Person of Interest Forums

Tuesday 10:00 PM on CBSBetween Seasons

John and Det. Carter as a couple

Larrycleve

[1]Dec 8, 2012
    • level: 1

I'd like to see them start dating. I think there's a definite chemistry between them and they have similar interests. The show seemed to be hinting at this when they were on a stakeout and John asked her if she was dating anyone. She laughed and said she doesn't have time and then asked him if he was dating anyone. What do you all think?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

JeremyStratten

[2]Jan 18, 2013
    • level: 3
    They're just good friends, acting like good friends do. I don't think that's going to change. I think Reese has yet to meet the woman he will end up with.

nemosnanny

[3]Jan 18, 2013
    • level: 2

I think a man and a woman can have chemistry as friends without having to jump into bed together.

protonefrid

[4]Jan 21, 2013
    • level: 8

I like them together but not right now... maybe somewhere during the third or fourth season.

Indeed they have great chemistry and maybe it may lead somewhere one day but now they mostly behave more like brothers in arms (given their background and character), which is a little more than friends but it doesn't have anything to do with becoming a couple.

Also, I don't see it from Carter yet. Sure, she worries, a lot, but she is a worrier by nature, always nagging and complaining about the illegal or reckless stuff the duo gets themselves or her into (i think it's something mothers develop after having 5 heart attacks a day because of whatever dumb stuff their offspring do incessantly while growing up) furthermore, as far as I remember, she never started a personal conversation so far (I only remember Reese starting those) ... she is all about the job and saving people.

On the other hand, Reese's actions are a little more of a puzzle to me but I guess he just tries to awkwardly get closer to her, just to befriend her, like he did with Finch in the first season, (but that weird conversation about Carter's boyfriend and personal space still remains as one of the most WTF moments in the show... when Reese is happy he acts weird...lol). Banter (funny remarks and one liners) is also his way of getting close to people and he does the same with all three of his "friends" with different degrees of success (Carter being the best at catching the ball and throwing it back at him, Fusco just learning to be comfortable enough to do the same, while having Finch just shoot him down, or letting it go). I don't see Reese capable of a real relationship yet and Carter is too awesome and grounded not to deserve it.

Of course any of their actions can be interpreted in million ways and I might be wrong but this is how I see it right now

spriggan1985

[5]Jan 25, 2013
    • level: 6

not in this lifetime please, it would ruin the show, Reese doesn't need any more attachments, not with Carter, maybe a hook-up but with some random women who we will never see again, jsut ro releave stress.

And I see him better with Zoe than with Carter, they operate on the same wavelenght, no strings attached. Carted has a son and this a NO GO for a relationship between them.

cheers

LeeCuttler

[6]Jan 27, 2013
    • level: 2

spriggan1985 wrote:

not in this lifetime please, it would ruin the show, Reese doesn't need any more attachments, not with Carter, maybe a hook-up but with some random women who we will never see again, jsut ro releave stress.

And I see him better with Zoe than with Carter, they operate on the same wavelenght, no strings attached. Carted has a son and this a NO GO for a relationship between them.

cheers

And I think Zoe is completely wrong for him and Carter is much more his style. Zoe cares about Zoe first and formost. She's made it clear that she does nothing without expecting something in return ("always have something to trade" as her personal quote). She's been helping to try to bed John, who she's put on a pedistal without knowing who he truly is and the issues he's going through. She'd never be interesting in helping him get over Jessica or through the abuse he suffered at the hands of Kara. And he does need to get through those tramas. If she did manage to nab him she wouldn't want him out helping other people, she'd want him with her. And she's not going to put her life on the line for a stranger like John does if there is nothing for her to gain. Carter, on the other hand, understands risking one's life for others as she's served in both the military and the police force. She understands why John does what he does. She also knows alot about his past and, therefore, has a clearer picture of who John is (heck, she even knows his real name) and the path of healing he's on. Carter would be more then wiling to be the shoulder to lean on or the sounding board for John to vent his problems if he ever chose to do so on his journey of healing. Carter kept that picture of Jessica and John, while shredding his service jacket and the other New Rochelle evidence to keep it from Donnelly. Personally I think that Zoe would have shredded the photo too, if she had been the one to come across it because Zoe sees every woman as threat. Yes, Carter is just a friend now but the best relationships start off as friends first.

Dec1964

[7]Feb 1, 2013
    • level: 33

I have thought about Reese & Carter becoming a couple & then i thought NO it mite

ruin the show if they start dating.

