TV.com will be making some changes to our user base starting Feb 25, 2015. For more information click here

Person of Interest Forums

Tuesday 10:00 PM on CBSIn Season

Is Fusco even a main character anymore?

LauraUlian

[1]Oct 29, 2013
    • level: 3

I watched this show for the great chemistry between Reese + Finch, and Carter + Fusco. The team of four was great. By the end of season 2, I felt we were finally getting to the core of a well established four-way partnership. Then Season 3 happens, and Carter's been sitting in a squad car peeping on dirty cops for 5 episodes. Fusco's been...God only knows, because they won't show us.

All I can say is, it's clear the producers of this show are demanding the sex appeal be cranked up. Hence why Shaw is now a regular (far...FAR too regular; I mean, her character is fine, but please stop shoving her down our throats), why Root keeps popping up and why Carter's getting 5x the screen time as Fusco. Which is saying a lot, since Carter's barely been in any episode save one.

It would be nice if A) They just removed Fusco as a main character and DID something with him to put us out of our misery, or B) put him back on the railroad tracks and him meaning again, rather than being an occasional intel dispense and comedy club routine. He didn't show in the previous episode, and only showed up for 15 seconds in the week's episode. So, producers, are you going to give his spot to one of these new 'main characters', or are you actually going to do something with him?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Shaol

[2]Nov 1, 2013
    • level: 10
    I wrote something very similar a while ago, so yeah, I totally agree. Fusco used to have a nice storyline, he used to be there and now, if you blink long enough, you miss him on screen.

And what's even more sad is that the same is happening with John. I understand that JC asked for a sort od respite, bu now his role is to serve tea to the POI of the week and being useless with villains. Less screentime doesn't mean being useless or having become less smart and badass all of sudden.

Oh, but thank you so much for giving us Shaw, I really needed half cast being pictured as idiots but the new hot regular with big boobs and big mouth. Yup, I realy needed it.

I just want John and Fusco back. The REAL ones, not some embarrassing shadows of what they used to be.

LauraUlian

[3]Nov 5, 2013
    • level: 3

Judging by the promo for 'Endgame', I...I have no words. Don't read on if you haven't seen the promo for 3x08.

Let's just say, if they end up killing off Fusco, I'm going to be incredibly, incredibly mad. The one thing worse than placing a character on the backburner indefinitely is writing him/her out of the show. So much speculation. I'm beginning to wonder if Kevin Chapman is getting out of the show in order to do other things (he has been busy with filming on other sets recently), or if this is just a cruel way to spark the next leg of the overall plot.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, Person of Interest without Fusco would suck. Big time. It's gonna be an emotional 3 episode arc up ahead one way or another...

Rai101

[4]Nov 12, 2013
    • level: 1

And I couldn't agree more! If it ain't broken, why fix it? Well, now they do have to fix it...