching it, it is still one of the networks most watched shows.
Flag
This comment has been removed.
Flag
The information is anywhere you can find ratings info online. If you compare their season average against the prior years, then they've lost actually a bit over 30% of their 18-49 demographic, and that's what BillyRay is talking about. It's not even hard seeing the drop if you look at weekly ratings. Look at the last episode: http://boxofficemojo.com/news/?id=3907&p=.htm

The season 3 finale got a 1.9 and 10.83 million viewers. When has it ever been that low? The only other times it's been that or worse have been since Carter was killed off. Not good. Nobody's making anything up. The information is there if you do your homework. Maybe it's still watched enough to be considered a success, but no one can deny that it's certainly failing a bit against its prior numbers. Like I said, maybe it bounces back, but I don't think it will. All the stuff they have on season 4 doesn't interest me, and I used to love this show.
Flag
Shaw and Root forced to work at a makeup counter. LOL. Can't wait for the new season. Please give Fusco more screen time.
Flag
Jonah Nolan recently alluded to the fact that Fusco, being unaware (by choice, really) of either Machine, will play a key pivotal role for the team this season, as he's off Samaritan's radar, at least at first.

Flag
Thanks Tom. That's good news.
Flag
Damn excellent show....one of the best on tv. Oh and the music score...awesome.......
Flag
"six if you count the dog" Root! I count Bear as at LEAST two silly humans and that makes your team 7 operatives strong.
Flag
i cant wait!!!!!
Flag
I can do with more of Shaw and Root in those dresses.
Flag
I absolutely LOVE this the trailer! It has been the best TV series I have been watching since The X-Files. What is even more amazing. I love Root. She is fitting into the team nicely. Glad I will see Bear!
Flag
My favorite show on tv right now. Man I love it!!! To say team Machine is gonna have their hands full this season is an understatement. I can't f-ing believe the government helped put Samaritan online!!!
Flag
mmmm, what is POI?

Story = Perfect!!
Creator and Directors = Perfect!!
Main Characters (Harold, Reese, Root, Fusco, Shawn, Bear = Perfect Team!!!
Sound Trcak = Perfect (as always..)
Elias = Perfect (as always..)
Trailer before season = OMG !! I am drooling for September !! = Perfect!!!!

Bonus:
"5... or 6 if you count the Dog... this is WAR!!!!" = Bear is perfect!! (as always..)
Flag
Ooooh I have goosembumps! I can't wait to see how Elias fits in all of this. Oh and yeah you have to count Bear, he's the most important part of the team!!!!
Flag
Oh my word, I cannot wait until the new season starts! I want it on my TV screen, now! Thank you for sharing this.
Flag
5 star preview!!!!! It's just makes the wait that much more unbearable!
Flag
Awesome! Can't wait!
Flag
*turns his head, badge on his right hand* haha. Well truth to be told i got a little tired of this war thing. Show akways rocks and now with their new identities and trying to figure out how to get back on track and all but this samaritan thing is going a little too far. Always good to see Elias. And go to hell Mr.Englishman.
Flag
ofcourse we count the dog!! How can anyone forget bear???
Flag
At the end of the trailer when it advertises the blu rays - there is a number in the background (88145 33) (29749232) - anyone think they are of any relevance or jsut a random number that would come up in the machine
Flag
oh and the trailer was epic got me excited again :D
Flag
I CANNOT WAIT for this show to come back! Best show on television!
Flag
Looks like they're back to killing bad guys again.
Flag

James Caviezel, Sarah Shahi & Bear looking forward to this alright.

Flag
We have seen the blonde at the beginning/end before right? Wasn't she with the mob that Mr. Reese takes out in the pool hall (with Bears help)?

I forgot who she is, and who she is working for.
Flag
Um, why is this not the highest rated show on television?
Flag
OF COURSE YOU COUNT THE DOG!! THE DOG IS THE KEY!
Flag
Bear rules!

