Person of Interest Forums

Tuesday 10:00 PM on CBSIn Season

For the love of the FSM please stop......*spoilers*

wolfwing

[1]Jan 31, 2013
    • level: 6

Yeah...I'm a few weeks late...but for petes sakes, I love this show, but they need to stop killing off cool people :> Donevan finally finds out whats going on and dead, one of the others working on the project finds out about finch.....dead.

And again late...but was waiting till today to see if he was alive...:

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

LeeCuttler

[2]Feb 4, 2013
    • level: 2

wolfwing wrote:

Yeah...I'm a few weeks late...but for petes sakes, I love this show, but they need to stop killing off cool people :> Donevan finally finds out whats going on and dead, one of the others working on the project finds out about finch.....dead.

And again late...but was waiting till today to see if he was alive...:

Killing Donnelly was a plot device so that Carter and John don't go to prison. To not kill him then he'd have to believe that the other guy truly was The Man in A Suit and that would make him a bafoon. Donnelly actually was a pretty good agent despite the fact he did get a few laughable things wrong during his investigation. So the second he caught John and Joss I knew he would be dead by the end of the episode.

Likewise, most of the villians they introduce will need to be killed off eventually or it becomes impossible to believe that Finch, Reese, Carter, and Fusco could continue to operate without arrest. Only in certain situations can they come up with a believable or almost believable story as to why someone who knows that group is providing illegal justice to the citizens of NYC is not telling the athorities. Elias stating that he's willing not to turn in John becuase in the end John saved his life is one of the moments (though it put it in the barly believable catagory myself because a mob boss really shouldn't care about that).

Victorious05

[3]May 3, 2013
    • level: 1

I get killing off Donovan but they could at least have made him understand what Joss, John and Finch were doing before killing him off.