Person of Interest

Get Carter

Aired Tuesday 10:00 PM Dec 08, 2011 on CBS

• Dynamite!!! That's what I'm talkin' 'bout!

Finally, we got us some Carter backstory. Should it come as any surprise that she's carrying around some demons of her own, a past that helps define her present just as we've seen with Reese and Finch? Apparently this program has absolutely no place for an old-fashioned, goodguy/badguy, blackhat/whitehat ethos...which is fine by me, I'm happily swimming in these gray shades of moral ambiguity. What's really fascinating is what each of our main characters brings to the table, in terms of their own unique world views and personal struggles. Each of them is a prodigy in their own right, able and willing to use his/her abilities to effect change on their own private battlefield. BUT they are also damaged goods, left with the scars of battles lost and ideals corrupted. And now here they all are, anteing up at the same table and dealing from the same deck...D-R-A-M-A-! Man, I love this show. I suppose next we can expect them to turn Fusco up a notch or two. He's already been portrayed as the crook who suddenly surprises you with an act of goodness...and then just as quickly stabs you in the back again. He's clearly got a moral compass of some sort, even if the needle's spinning all over the place. It would be interesting to see him expand beyond the role of reluctant pawn, perhaps to become a mediator of sorts between the other characters. He's a self-interested bastard, of course...but he also seems vaguely penitent, aspiring to fight the good fight in his own misled way. Man, I love this show.