Person of Interest Forums

Tuesday 10:00 PM on CBSIn Season

Official Season 3+ News/Speculation Thread (possible spoilers)

Gislef

[1]May 10, 2013
    • level: 101
    Please direct all news, general and specific speculation, and possible spoiler material for episodes not yet aired to this thread. Also links to news articles, polls, surveys, voting, etc.

Enjoy!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Gislef

[2]May 15, 2013
    • level: 101
    Sam Shaw will be a series regular in season 3, and the show moves to Tuesdays at 10/9 central.

delta_belle

[3]May 16, 2013
    • level: 12

I wonder if we'll find out more details about Elias' organization coming apart without him. He definitely had a few moves left, since he got his imprisoned henchmen paroled to guard Scarface in the hospital. But one might have expected him to act long before the Russians became confident enough to target Scarface.

Ariella

[4]Jun 23, 2013
    • level: 3

Gislef wrote:
    Sam Shaw will be a series regular in season 3, and the show moves to Tuesdays at 10/9 central.

I really hoped she'd grow on me, but I find her superfluous as a possible regular in the show. If I were a guy I'd probably enjoy more a tough hot chick in high heels with a gun - but IMHO it is getting too crowded in the library. I enjoyed the episode when she was introduced, but the end would be so cooler and more tragic withoutmiraculous resurrection. And - no, it is NOT because I do not want to see a strong independent woman on the show but we have already got Carter (really great developing character but not a Wonderwoman) and Zoe. No need to expand the cast taking time from the characters who show great potential.

I hope I am wrong and Shaw will be great, but she has just been irritating me (like super-Kara) so far.

yael8907

[6]Jul 10, 2013
    • level: 3

Ariella wrote:

Gislef wrote:

I really hoped she'd grow on me, but I find her superfluous as a possible regular in the show. If I were a guy I'd probably enjoy more a tough hot chick in high heels with a gun - but IMHO it is getting too crowded in the library. I enjoyed the episode when she was introduced, but the end would be so cooler and more tragic withoutmiraculous resurrection. And - no, it is NOT because I do not want to see a strong independent woman on the show but we have already got Carter (really great developing character but not a Wonderwoman) and Zoe. No need to expand the cast taking time from the characters who show great potential.

I hope I am wrong and Shaw will be great, but she has just been irritating me (like super-Kara) so far.

I soooooo agree with you. I heard of this show, but I've never been a fan of CBS, so I just didn't watch it. Rediscovering how much I love Jim Caviezal, on a whim I decided to try it and I was thoroughly enjoying it up until they introduced Shaw. Introducing her character was totally unnecessary in my opinion as well. I'm a female and I love a female that can kick ass, but Shaw is irritating to me too. She's one dimensional. With all these cliched one liners. Maybe if she was Angelina Jolie I could get over it. From the first episode she turned me off. I hate wannabe bad-ass impervious chicks. It's like the writers are trying to establish her as a female version of John Reese. We already have one character that is ex-military, haunted by his past, betrayed by his own people/ government and is finding a way to redeem himself. Jim Caviezal is a hell of an actor and I love how he portrays this disconnectedness from the world. It makes his character even more endearing, but having someone else similar to him counteracts everything. And Taraji is my girl, I love her as Det. Carter. I think she's so excellent as Carter because she's strong, but she still has that sense of vulnerability and I like that she's not Wonder women. Love that she's a single mother too.

Worse off I heard that Shaw is going to be a series regular. If the writers decide to make Reese fall in love with Shaw, I might be tempted to quit this show. I hope I'm dead wrong too, but I don't know. All I know is that Shaw is not floating my boat either...

Edited on 07/10/2013 2:43pm

TomWayne

[7]Aug 15, 2013
    • level: 6

I have pretty high hopes for Shaw this season, and not just because I'm a guy. Watch the finale back again, and you'll see the little nuances to her character's development. Also, the Machine still ID's her as a blue square (authorized to deal with Relevant threats)--with the Machine now having been "freed," it will be an interesting dynamic if, because of Shaw, Reese and Finch & Co. get assigned a few Relevant threats by the Machine in the course of the Non-relevant ones.

It'll also be interesting to see how Shaw interacts with Carter, since Shaw is even less concerned about playing by the rules than Reese (although he does seem to be having an effect on Shaw--case-in-point: Shaw saying to Reese that she was going to shoot Root ("and not in the knee"), and then opting to shoot the shoulder instead of killing her). Knowing how much Jonathan Nolan loves to play with the dynamics of personal ethics/morality/lines, it'll be another master class in character development as we watch this season how Shaw and Carter each deal with having crossed a personal line in the finale (Shaw toward mercy, Carter toward vigilantism).

It is a bit crowded in the library, but it's been a well-played expansion. Besides, I have a feeling that the herd might get thinned this season, as Fusco can now die with honor. (No, I don't want him to, but the story seems to be headed that direction.)

Still wanting more Nathan flashbacks of course--would love to see his "cases" he worked (we saw part of one already, and he admitted to more to Finch shortly before he was killed).

And no, Mr. Nolan, I would definitely not agree to thinning the herd by saying goodbye to Bear!