Person of Interest

Masquerade

Aired Tuesday 10:00 PM Oct 18, 2012 on CBS

7.8
  • All about the characters

this might not look it but for me this episode seemed more about these 4 people and how they deal with what happened the last two episodes.

Reese is happy for sure... I haven't seen him smile so much in all the episodes of POI combined and this was clear from the first minute of the episode. His awkward tip-toeing around Finch as if not to bother or upset him in any way was beyond nice and his big smile when Finch started taking as usual (paired with the "its good to have you back") set the tone for his character this episode. He was so much more relaxed and playful (the stolen wallets scene for ex.), he looked very joyful when he realized Finch threw the ball for Bear, smiled when Carter asked about the beat up thugs in the club, clearly enjoyed scaring the sh.t out of the boyfriend and 'lit up the room' in the last scene when Finch asked if it had to be beer. This doesn't mean that he wasn't the usual ass kicking (he did plenty of that too), hard as nails Reese. All in all it was fun to watch him today.

On the other hand, Finch still feels pretty bad. Didn't realize it at the beginning, even though he was all defensive, as the dog was an awesome distraction for both him and us keeping our minds away from Root and all that mess. it only hit me when Reese asked for Finch's help and he didn't even consider going out without the dog. How scared could he be to use an unfamiliar animal, he didn't even want to befriend, for protection. Of course, he didn't manage to go help Reese. i guess for now, till he overcomes this problem Carter and Fusco will be taking over the field helper position. Felt really sorry for the guy...on the bright side, he wasn't scared to go out with Reese but he still held the dog close.

Loved Fusco today, he made a good call to give Alicia's things to Carter (deserves respect for that gesture towards Carter) and it made me feel good he was happy to talk to Finch. Of course, we all had seen it coming that he would lose the girl but how awesome was it when it was he who broke in the car window and stopped that guy from killing the girl. And the scene when he stood in from of the girl protecting her with his own body... Fusco is growing in my eyes with each episode and I'm thankful to the writers for letting him. And... i just melted at his childish pleased smile when the girl called him a stud (ROFL at Reese's expression when he heard that).

Carter was a different story today... she didn't have time to deal with the aftermath of the previous events as she had other things to do. She still very much feels uncomfortable not knowing exactly who she is helping (i would feel like that too) i just hope she doesn't get in too much danger trying to figure out their secret. i have a feeling that whatever she finds out she will keep o herself...she just needs it for her piece of mind. liked that banter in the car, and that she let him do his thing but stayed close enough to protect him if needed. and also... found it hilarious that Reese tried to find excuses for not managing to beat up the guys at the bar in less then 4 minutes.

if we add the POI of the week and the reappearance of Snow and Kara and that chip (it finally feels like Alicia's death might have had a purpose)... we get a pretty solid episode. I had a blast watching this
  • Person Of Interest.

Fantastic Episode, this show gets better & better, the 4 main characters

work well together, Carter & Reese especially. Understandable that Harold

would have a problem after what he's been through. Love the back story

of Stanton & Snow, the chip they removed from Alicia Corwin. All the pieces

to this & more will i'm sure be answered this season with another appearance

by Root (Amy Acker) which i cant wait for. nuff said.
  • This Is Not A Simple Procedural TV Show

POI presents another clever episode, not brilliant like the first episodes, but the way like the show, control his plots is marvelous. The case of week is just a little part of this, but the major plot behind is intriguing, exciting and interesting (Kara and Snow, the washington plot and now the mistery behind of Alicia's chip, I mean). The action scenes, the funny moments, the bear are just a bonus for the fans.

Bad Ass moments: Reese kicking high number of ass, Carter crashing a car to save Fusco life.
  • 2x03 - Masquerade

This was a brilliant episode simply because the characters all interacted in such great ways. The mystery behind the number was a little predictable which keeps me from giving it a perfect ten but the situation of Reese dealing with a spoiled girl and her learning to trust him redeemed it a lot. Yet what I loved most was seeing Reese's delight at having Finch back, Finch slowly getting to like Bear and how Fusco and Carter both expressed their concern and relief at having Finch back.

Another thing I really loved was how Finch's trauma over getting kidnapped by Root wasn't swept under a rug and forgotten. He's got some honest anxiety to deal with because Root certainly left emotional damage in her wake. But I really grinned over how Reese not only understood that but also was able to gently convince Finch not to wallow by getting him to leave the library for beer. And how Finch, whose already been shown once to panic at leaving, willingly risks going outside again but only because Reese is at one side of him, while Bear is at the other. Such a subtle expression of emotion -trust & friendship- which POI excels at.

All the humor in the episode was just bonus tasty icing on a delicious cake. Reese stealing those wallets to secure getting the job was brilliant, and nothing I've seen previously. Finch hiding from Reese that he's being to play with the dog was hilarious. Fusco preening at being called a stud. Carter busting in to rescue Reese and claiming she was bored. Reese complaining over the bad sportsmanship of being hit with a neon sign. All these great scenes practically reduced me to giggle fits.

Awesome episode with just the perfect blend of humor, action, characterization and building plot for the longer arcs.
  • question about season2/episode3...

can anyone help me with the name of the group who supplied the music at the finale...

thnx

s
  • Character growth (episode 4 season 2)

For me this episode was all about the characters. The biggest chance is the teamwork between them and they enjoy that. The last 5 minutes of this episode showed me that Carter and Fusco are influenced by Reese and are not only thinking of the rules. I don't hope this goes to far, but I like it that they are thinking of the results too.

I mean, Carter would not have hit that car before. But now she did, and I doubt Fusco would hit the window and fight off the guy in the previous season. Although protecting the girl with his body was something he would do, reminder of the episode where he got shot in the ass.

And as said before, Reese is happy, but also knows Finch is afraid, therefor he leaves the dog with him, and although Finch had his doubt he needs the dog (for now) to feel save. Or he needs Reese with him, like when they were going for a beer.

The story was great too. And indeed the scene where Carter came in to shoot the last guy was funny. I think she starts to enjoy the banter between her and Reese.

This is a development I would like to see and grow. However as I said I hope Carter still will be herself and not agree with every (violent) idea Reese has. She is sort of his conscience, maybe thats a bit exaggerated. But you get me.

More and more like this show
  • Music for the Episode

Last song is She's Long Gone by the Black Keys

A band worth checking out
  • Recovery

This episode is one of those prime examples of why I love this show. It doesn't have to be all action, all the time. It doesn't have to have the highest stakes. It just gives me two guys trying to make the world alright and the trouble they get into doing so. This week (as most weeks) it's all Finch for me. Like when Reese had to recover from his mid-season shooting last year, Finch has to recover from his abduction. Emerson plays the trauma well and I absolutely love having Bear around to protect him. Shows how far Finch and Reese's relationship has come. It was just a very rewarding episode overall for viewers, I think.
  • THINGS ARE BACK TO NORMAL!

After stressing the fans for the past 3 episodes with Finch's life on the line, (a great arc BTW), it was a lot of fun with Masquerade bringing everyone back together - and giving us a lot of chuckles in doing so! Loved this episode - and how Bear wriggled his way into Finch's heart (and ours too)! (Nice job, Reese)! Best part - Reese telling Finch (through Sophia) that he IS his good friend. Loved the 3 boys going out for a beer/wine at the end. Great episode. POI is simply the best.

HOT NEWS?

Jonah Nolan, says Zoe Morgan is coming back (ep 5) "to further complicate things." " How so? "[Zoe and Reese] are going to settle down together," And, EP Greg Plageman assured, "It is going to be hot!" Huh? Stay tuned (literally)!