Person of Interest

Most Likely To...

Aired Tuesday 10:00 PM Apr 01, 2014 on CBS

7.7
  • In my dreams

Another great episode, combining over the top gags and violence with lots of long term relevant story details. The high school reunion motif worked perfectly with the tone of the show, almost like a small screen version of "Grosse Point Blank". Although it's had a few ups and downs, this is turning into one of the best seasons of POI ever. So much so that it's invading my dreams...

Scene 1: John Reese, in a plane, surrounded by worried faces, about to parachute alone, unarmed, and wearing only his trademark suit, into mountains patrolled by crack special forces types, who've been alerted he's coming, late at night, in winter... although I'm not entirely sure about the parachute.

Finch: "You know what's waiting down there. Are you sure this is the only way?"

Shaw: "Sure you don't want some help?"

Reese: (in a hoarse whisper) "No, I've got this. "

Scene 2: John Reese, surrounded by crack special forces types, in their mountain camp, being questioned by their leader.

SF Leader: "Mister Reese, we finally meet. Given your reputation, I'm surprised you were so easy to catch. '

Reese: (in a hoarse whisper) "The question you've got to ask yourself is why?" (raises eyebrow)

Cut to: special forces camp in mountains, deserted except for a number of moaning crack special forces type shapes on the ground, zip-tied in their underwear. No sign of John Reese...

I've got to admit, my Shaw related dreams tend to be a bit more sexual though. Seriously, how cool would it be to have a GF who was quiet, discrete, didn't need to talk about her feelings all the time, and to whom you could point out anybody, and say "that one", and have them either disappear from the face of the Earth, or come down with a mysterious knee-cap related ailment. Too bad she doesn't do relationships.

This brings up another thought though - flashing ahead a few years to a support group/convalecence home for surviving POI villains, we see a room full of tough, fit looking characters, characterized by dazed expressions, and the fact they are all on crutches or in wheel chairs. Damn, I should see if I can get a job writing for them.