I immediately thought the same thing - of course you count the dog, silly woman.
Flag
When I saw the first episode of Person of Interest a few years back I didn't really think much of it, nor did I expect it to last more than a few episodes before cancellation, it just seemed like another 'case of the week' cop show with a tech gimmick.

How wrong I was! Four seasons on and it's one of the sleakest, most topical, most interesting Science Fiction shows to hit the airwaves since the turn of the century.

I can not wait for September, it will be a hell of a Birthday present for me! And a day early as well!
Flag
Let's hope Kenny and Stevie have some fixings on hand at the mall if the two ladies need 'em.
Flag
Loads of new footage! Didn't expect that. And I want to know what that song was too, it was great. Can NOT wait to get this show back!!
Flag

You're welcome.
Flag
thanks!
Flag
Looking down the line at all the comments, it's too bad nobody likes it:P

Flag
Okay, let's do it!
Flag
was the guy in the beginning one the people that root and the machine collected?
Flag
No he's not one Root's hackers.
Flag
cool thanks
Flag
Looks amazing, and knowing the show, it will be nothing less.
Flag
SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!
Flag
Okay wasn't expecting a trailer so soon but I'll take it! I can't deny the images of the team walking away in different directions running for their lives and been hunted at the end of the last season haven't haunted me. This season looks scrumptious. Can't wait.
Flag
season 4 looks amazing. can't wait to see the team back in action...
Flag
Can't wait for S4 to start. I hope we'll see Zoey again, it was a crime that she was only in one ep last season (& a crime she choose The 100 over PoI, not that 100 is that bad but compared to PoI *duh*)
Flag
Hoping for that as well, she is a lot of fun. I was also happy to see a glimpse of Elias in the trailer, Enrico Colantoni is just good to have.
Flag
Was that Marlo Stanfield???
Flag
Yes. Another actor from the wire! this should be a good season.
Flag
Very awesome. I'm really hoping that the Elias image wasn't just stock footage and they're planning on having him return.
Flag
It was from "The Devil's Share" in the scene where his "friend" killed Simmons.
Flag
Though it has a lot of competition. This show, for me, is the best on TV right now. I can't wait to see what they come up with. Also who is the Sara Rafferty looking woman that shot that guy?
Flag
That would likely be Cara Buono, judging by the other pictures of her.
Flag
What a trailer! I can't wait. This is the best set of cast mates.
Ready for season 4.
Flag
Couple of theories
-Team Machine will strike back at Samaritan and that will be seasons ain story arch. Simply because Team Machine hiding for entire season will get boring really fast
-Is Reese cover a cop or is he still using Stills' badge
-I think Team Machine will hook up with what remains of Vibilance. Simply because they are only ones capable and willing of taking on Decime/Samaritan
Flag
I don't know how to survive until season 4 after seeing this mind blowing trailer. POI is probably the best show on TV right now.
Flag
AHAHAHAHHAHAHHHA! I really want to jump up and down with excitement right now but I am in Starbucks and I think people might think I am crazy, so silent screaming it is.

And Yes Root we do count the dog
Flag
This show is right up there with the very best!!!!
Flag
"Amy Acker and Sarah Shahi are sexually attractive", said everyone ever.

Flag
"Reese, you're a cop. Ms Shaw and Ms Groves, you're working at the mall. Bear, you're a dog. Got it?"

"Woof!"

"Very good!"
Flag

Shameless Root is shameless.
Flag
I'm gonna get slammed for this, but this show is all about T&A now. It's even in the promos. #Sad.
Flag
wow.....I definitely thought Amy Acker had some potential sensual appeal but that first gif...I um....yeah................gulp...
Flag
How awesome is it to see Reese kick ass again? And Elias is back! I'm so damn excited.
Flag
really looking forward to it. It's one of my best shows if not the one ans season 4 seems really exciting!!
Flag
I love Person of Interest, I am excited to see what they do with the opening credits!
Flag
I just hope the opening intro is longer like it was in season 1.
Flag
"6 if you count the dog" Y'all better count the dog:D
Flag
Load More Comments
Follow this Show
Members