Person of Interest

Prisoner's Dilemma

Aired Tuesday 10:00 PM Jan 10, 2013 on CBS

• Kudos for the small details

Amazing episode, simply thrilling!

Have to say I really appreciate the funny bits in what is otherwise a very serious episode, though the funniest part for me was definitely Finch gearing up to break into a prison :)

Very few shows can pull off multiple continuing story threads, weave them together and still have a thoroughly coherent narrative. This episode has definitely succeeded there - Elias, FBI, rogue CIA, the shadowy government group, even that idiot that was Bear's previous owner, all combined together and necessary for the development of the episode and the continuing of all the stories.

One more thing I wanted to say is that I also very much appreciate the effort they put into making the Bosnia storyline as believable as possible. Most TV shows choose one of us small countries from across the Atlantic, stick in a few names that sound vaguely from that region, and then mess every other little detail up. I hate that, simply hate it. So, naturally, when I saw the article in Serbian, I paused to read through it, and it's definitely written by someone who knows the language well, with no grammatical mistakes. As a Serbian speaker myself, it's beyond frustrating to find these little tidbits, pause the episode to inspect it, only to discover everything written in Russian, which, while also a Slavic language, has very little in common with Serbian/Croatian/Bosnian trio. So, kudos to the makers for that.
  • A Hint of ....

I love this show. It makes Thursdays worth waiting for.

I would love to see a romance begin between Carter and Reese. I saw a hint of that during the interrogation scenes and they way Carter defended Reese to Donnelly.

It would be a nice addition to the story lines. Keeping my fingers crossed.
  • Best Ever!

There are no words to describe how brilliant this epsode was. Congratulations to everyone involved,from the actors writers etc. It was like watching a movie.

Jim Caviezel is just flawless as Reese.

Sad part was when poor Bear was crying for John and did anyone notice what he was lying on? Pulled at the heartstrings.

I thought the kiss between Cara/Reese was hot! So jealous of that woman.

Can't wait for the next ep. 10/10
  • OMG! This one went from purgatory straight down to hell

This must possibly be the strongest episode of PoI so far. Loved the interrogation sessions, Carter was wonderful playing her double game. But I never saw the ending safe to say that it's not all over yet!

Loved this storyline, PoI is so much better when it has a continuing story that goes on and keeps you interested. The number-of-the-week-stories kinda falls flat in comparison to this excellent episode.

• Perfect 10/10

Just an amazing episode, there's really nothing more to say! Season 2 just keeps getting better and better, the tension is rising and we need to be patient for the next one (which will be a rather hard task to perform, given this one's ending)... Best show on TV right now, and far ahead from the rest.
  • One Of The Best Episodes Of The Entire Show So Far

I don't know about you guys, but I think this is the best episode I ever see this year so far, so intense, well acted and incredible writed. I like every single minute of this episode. Person of Interest up for the next level for me.
  • Awesome !!!

Really an awesome episode.... gripping, tight, storyline switching seamlessly from past to present and the end to the episode was just superb....
  • Prisoners Dilemma

love love love this show. This episode had so much and the story improved so much as well with Lionel going to protect this weeks person of interest the show got much more entertaining as it was more focused on the story than the weeks new POI. Seeing Elias made me smile and that smile is back now that im writing about it. As soon as i thought they were done with the story of Reese being a suspect they bring it back with a twist and now i can't wait for the next episode and it will not air until 31/1/2013 which seems far to me as i am desperately waiting to know what happens next (the show is unpredictable).
  • Now That's More Like It!

Superb episode. My favourite scenes were EVERY SCENE. I cannot believe that I would ever say that about any TV show. But, obviously, if it's going to be one, it's got to be PERSON OF INTEREST.

Seeing such a fast pace episode was really amazing. I was literally at the edge of my seat. It was nice seeing Fusco getting the (love?)-struck by the model, Karolina. Fusco, you never fail to impress.

So many great things in this episode:

1) We find out the true reason why Reese didn't kill Kara

2) The interrogation scenes. Amazing!

3) Donnelly finds out who 'The Man In The Suit' really was. Sad that he died but honestly, he was getting irritating when he kept pushing Carter during the interrogations.

4) We see Finch's back-up the machine one) An almost perfect cover for Reese. It was great seeing him creating a fake identity footprint while Carter was interrogating(Ugh, this long word!) Reese.

5) Finch holding a rifle!

6) Elias. Need I say more?

