Person of Interest

Most Likely To...

Aired Tuesday 10:00 PM Apr 01, 2014 on CBS

7.7
  • Most Likely To

I don't know why shows do these high school reunion episodes. Even this one, which was a faux reunion for Shaw and Reese just dragged forever.
  • Looking forward to ...

Just now pretty tuned for next episode
  • In my dreams

Another great episode, combining over the top gags and violence with lots of long term relevant story details. The high school reunion motif worked perfectly with the tone of the show, almost like a small screen version of "Grosse Point Blank". Although it's had a few ups and downs, this is turning into one of the best seasons of POI ever. So much so that it's invading my dreams...

Scene 1: John Reese, in a plane, surrounded by worried faces, about to parachute alone, unarmed, and wearing only his trademark suit, into mountains patrolled by crack special forces types, who've been alerted he's coming, late at night, in winter... although I'm not entirely sure about the parachute.

Finch: "You know what's waiting down there. Are you sure this is the only way?"

Shaw: "Sure you don't want some help?"

Reese: (in a hoarse whisper) "No, I've got this. "

Scene 2: John Reese, surrounded by crack special forces types, in their mountain camp, being questioned by their leader.

SF Leader: "Mister Reese, we finally meet. Given your reputation, I'm surprised you were so easy to catch. '

Reese: (in a hoarse whisper) "The question you've got to ask yourself is why?" (raises eyebrow)

Cut to: special forces camp in mountains, deserted except for a number of moaning crack special forces type shapes on the ground, zip-tied in their underwear. No sign of John Reese...

I've got to admit, my Shaw related dreams tend to be a bit more sexual though. Seriously, how cool would it be to have a GF who was quiet, discrete, didn't need to talk about her feelings all the time, and to whom you could point out anybody, and say "that one", and have them either disappear from the face of the Earth, or come down with a mysterious knee-cap related ailment. Too bad she doesn't do relationships.

This brings up another thought though - flashing ahead a few years to a support group/convalecence home for surviving POI villains, we see a room full of tough, fit looking characters, characterized by dazed expressions, and the fact they are all on crutches or in wheel chairs. Damn, I should see if I can get a job writing for them.

• Gets better and better

This show is awsome Caviezel and Emerson are great
  • Reassignment

I loved that this episode had a very different weekly feel to it - it did a great job blending the regular and the overarching plotlines - but much of the episode felt overwritten, predictable or just plain off. Mostly, I felt this way with the Finch scenes. He was off, or the situation was off, I'm not entirely sure which. I really enjoyed seeing that more human side of Shaw again, been missing her since she bonded with the girl forever ago. It was a great episode, just needed to smooth over the few rough patches. Can't wait to see how Control shutting down affects the whole dynamic and what Control herself will do now that she's basically free.
  • Loved It.

I really enjoyed this episode, the High School reunion did make me laugh Reese getting his face slapped and Shaw, the fake High School picture. Fantastic Episode Again.
  • Tertiary systems

It appears that as the "known"systems hosting the machine get shut down, it is moving to those tertiary systems that it arranged for itself. I am a big fan of the redemption of Root by way of her becoming what is, essentially, the avatar of the machine in the physical world. Even though we never see "her" in the physical world and only get a sense of thoughts through those "decision diagrams" that flash by once in a while, the machine is still a very real, and central, character in this drama. Root is becoming more and more of a window into the thoughts of the machine, who apparently cares enough about the trivia of the world to bother to tell Root that Fusco is going to need a battery for his smoke detector.... There's no point worrying about Root being a little "smug". You go be gods action sock puppet for a while and see if you don't get a little smug :)
  • hmm nice again

good episode as always :)

and shaw looks 5 yrs younger.... aka... she looks hot here!
  • Interestingly Interesting.

I enjoyed the show as usual, up to the grinning Cheshire cat (root) turned up. The team of Reese and Shaw really work well together, their deadpan humor really cracks me up. Finally, his name is Harold NOT Harry, stupid root!!!!!
  • Shaw: "Let's see how Harold did with me"... Nicely played Finch

That was the perfect match for Shaw. I couldn't stop laughing. It was brilliant! I enjoyed every second of this episode (and so did she), the writers should give us more like this one.

It was a risky move from Root to lead the vigilance right to them but she's Root after all and thank God she got there right on time to save Finch and Fusco. She's definitely better working with the team than agains them.

What's gonna happen now? "shut the program down"? What does that mean? Hope it's revealed on the next episode.