Person of Interest

Number Crunch

Aired Tuesday 10:00 PM Dec 15, 2011 on CBS

• My rating. Hehe

Well, first off, to everybody else who hung on while other people said that Person of Interest was a boring piece of mediocre entertainment and endured Big Bang(it really is hilarious) and Rules of Engagement(watch it only because of Patrick Warburton's voice) just so that you wouldn't miss POI's beginning every Thursday, cheers! You're so not alone.

Sure, the show has flaws, such as the review below titled "Number Crunch" elaborates, but we still come back each week for more and if we miss an episode, hurry off to the CBS website to get caught up. The double duo, or Fearsome Four team of Reese and Finch-Fusco and Carter is wonderful and the tension spent on wondering if Carter will ever catch Fusco spying on her is great. Finch and Reese are slowly but surely figuring each other out while trying to look as if their not actually trying to figure each other out is amusing, especially with the whole time continuum scene from the latest episode.

Number Crunch started off rather straightforward with the whole drug loaded, wrecked car plot and my parents and I jumped on board rather quickly, but we enjoy figuring stuff out ahead of time just so we can say that we did. The machine spits out four numbers this time though, giving a little diversion to the monotony of just one number. Honestly, New York is a big city; surely more than one person is in danger in the same moment. (One of the aforementioned flaws is that ALL of the people of interest are in New York. I know it's a good point to one of the points that the writer's need to address for a greater realistic feel, but really, I don't care, haha.)

When Reese had to call on Finch to help with the leg work, I found myself enjoying the fact that Finch had to roll up his sleeves for a change, but then the his person of interest (no pun intended) dies and Finch gets a taste of how Reese feels almost all the time. Seeing how concerned Reese was for his... I won't say "friend" because we're not that far along yet... how about "comrade in arms"? Anyway, his concern for Finch's safety is touching, along with a great stare of panic from Jim Caviezel.

Even with the commercial for this episode, I had a hard time believing that Carter would betray Reese, even though the CIA was all "we know everything". He did save her life and so even when he's standing in the parking lot with a sniper trained on him, I'm thinking, "Naw, Carter is gonna save him."

But then all Hades breaks loose, and Reese is finally shown to be mortal. The conversation with Finch was touching and my whole family was teetering on the edge of our seats, pressing the imaginary gas pedal to get Finch to him. His total disregard for his own safety in order to safe his friend, yes they are officially friends now, is a good thing and the way Reese thanks Finch for his "second chance" is very touching. Then Carter FINALLY comes through and lets Reese get away. Better late than never, I guess.

On the whole, give us more CBS!! PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE bring this show back next year and don't leave us hanging for too long!

CBS