Person of Interest

Liberty

Aired Tuesday 10:00 PM Sep 24, 2013 on CBS

7.9
  • New Producer Mix, Episode a Bit Crowded, a Bit Comfy

I worried when I heard that Nolan, Burk, Lingg and Wickam have gone to HBO to bring WestWorld to series TV. There are still many of the former producers (writers, directors, editors, as I learned by response to a question to a reliable source on Twitter), accounting for the comfort level that remains.

I think once per episode is enough for Shaw to use a weapon that's as long as she is tall. Better they used the time for repeats of that effect to not shoot Mr. Finch in the library from such a distance and looking for all the world like a mouse in a maze. Disrespectful of the character who set everything in the series in motion.

My favorite thing about POI is the blend of serious theme, action sequences that I don't get grossed out by (I mean, really, Mr. R. takes out at least a trio at a time most fights, in a suit, without ever ripping a shoulder seam on his jacket, and unless he's gutshot, never breaking a sweat (my kind of action sequence!), but blended with naturally occurring humor that sometimes borders on snarky (my favorite kind). (Example: Fusco working on defusing attached to bomb asks, "You bomb squad?" Fusco replies, No, Homicide. Priceless! Actually POI is funnier than most sitcoms. The mix of elements fluctuates from one episode to another, and that's fine. I don't think I'd stop watching, but keeping a balance among the elements will keep this not-in-the-holy-grail-of-demographics-viewer happy.

Did enjoy Root's slice and dice of the shrink. Why is the Machine still talking to her after the 24 hours of God Mode? Looking forward to that being explored in future episodes.

Four days till S03E02, and counting.