Person of Interest Forums

Tuesday 10:00 PM on CBSBetween Seasons

List of big arcs so far- (spoilers)

anngel421

[1]Nov 3, 2012
    • level: 17

This is just for me to keep track of it but if I'm missing something please add

1. Is nathan ingram dead or alive? If dead how? Does it have any connection to Finch's injury and subsequent limp?

2. Alicia Corwin's murder, the guy in DC. What is going on with the "official" machine?

3. Root. - kinda says it all.

4. Elias- same as Root

5. HR- now that we know who the head is, what will happen? What path is fusco going to take?

6. Cara and the CIA - Shes alive, but is this a good thing or bad thing? How does Cara and Reese's last mission connect with the machine. Which we know it does because Corwin was the one giving them the assignment.

7. Who is Finch really? Who is Reese really? ( I don't know if these count because i kinda like that you don't know them all that much and you do find out bits and pieces here and there but... ah what the heck I'll add it.)

the next few are things I would like to see and stuff i know we are going to see

8. Adventures with bear. -

9. Joss Carter- One of my favorite episodes was the one that explored Carter's back story. I know they said that she's getting a romantic interest soon but I feel like theres a lot to her story that hasn't been touched. what happened to her husband? what else happened to her in the army? Why did she leave the life of a lawyer behind? Why isn't taylor shown a little more often?

10. Fusco- Is he ever going to be redeemed?Whats the story with his wife?

Anyway... let me know your thoughts and if I missed anything.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

LeeCuttler

[2]Nov 9, 2012
    • level: 2
    anngel421 wrote:

9. Joss Carter- One of my favorite episodes was the one that explored Carter's back story. I know they said that she's getting a romantic interest soon but I feel like theres a lot to her story that hasn't been touched. what happened to her husband? what else happened to her in the army? Why did she leave the life of a lawyer behind? Why isn't taylor shown a little more often?

Anyway... let me know your thoughts and if I missed anything.

If I have to guess on this one I'm gonna say her husband was killed in the 9/11 attack. We knew she had lost him by 2004, which was the timeframe of her flashbacks. It would make sense why she'd enlist or reenlist despite the fact she was a single parent at the time. It also ties her to both Reese and Finch is a "commen threads" way since both Reese and Finch's lifes were heavily changed by the event too. Get Carter was also my favorite episode of season 1.

maferloo

[3]Nov 9, 2012
    • level: 4

OK, I know there are several things I still have no clear and I might need to go back and see season 1 again complete. These are the things I've gathered...

1. I think Nathan IS dead cause there's one episode when Finch seems to still be 'working' at what used to be his company and as he's leaving the building, you can see a sculptured-head and it's that of Ingram and I'm pretty sure it shows a year of dead. Of course, I'm not sure if what you meant is if he's REALLY dead, but I would go with yes, he was killed by the people they 'sold' the machine to. And, OMG I had never paid enough attention to the fact that Finch was not 'injured' in the flashbacks! Shame on me!

2. Wasn't Corwin killed by Root at the end of season 1?

6. I think that mission was connected to the machine. They had to go and blow the place. I think it was a measure taken to make the place disappear because the servers that fed the machine at first were there before they were transferred somewhere else. I remember that when Reese and Cara get there a dying guy says something about servers... I think now Cara is investigating because she wants to know what was so important that the CIA planned to kill both she and Reese after they took care of the assignment and of course get back at them.

8. I'm there with you. I love seeing Finch interact with Bear.

10. I really hope Fusco will be redeemed at some point. I like him and I hate that he always have to look like the bad away in front of the police force...

So, I really do have to go back to my DVD's and re-watch cause there are obviously many things I don't remember...

LeeCuttler

[4]Nov 9, 2012
    maferloo wrote:

OK, I know there are several things I still have no clear and I might need to go back and see season 1 again complete. These are the things I've gathered...

1. I think Nathan IS dead cause there's one episode when Finch seems to still be 'working' at what used to be his company and as he's leaving the building, you can see a sculptured-head and it's that of Ingram and I'm pretty sure it shows a year of dead. Of course, I'm not sure if what you meant is if he's REALLY dead, but I would go with yes, he was killed by the people they 'sold' the machine to. And, OMG I had never paid enough attention to the fact that Finch was not 'injured' in the flashbacks! Shame on me!

2. Wasn't Corwin killed by Root at the end of season 1?

6. I think that mission was connected to the machine. They had to go and blow the place. I think it was a measure taken to make the place disappear because the servers that fed the machine at first were there before they were transferred somewhere else. I remember that when Reese and Cara get there a dying guy says something about servers... I think now Cara is investigating because she wants to know what was so important that the CIA planned to kill both she and Reese after they took care of the assignment and of course get back at them.

8. I'm there with you. I love seeing Finch interact with Bear.

10. I really hope Fusco will be redeemed at some point. I like him and I hate that he always have to look like the bad away in front of the police force...

So, I really do have to go back to my DVD's and re-watch cause there are obviously many things I don't remember...

1, I'm going with Nathan is really dead too. Only because that would give more credence to Finch faking his death to protect Grace. Though just an attempt on Nathan's life would be enough to get Finch to realize the lenghts the other 6 goverment employees would go to to protect the machine.

2, Yes, Corwin was killed by Root at the end of season 1. Carter and then Fusco were investigating her death to try to help find Finch despite the fact they knew who killed her.

6). Ordos China was definatelly were the machine was at least placed first. Though I'm wondering if it's not still there. Perhaps the drives were placed above ground while an underground space was being built then it was moved. All the software techs were killed and then Reese and Cara were sent in to verify the first mission was a suscess. I'm still not sure on the need for the 1 single laptop unless it was just a decoy. It's clear that Cara IS trying to determine what that mission was about since she sent Mark to find Corwin. He stated to her that she's have to scream louder for Corwin to hear her on why she send the two to Ordos in the season opener when it was reveiled that Cara had placed a bomb onto Mark. Great reviel btw.

10). I would love to see Carter speak with Agent Donnely and procure an immunity deal for Fusco to really have his back. I know that Reese states he has Fusco's back but there is only so much he can do without official paperwork. Carter could state to Donnely that people think her partner is dirty due to his last partner but she knows that he's not but suggest to Donnely they could use that to thier advantage and have Fusco infiltrate the gang (without letting on that he already has). At least he'd be protected from their on out.

As for rewatching the season 1 dvd set, I've aready done that like 6 times now LOL

maferloo

[5]Nov 9, 2012

LeeCuttler wrote:
    As for rewatching the season 1 dvd set, I've aready done that like 6 times now LOL

Hey Lee,

I can tell! You know names that don't just come to me or I don't remember.

The moment I got my DVD set I could't stop talking about the show and my brother -who was visiting was all like "I'll give a chance to the pilot." He did and was hooked. Then he took my DVD's to my parents' to keep on watching. Now they are back with me, thank God!Tongue out

TVDi

[6]Nov 12, 2012

1) I think Nathan Ingram is really dead. In the first season, Finch made multiple references to losing someone close to him. There appear to be only two candidates for that "someone," Nathan Ingram and Grace Hendricks. Since Grace is still alive, Nathan must be dead.

LeeCuttler

[7]Nov 19, 2012

Well, in a way, he did lose Grace too. He can't be with her anymore for her own safety. I think that Nathan is dead only for the fact that I think that was what made him want to save the people in the irrelevent list. He would have had to see Nathan pop up on it and be unable to stop it.