Hutchy_TVSeries

[8]Feb 1, 2013
    • level: 10
    I would love that, but not sure that would be good for the show.
    As some as said before, the show might sway too much to the romance side, but then again all the best shows have romance.

gbpenfan

[9]Feb 5, 2013

LeeCuttler wrote:

spriggan1985 wrote:

cheers

If she did manage to nab him she wouldn't want him out helping other people, she'd want him with her. And she's not going to put her life on the line for a stranger like John does if there is nothing for her to gain.

I am sorry but this comment is unfair. Zoe has on several occasions helped the team, and from what I can tell for FREE, and there is no reason at all to make the assumption that if her and Reese were to hook up she'd be all clingy and want him to quit. I canhardly fault Zoe for being attracted to Reese. He's hot, bad ass, and saved her life. But I also think part of her attraction to Reese is the fact he can be a felony committing bad ass while still helping people. Yes she helps them out so she can flirt with Reese, but she does seem also to care about the people they are helping. In the suburbs episode she hinted that meeting Resse changed her life. She's not this cold harted 100% selfish person you are suggesting. She donated money to the victim's family in The Fix. Resee didn't ask her to do that. She might not be as selfless as Reese, but that doesn't mean she wouldn't ever help anyone ever, especially since there is evidence to the contrary. Arethey going to ever get for real married?No, but she's fun and Resee could use some uncomplicated fun. They don't have to have some deep meaningful relationship, I can be just sex. That really is all Reese has time for anyway and Zoe doesn't strike me as a settling down type woman either.

I don't get people pushing for Reese and Carter to be in a romantic relationship. On a different type show, sure, but I really don't want romance to become a major plot point on this show. Just because he and Carter have a deep connection and care about each other, doesn't mean they have to be romantic. Yeah, yeah most TV shows eventually hook main characters up, and it usually ruins the show, and I would hate to see this show ruined by something so unnecessary. Its awesome as is, why take such a huge risk? Reese also cares for Finch deeply too, but its not romantic. It's refreshing actually to see that you can love and care for people without being romantic with them.

Besides, even if they ever did become a couple, it's not going to end well. I doubt the series will end with Reese and Carter riding off into the perverbial sunset together. It likely ends the way it always has been hinted since day one, with Finch and Resee both dead. Why hurt Carter further by linking her and Reese romantically? She'll be devastated enough losing him and Finch as allies, so I hope they give her someone else for the romance side, at least then she has someone left in the end.

zimba05

[10]Feb 7, 2013
    • level: 12

I really don´t see any chemistry there.

Dec1964

[11]Feb 8, 2013

If Reese had to hook up with anybody i would prefer it to be Zoe rather than Carter.

Edited on 02/08/2013 4:43am

Dec1964

[12]Feb 15, 2013

zimba05 wrote:

I really don�t see any chemistry there.

I really dont see any chemistry between Reese & Carter, maybe Zoe &

Reese.

Victorious05

[13]May 3, 2013

I agree about Zoe not being selfish i think she is just a woman who can stand on her two feet. Who is able to handle herself amongst sharks of men in high places. At the same time she does not deny her needs as a woman but is also a woman who would not like to settle down and become a mummy due to the nature of her jobs.

Saying that i think Carter and Reese will be good for eachother but should not HOOK UP AT ALL. I believe they should just be those people who love eachother from afar.Reese should just hook up with all kinds of women but his heart should belong to Carter. This willallow the show to carry on with real business but still have that underlying chemistry. To me Finch, Reese, Carter and Fusco are like a little dysfunctional family which is neat. And should be kept that way.....

Just my opinion

kaytori

[14]May 10, 2013
    • level: 11
    I think Zoe as she and Reese are now is a no go, after some more interaction and Zoe from that interaction and work becoming less selfish (she's not that bad but there's room for growth) I don't see her as the clingy type by any means she's helped out for free, I think because it's no skin off her nose, and she thinks it's fun. But I have yet to see her actually sacrifice or risk something to help.

I don't see the chemistry between Reese and Carter, not in a lover way, they seem more like step siblings, not all that close but still family.

Anyway I think Zoe is a better match then Carter. And I don't think her having a son would pose a problem for Reese.

MrsKoz

[15]May 24, 2013

I agree with gbpenfan... I don't see any reason, or room, or romance between any of the main characters in the show.

Ariella

[16]Jun 23, 2013
    Totally agree ! Why should every long-running show have a romance between mail protagonists?... I really enjoyed non-romantic storyline development, that was so refreshing and not trivial. I really hope they won't hook John with Carter or Zoe (other than occasional flirting) or by no means Shaw up. Relatioanships should not always end in bed - there's friendship and I would really like to see this line developing.

Dec1964

[18]Oct 9, 2013

Please NO hooking up characters on this Fantastic Show.