We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

A Person of Interest Community
Tuesday 10:00 PM on CBS
I personally feel Reese could wipe the floor with Jack. But first, Jack will suffer some broken kneecaps.
Comments (20)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
Jack Bauer, OBVIOUSLY.
Flag
ok really??? jack bauer is a decent guy and great actor but reese is the MAN! It's like comparing a ferrari (reese) with a skoda (bauer).
Flag
I think it's a question of apples or oranges.
The outcome of Bauer vs. Reese would be impossible to predict, and probably depend on what the backstory is, what is riding on the outcome.
Bauer is good at doing things for the greater good, focusing on the bigger plot and doing terrible and impossible things here-and-now for a big payoff down the road.
Reese is much more focused on the here-and-now, the single, individual destiny rather than the huge, over-arching storyline.
When Bauer loses the things he cares about, he buckles down, kills everybody in his path and then either falls apart or picks himself back up again after.
When Reese loses the things he cares about, there's a 50/50 chance he'll implode (Jessica) or explode (Carter).

Given the right circumstances, Reese would win because he's extremely competent, good at keeping his cool and very good at improvising.
Given the right circumstances, Bauer would win because he's one of the most ruthless men alive, and very good at pushing through and never quitting till the job is done.
Flag
Not a whole lot of logic in comparing Reese and Bauer. As you note, it's like apples and oranges. Besides, Bauer is off to a Russian prison until a network needs to resurrect his character again.
Flag
... Have you seen FOX ratings recently?

Oh yeah, Bauer is getting out of whatever gulag they stuck him in!
Flag
They're BOTH bad asses, no doubt. Jack definitely has been in more hair-raising situations, usually pretty much saving the world, one hour at a time. But, if you wanna talk acting ability, and a more interesting, complex, witty, and shadowy, ( is that a word? ) character, Reese is the HANDS DOWN winner. I've watched many,many 24's, and nearly EVERY SINGLE POI. I like the bad-ass Jack, but I absolutely LOVE Reese! He's just a great guy, and, although this prolly don't count, Caviezel's acting ability is LEAPS AND BOUNDS above Keifer Sutherland's. He can't act his way out of a paper bag. Never, ever, has shed ONE SINGLE TEAR when he's supposed to be bawling his eyes out!!
Flag
Jack Bauer is the party clown compared to John Reese. If they were both piss drunk Reese would still win and save a number on the side! THE END.
Flag
Reese is like a student who's always gotten good grades and has never really encountered any real problems; Jack Bauer wins because he's been in multiple life threatening scenarios (dies at a point then comes back to life) and knows that he needs to get his hands dirty to save a whole damn nation, in a DAY!
Flag
there should be a poll so we can vote on this.. i'll say john reese tho
Flag
In a ring or on a paintball course, Reese would clean Jack's clock, but if the guns were real and the stakes were life and death, the fight would go like this:

1) Reese shoots Jack in the kneecaps.
2) Jack shoots Reese in the head.
3) Jack sews himself up and transfuses blood from Reese's corpse.
4) Jack shoots Bear, tortures Finch for information, realizes he's on the wrong side, and embarks on a path of death and destruction that ends with the morgue overflowing with Decima employees and Jack spitting on the puddle of white-hot slag that used to be Samaritan.
Flag
WHOA! very cool scenario, and funny as H#((!!
Flag
lolz
Flag
Hardly anyone can beat Mr. Reese! If they could it's like trying to tame a bull!
Flag
I love 'em both! One is an unstoppable force and the other is an immovable object! But, if I absolutely had to choose, I'd have to pick Jack. John is a hurricane, but Jack Bauer is a tsunami!
Flag
Let's put it this way: Bauer prevented two nuclear explosions.
Reese... didn't.
And we all saw Full Bauer (twice) and Full Reese (after Carter got killed), and the complete destruction Jack left behind him cannot be compare to anybody, even John.

So yeah... kinda obvious, isn't it?
Flag
yep and the people saying Reese either haven't seen 24 or forgot how badass Jack is at all times (even strung out on drugs).
I adore Reese but he is kind of comic book like---impossible knee shots.
Jack saves the world but Reese kneecaps bad guys (Jack guts them)
Jack Bauer kicks Chuck Norris and John Reese's ass in all possible scenarios.
I'm a fan of Reese but Jack is the BIGGEST BADASS in tv history
Flag
No question about it while John is slick Bauer is a force of nature!!!! Bauer takes this one.
Flag
Mr Reese. No questions asked. Mr Reese is very cool in temperament. Therefore more effective like a hunter. I like Jack too but he is very impulsive. He needs to calm down.
Flag
calm down? WTF, he is saving the world multiple times in less than 24 hours…no time to calm down!
lol
Flag
Follow this Show
Members