Person of Interest Forums

Tuesday 10:00 PM on CBSIn Season

Concern about how the show relays information

Andurill

[1]Feb 18, 2013
    • level: 1

I really love Person of Interest and this is not a generel critique of the show, but a very specific one.

I am constantly annoyed with the way the show relays information through Finch and Reese. Like 'Oh, we lost him, but I'll just use the bug from earlier to track him down', or when they discuss the episode's POI, relaying new info and making it seem like they both reach the same conclusions about the persons. There are countless of variations of this throughout and I hate it. I realise the writers are just trying to give us this information in what they think are natural and organic ways, but to me it seems too contrived and fake. Sometimes I think it's downright insulting to my intelligence as a viewer - I don't need the writers to hold my hand through everything, I have mind of my own and they don't need to tell me how Reese finds his lost POI again (not everytime, anyway). Tell me and show the important stuff that I can't figure out on my own from what you've already shown me, but don't hold my hand because you think I didn't notice all the details earlier in the episode.

Am I alone in this? I can't be, right?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

WilliamBruce0

[2]Feb 18, 2013
    • level: 7

Well I do agree to a certain extent. I don't always see all the clues. But they could make it not as easy. Finch and Reese can't agree on everything.

Andurill

[3]Feb 19, 2013
    • level: 1
    I get what you're saying, I don't always catch everything either. But I think what I'm really contesting here is that it happens so often. Several times in each episode.