7) The ending. Kara is back, baby!!

8) The badass scene after Reese gets free, walking down the hall. Wow!

9) And Much much more.....

I guess my dilemma(pun obviously intended) was rating this episode 9.5-10. But I'm glad to report, IT'S A 10!
  • What's not to like

So many good things about this episode:

- Psycho-b**ch Kara Stanton in flashbacks

- Elias!

- Reese's description of his life along the road not taken.

- Finch making the lie real - on the fly, no less

- Finch in combat mode ready to jail-break John

- Bear looking for John and sleeping on John's suit at Finch's feet (Awwwww)

- The entire ending and psycho-b**ch Kara and her handy dandy needle

Good times.

I have to say that if I was as good an interrogator as Carter was supposed to be, I would kick Donnelly's butt for interrupting as much as he did. However, I saw the resolution of his story line coming as soon as he caught Carter and Reese together. How else could that have ended?

I find it interesting that John wore the "uniform" (suit, white shirt, no tie) during his CIA assassin days and still prefers it now. Hmmmm.

I wish they would do more with Fusco. I was hoping he would get to show some skills in this episode with his own POI, but it wouldn't have changed anything if his scenes had been deleted entirely. Still just comic relief. Give the man something worthwhile to do!!

The Stanton/Reese kiss -- yuck!
  • Person Of Interest

More than AMAZING !!! I HOPE IT GETS BETTER AND BETTER

LOVE THIS
  • Person Of Interest.

What an episode, brilliantly written & very well acted, does it get any better than this. What can i say, i agree with the other reviews, when Carter & Reese got arrested i thought hell no & then at end of the car crash that bitch shows up Kara, when is she going to get her head blown off. Thumbs Up.
  • That's the Person Of Interest that I miss!

That episode was amazing! I was on the edge of my seat the whole time! I kept saying, "Uh oh! How's he going to get out of this one?" And then that ending! I can't believe I have to wait until the 31st to see what happens next! I feel a POI marathon coming on!
  • Only Option

That was a brilliant episode. I'm not entirely sure where to start. For it being an episode based around interrogation, it captured my attention and kept me wondering how it was going to end. As it approached said conclusion, it became obvious there was only one way out. Who delivered that way out is an interesting choice, and about time, but the motive is yet to be seen. For a bit there, I wondered if PoI was going to start relying more heavily on Fusco, but he remains comic relief in an otherwise incredibly dense, heavy episode. Three weeks to part two is torture.
  • Second Best POI Episode Thus Far

Okay, this was a brilliant episode all around... The writing, the acting, the directing, the producing... Everything. *SPOILERS*

The flashbacks seemed to focus on the idea of choice. They showed Reese and Kara working together in Paris and Prague and some choices Reese has had to make. They reveal no grand revelation, but aid in Reese's character development substantially. The replaying of the Ordos flashbacks (Matsya Nyaya) was a bit tedious for us die-hard POI-ers, but I didn't mind.

The episode itself was brilliant. Reese told us so much in what he told Detective Carter, and the story arc was excellent. And as per usual, it was brilliantly acted all across. Lots of twists and turns, great music, and the Fusco side-storyline, which served as the much needed comic relief was hilarious. Overall, excellent episode and runnerup to only Many Happy Returns... 9.5/10.
  • Irrelevant

Special agent Donnelly already knows what "the man in the suit" looks like. He saw him in episode 23 of last season. So why does he need Carter to interrogate the 4 suspects?
  • Loved it!

Best episode of the year of any TV show thus far.. let's see if anything can dethrone this :)
  • A question.

Why is Reece, when viewed by the machine in the past, surrounded by a yellow square? This would be before he knew about the machine
  • Brilliant

Not sure where this show will go but it continues to be impressive. Hope it continues. Loved the last two even more than the most. Seeing Elias in jail completely caught me off guard. (although unlikely long term and short term prisoners would be in the same spot but it's still TV). Nice coincidence. Didn't really care for the car crash at the end of the last one as it seemed a little too convenient. But I didn't expect it so that stays true to the whole series. Loved it otherwise
  • Jim Caviezel back as the Prisoner

The title of Prisoner's Dilemma had the prisoner is in refererence to Jim Caviezel as lead character John Reese.

The title of this episode and who it was alluding to is quite curious since Caviezel had played The Prisoner in the remake mini-series.

So in a way Caviezel had returned as The Prisoner, albeit a different one, in the Person of Interest episode.