Person of Interest Forums

Tuesday 10:00 PM on CBSIn Season

Big Brother Watching!!!!!!

mazzafacker

[1]Oct 12, 2011
    • level: 11

i find this show coming close to reality or its actually starting to happen!!! this machine was developed after 9/11!!! then it takes on its own intelligence!!!

with the news of how fast we are moving with technology with the advancements of A.I.'s, this shouldnt really be that surprising!!! could it be possible that such a device already exists??? possibly!!

now having this kinda technology after 9/11 sounds like a possiblty!!!!

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

kanniballl

[2]Oct 13, 2011
    • level: 18

I don't recall him saying that the machine has developed its own AI / personality... has that been said? People, including programmers, use the term AI even though it's just referring to basic decision making... such as when the enemies shoot at you in Halo or Call of Duty.

But yeh, it's very Orwellian with a decent side of reality. I *believe* the UK still has the US beat-out on number of surveillance cameras though.

mazzafacker

[3]Oct 16, 2011
    • level: 11
    ur right about london england havin the most cctv's!! tho where im from, a city of a pop. of a 180,000, the largest centre north of barrie, ontario! if we went on a per capita bases, are small mining town rivals london!!! George Orwell was so right, just off by a few years!!!

ronwhitehouse

[4]Nov 20, 2011
    • level: 8

kanniballi has it right...the Machine has an A.I. of course (as all computers do), but has not made the science-fictional leap into becoming sentient/self-aware. Quite the contrary, in fact. The Machine was incapable of making any moral value assessment of its own regarding the data it would collate, and so it needed to be told how to sort its results into the "relevant" and "irrelevant" lists. It's simply a supercomputer, but this can make for some excellent drama too. Think of it as an ultimate secret weapon, that has the potential to be wielded for good or evil depending upon who's pushing the buttons...

Dec1964

[5]Dec 7, 2012
    • level: 35

Its nearly 2013 & yes Big Brother is watching & listening to our phone calls,

creepy isn't it.