Person of Interest

God Mode

Aired Tuesday 10:00 PM May 09, 2013 on CBS

• Zero Day was the Finale; God Mode was the Wrapping Paper

Zero Day had me on the edge of my seat for the hour. God Mode ended the Reese/Jessica storyline, closed out Nathan's storyline, and ripped at the heartstrings when a wounded Finch held back from letting Grace know he survived the bombing. This episode, Michael Emerson wins the "expressive face" award. (Re the bombing, the caution at the beginning of the episode, which sat on screen for double the usual time, worried me. With a half-second 'showing' of the explosion, message received, but not

The episode, which must have been "in the can" for a couple of months, could almost have been a series finale. 'Cause we all know bad things are will keep happening.

Trying to count the 8 people who originally knew about The Machine. Finch, Nathan, Alicia Corwin, Denton Weeks, OSC (Jay O. Sanders character). Of those five, only Finch survives to date. Am I missing someone? Now, add in "Ma'am" addressed by Hersh after he took out OSC. If my count is right, two more as-yet unnamed baddies in the wings to be drawn on by Messrs. Nolan, Plageman, et. al. What fun.

Exquisite writing, faithfully relayed by spot-on casting. What week in September will Season 3 begin?