Person of Interest

Nothing to Hide

Aired Tuesday 10:00 PM Oct 01, 2013 on CBS

• Should scumbags be saved?

I have been pondering this question for awhile now. We have had our kind decent souls that show up on the POI in the past but Kruger is a douche. It seems like this type of person cares only about himself. This character was devoid of any human compassion, he seeks only opportunity and advancement for himself. He is the type of person who would step on other people in order to get what he wants. To put it simply his motive in live is always about his Greater Good.

This is one time I wish that the group would leave the situation alone. Its one of those moral ethical questions about what is better for the world as a whole. But this is a show and we aren't supposed to think about deep issues, we are only simply thinking about explosions and comedy (sarcasm)
  • no hidden information

this episode really reminds people the potential danger of the social webisdes.. how could normal people take control of the easily accessible information without detecting the potential life threat?should people stop throwing their personal imformation on the net?indeed theres no options for most of websites to decide who can get the information even they are wrong people.
  • Good episode as always...

Good going by POI. Never let me down..

and this episode about identity theft really made me feel about the dangers of social websites..

the stuff people have on facebook can really get dangerous in the hands of the wrong people.
  • The perils of modern technology

Finch=Brains

Shaw=Brawn

Reese=Beauty

And I'm liking it! I just feel like a lot of people are feeling threatened by the badass Shaw just because its a 'she' and not a 'he'. But damn I love that woman!

I felt the premiere was a bit of a letdown aside from Root, but this episode was awesome and I didn't expect the d-bag guy to get killed in such a fashion. POI keeps surprising us. The introduction of this new group of vigilantes(?) is quite intriguing. While I do not give two hoots about Carter's new buddy, I just hope he isn't working for HR since that would be very predictable.
  • Another great episode

Another great episode, just a bit disappointing that the team couldn't take down such an easy target. They've easily fought worse with less of a team!
  • Nothing to Hide

Office/Detective Carter came off a bit annoying, I don't like the way Taraji P. Henson has been delivering her lines lately, but that was a minor complaint of another strong episode. I like how they blur the lines on the good and the bad guys so often, because most programs have a ridiculous bias throughout.

Fun episode, not special, but still pretty good.
  • Open Secrets

Long before Edward Snowden's revelations about Prism and the extent of NSA surveillance put Cheshire-cat grins on the faces of executive producers Jonathan Nolan and Greg Plageman, they have been up front about seeing Person of Interest as a cautionary tale of lives lived increasingly online. Those concerns have been largely implicit, part of the show's underlying DNA. This episode moves them to the forefront, with a Number, Wayne Kruger, who runs Lifetrace, which proposes taking data mining to new levels. The company's name may be a little on-the-nose, and some of the plotting a little heavy-handed, but it serves notice that this season will take on these issues more directly.

However, the need to bring Finch and Kruger together raises my major quibble. It makes for a nice confrontation, and even comedy, when Finch clucks at Kruger's offer of his password. But it beggars belief that they would bring him to the library when the need to keep it anonymous has been long established. Beyond belief is Bear, the Special Forces-trained attack dog, inflicting only superficial damage after Kruger attacks Finch. All of that should have happened, sans Bear, in one of Finch's trove of safe houses.

Root remains on the sidelines, allowing the suspense to build on how exactly she'll handle Dr. Carmichael. It also keeps the focus on the new player in the game, the group that actually pulled all the strings in Kruger's demise. When Shaw was introduced last season, I mentioned her team felt like Quantum Leap's Evil Leapers. Some astute readers pointed out the flaws in that analogy, but this group, using familiar methods with fewer scruples, is giving me that vibe all over again. And with Root's release imminent, there may be some tricky new alliances about to form.
  • Closer. But...

Closer to an ep from S01 and S02. Did like the new threat from Collier's group. Wonder if Alistair Wesley or Logan Pierce or Decima or HR or even Elias are involved with that?

Not sure about Shaw, at all. We've seen the gun-as-tall-as-she-is, and now the "can she go somewhere and not shoot someone" lines. Other than those skills and being ogled (which we get to see in EP03 next

Down 2 million viewers per week for weeks 1 and 2 (because CBS's change of day and time was a BAD idea, and their promotion of the show was practically non-existent (I mean, really, a promo at 10:59 . on Tuesday over the summer, at the END of an episode on repeats)?

And if they're going to credit Amy Acker, let's "hear" some of her conversations with Mademoiselle God, AKA The Machine.

But I will keep watching, for the vestiges of seasons past that may appear from time to time.

Just couldn't leave well enough alone, could they?

Oh, yeah, guess Tim Surette didn't even like it enough to review it (4 days later). That's a bad omen.
  • My concerns are coming true

5.5
    A few weeks ago I wrote down my general fear that Shaw would only steal screen time from Reese. So far, it looks I am right. In this episode Reese was only giving lines and then, by the end of the show, he got shot so that Shaw would come and rescue him.

Why the h... did the producers come up with the idea to add another person into the main cast. It was working perfectly before that time.

Oh, I get it: She would fit into situations where Reese would not fit it. Well, what about a case in a kindergarden, or in a retirement home? Lets put a six years old into the main cast. And, ofcourse, my grandma needs a job. I think Shaw is only in it for the ratins. She is absolutely redundant.
  • Lie and Greed

This episode ran the risk of being a stereotypical procedural, complete with 'think of the dead children and what they would want' line. It also served as a stark reminder of just how big the Machine's posse has become and it feels more of a hindrance than anything. I really get the feeling that by the end of this season, we're going to lose someone, regardless of how obviously comfortable the position the show's in right now (knocking Finch out and then having nothing come of it after the commercial? . I like the idea of another overarching organization to work against (as much as that makes me think we'll be done with HR at the end of the season. Also, rookie boy? Definitely HR plant. An okay episode overall, but I think it's time we move beyond the case of the week.
  • Heading up that first big hill on the Season 3 coaster at a nice clip...

Will there be twists this season? Yep. Turns? Absolutely. Reveals? Count on it. Moments of fans saying, "They got me *again*?????" Oh, yes. How do I know? Just watch this episode--no scene or character will prove down the road to be just filler, mark my words. (And this even without seeing Elias or Root tonight!)

Now I know why the London newspapers would sell out when Doyle or Dickens released another installment of a story! Can't we just have all of Season 3 available at once?

Best line this week: "He does that. " Applause in our house. (Carbon-copy of Jonah Nolan's scripted line from the second film in a little movie trilogy he helped his brother with in recent years, and just as apropos and funny here. )

Best part of next week so far--Zoe returns!

• Much better

Big improvement over last week. Still feels a bit crowded with Shaw as a regular (not seeing Reese as much), but it took a very interesting twist that I wasn't expecting. This episode felt more like my show.
  • Now, THAT'S more like it

Great episode. I was a little concerned about the direction of the show from last week's premier, but THIS is more like it!